GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

will lowering car void warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-01, 07:40 AM
tmasta
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im sure this was covered before.. so my bad for askin again.. but if u get springs installed somewhere else then a lexus dealer does this void the warranty? i was playin to get the ltuned shocks/springs.. but can i get them installed somewhere else?

also how much has everyone been paying for spring/shock installs... at performance shops.. and at lexus dealers? thanks!!

TOny
Old 05-31-01, 08:30 AM
gsfour
Pole Position

This is a touchy subject among dealers as we all know. From what I've heard changing the suspension will void the suspension, not the engine or any other part which the suspension does not affect. But your new parts that you installed have their own warranty so....

L-Tuned has their own policy. I think you can only obtain the L-Tuned warranty if installed at a Lexus dealer. If you go with Bilstein or whatever, it can be installed anywhere and you get the Bilstein warranty. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 05-31-01, 09:58 AM
RacingAristo

You have to have your l-tuned parts installed in lexus dealer. Otherwise, it will break the warranty.
Old 05-31-01, 12:03 PM
RealMarty
Lexus Test Driver

A clarification.

If you have L-Tuned components installed by a Lexus dealer they will carry the same warranty as the original Lexus components. So installing L-Tuned shocks/springs at the dealer preserves your 4-year (is that correct) OEM warranty. It also removes any question about the validity of a warranty claim in which the shocks/springs could be claimed as the possible cause of problems to any related components.

If you have the shocks/springs installed elsewhere or if you install non-Lexus parts such as the Bilsteins the Lexus warranty on the L-Tuned parts is voided...and it's possible your dealer could try to invalidate a warranty claim on a brake or sway bar problem, for example, by trying to blame it on non-warranted suspension components.

Some dealers are more open to after market add-ons than others. If you are concerned you should talk to your Lexus service rep and find out that dealer's view. Sometimes you may have to shop dealers to find one who will work with you.