GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Luxlink Problems WONT start sometimes!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-05, 08:24 PM
Alexus-Kia
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Luxlink Problems WONT start sometimes!

Ok i've had this remote starter in for about maybe 2 months now and noticed it WORKS sometimes and doesnt others. Usually the first "START" in the morning WONT START, i find myself always having to start the car with the key the regular way. the rest of the day it works OK i guess other times im clicking the damn thing in the house out the window it wont start so i go to the door and click it, it wont start i stand next to the car click it....... it starts!!

THIS IS DEFETING THE PURPOSE OF THE REMOTE START IF I HAVE TO GO OUTSIDE MOST OF THE TIME TO START THE CAR OR BE CLOSE TO IT!!!

ITS not the battery OR the key because i bought a new key and new batterys for both keys and it does it with both masters! So i dont know if there is something that can be adjusted under the hood to make it work or not so thats why i'm posting!!!

Please help! If i knew it wasnt going to work so often i would have just bought a cheap aftermarket remote start and delt with those problems ATLEAST it would have been cheaper!!!

ANYWAY please help!!!

~Kia
Old 03-05-05, 08:48 PM
Indio
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Each system comes with an antenna that will determine it's range, unless your system offers an extended range antenna it is what it is.
Old 03-05-05, 09:00 PM
jonathancl
Racer

Received 364 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by Indio
Each system comes with an antenna that will determine it's range, unless your system offers an extended range antenna it is what it is.
No no no. LuxLink uses the key's remote lock button.

It's pretty simple...if you can lock/unlock your car, you can start it.
You're either too far to do so or not doing it fast enough (farther away, it can be hard to get those three lock signals in rapid succession).
Old 03-05-05, 09:20 PM
Indio
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jonathancl
No no no. LuxLink uses the key's remote lock button.

It's pretty simple...if you can lock/unlock your car, you can start it.
You're either too far to do so or not doing it fast enough (farther away, it can be hard to get those three lock signals in rapid succession).
As I said before, each system has it's own antenna, in this case Luxlink uses the factory lock/unlock sensor and we all know how short the range of that is.
Old 03-05-05, 10:58 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

just to clarify, did you try it in the morning like 1 foot away from the car and see if it works?

if not, i wonder if it has something to do with teh connection, that something isn't in well contact?
Old 03-06-05, 04:04 PM
Alexus-Kia
Lexus Test Driver

yes, someytimes i can walk all the wat to the car ans still nothing in the morning! sometimes my car is right outside my window and it wont start! i dunnooooooo!
Old 03-06-05, 04:14 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

I noticed range varies with weather. Sometimes i can start it from across the parking structure and other times I'm like 10 feet away.
Old 03-06-05, 04:55 PM
Rich27
Lexus Test Driver

The same thing happened on my aftermarket Viper alarm on my old Integra. I think it might be a connection, or maybe a change in weather. Sometimes in the morning it would be warm and the car would start fine.
Old 03-06-05, 05:21 PM
Luxury Motorworks
Driver

Hello Kia

Sorry to hear your having problems... Has it been really cold lately?? I mean unusually cold in CT?

Is the car even cranking from a distance?? If not, it may be the car battery is getting to old to crank the car over in the cold weather...
Also, another thing you can do is leave your parking lights ON... So that when you do the 3 lock sequence, if the car starts, the lights are ON and you know it received the signal. If the car is OFF and the lights are ON, you know the car received the signal, but your battery was not able to crank the car over with the Luxlink unit.

Do you have a clear view of you car when you attempt to remote start it?? If you can see the lights flash or hear the beep 3 times, the car should start. If you don't have a clear view, then most likely the car is not receiving the signal too good.

Let me know how else I can help

Thanks
Old 03-06-05, 10:25 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Alexus-Kia
yes, someytimes i can walk all the wat to the car ans still nothing in the morning! sometimes my car is right outside my window and it wont start! i dunnooooooo!
umm, another silly question. you said the car doesn't crank right? to crank the car you push the lock button 3 times. for teh 3 times, does the car beep?

on the other hand, if you press on the unlock button, does it beep?

if pushing the lock bottons 3 times and the car beeps but not cranking, i think it might be something else like what lmw said
Old 03-07-05, 07:55 PM
Alexus-Kia
Lexus Test Driver

Sometimes i will press it and it will beep 3/4 times and wont start i get so pissed (EML) but dag!! But it beeps everytime!

Like i said for instance the other morning my car was outside my window on the first floor and i clicked and no start, so i walked to the back door (im looking at the car the whole time) clicked it and NO START so i brought my tired half dressed butt back in the house through a robe on and walked up to the car and it beeped all three times and no start so i just unlocked the car and put the key in and started it. My hair was wild *** ummmm and the nebiors were all looking i was mad! BTW: this day the temp wasnt too bad but the days very honestly!! I dont want to spend money i dont need to spend on a new battery if its not the problem!!

But this happened to me a few times since the install.

I do leave my lights on automatic and even when the car is in the garage when i use the garage door opener i can see the back of my car to see the lights blink and sometimes it starts and sometimes it doesnt!

i was at the supermarket the other day and someone else had a remote start they must have started there car from inside the store, i found myself getting a little jealous because i have to be right in front of my car to start it IF it starts and this person started his/her car from god knows where inside the store so i sat in my car and looked at there car to see if i saw someone walk over to the car but i guess they were checking out and started the car so it would be ready. I WAS TEMPTED to wiat untill whenever they came out to ask they what kind of started they had!!!

Any help woud be great Thanks EVERYONE for al the input!

~Na'Kia
Old 03-07-05, 09:13 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

umm... maybe you should give lmw a call during the day and talk to steve directly, and see what's up and whether he can give you some directions
Old 03-07-05, 11:52 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Alexus-Kia
i was at the supermarket the other day and someone else had a remote start they must have started there car from inside the store, i found myself getting a little jealous because i have to be right in front of my car to start it IF it starts and this person started his/her car from god knows where inside the store so i sat in my car and looked at there car to see if i saw someone walk over to the car but i guess they were checking out and started the car so it would be ready. I WAS TEMPTED to wiat untill whenever they came out to ask they what kind of started they had!!!
Well, LMW won't be able to do much about this since it is basically the range of the OEM alarm. Blame Lexus. If you want this kind of range, you will need to go completely aftermarket.
Old 03-08-05, 05:51 AM
clarky86
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try opening up the remote and cleaning all the contacts under the rubber buttons and replacing the battery. Use a pencil eraser or better yet electronincs cleaner on the contacts.
Old 03-08-05, 07:10 AM
sung35
Lead Lap

Not sure if this help. I noticed that the remote range is much farther (50+feet) after I replaced my 5 years old OEM battery. With the old battery, my remote won't be able to unlock/lock the car beyond 20 feet.

Quick Reply: Luxlink Problems WONT start sometimes!