GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

At Last ! My JDM Piece Finally Arrived !

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-05, 04:20 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 305 Likes on 184 Posts

Your grille looks very nice Dman!!! I guess since it is painted it is very likely not a CF grille?

Your car looks very nice and classy overall! I love the color!! How do you get your pics to look so good? I have the same color GS and I can never get my pics to look that good..............

I have been contemplating getting a CF hood, but not sure if I would leave it unpainted. When you do your photoshop with a CF hood, please pm so that I can see how it looks. The main reason why I would get a CF hood is not really for the look but to reduce some weight.

Old 03-17-05, 05:21 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

D-MAN, that grille is the first I've seen on a GS here in the Northeast (boo to all the Cali dudes with their easy access to JDM parts j/k ). I like the way it matches with the color of the headlight eyebrows.

Looking forward to seeing it in person again this coming spring, and I gotta see that awesome Zaino job too
Old 03-17-05, 08:10 AM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I love the Grill!

DId you just get the chrome door handles? I hadn't noticed that previosuly.

Somebody is looking VIP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again, very very nice!

Ted
Old 03-17-05, 09:19 AM
Dsmart
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fogs and what is price of JDM kit

I have a 02 gs430 it has HID standard so I have to have another HID kit for the fogs alone? Also I saw a JDM kit for $1299 is that a rip off or is that too high or what did you have to pay? I see kits all day long on ebay for like $450 why so cheap?
Old 03-17-05, 09:24 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

very interesting d, i didn't notice that difference! great attention to details there!
Old 03-17-05, 09:27 AM
whytry
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

D-man, I love your car man. It's hot..

If you ever want to sell those wheels let me know man...

Grille looks awesome, and the CF hood might be a nice accent to your color scheme. Have you thought about getting the hood painted silver? Some of the black will still come through, but some of it will look silver..... Just an idea...
Old 03-17-05, 11:34 AM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cool HID Fogs.

Originally Posted by rominl
very nice, D. i like the hid fogs, really miss it if you ask me. but oh well

and damn the grill looks like the dsr. what are the differences?
Henry,
What made you sell your HIDs for your fogs anyway. I was always wondering what your reason was.

D-Man,
Do people get pissed off and high beam you? That's what happens on occassion after I put HIDs on my 4-Runner. I guess b/c it sits so high.
Will
Old 03-17-05, 12:48 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by TAMR_GUS98
Henry,
What made you sell your HIDs for your fogs anyway. I was always wondering what your reason was.

D-Man,
Do people get pissed off and high beam you? That's what happens on occassion after I put HIDs on my 4-Runner. I guess b/c it sits so high.
Will
hahhaa i always need a reason? i needed the money to buy the sc430

just kidding. i got a blown hid bulb (coz' i turned on and off the hid fogs in 2 hours, bad idea), so i had to take it out. but ended up i had to take off my whole front body kits coz' it's blocking teh foglights. so afterwards i just thought to myself that it's taking too much effort to change it again later if something happens, so i just took the whole kit off and sold it.

at least i was the first one with hid fogs, so i have achieved what i wanted to. but i DO miss the intense yellow fogs with the hid. my car was BRIGHT, that's all i can say
Old 03-17-05, 12:54 PM
SILVRSTUD
Driver School Candidate

Smile Fogs

Hey im a new member and i have a 98 gs 300 with no HID hookups and i want the yellow fogs just like yours cause they are hot. So my question is where do i get all the pieces from and how much? Also where do i get the inner white lights from and how much thanks SILVRSTUD!
Old 03-17-05, 12:58 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Originally Posted by Neo
Carson Tuned? Or do you mean DSR. If the latter, then yes they are similar. I have not looked at both in details but apparently there are minor differences. This is the reason why D-MAN63 got the ABFlug.

Ohhhh.

I remember at EOS my buddy tommy won the raffle for the grill which was the same one lxogood has on his car. I thought it was carson tuned. lol..

So it's the dsr grill. thanks for the clarification.

-bryan
Old 03-17-05, 01:03 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by SILVRSTUD
Hey im a new member and i have a 98 gs 300 with no HID hookups and i want the yellow fogs just like yours cause they are hot. So my question is where do i get all the pieces from and how much? Also where do i get the inner white lights from and how much thanks SILVRSTUD!
you need to get yell foglight housing, you can get them new from carson toyota, about 160 bucks for teh pair?

and you need hid kits if you want hid from the headlights and foglights. you need two sets, i recommend philips, and it's about 500 bucks per set. if you are a baller and wanna do oem hid headlights, power to you, new ones are like 1k each side
Old 03-17-05, 01:06 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

One more thing, what kind of eyelids are those ANDY? Look like JP to me
Old 03-17-05, 01:25 PM
BmoreGS4
Pole Position

D-Man I have to apologize upfront for fantasizing about your HID fogs while here @ work and drooling on my monitor...You do all of the Alpine Silver (please say its Alpine) 400's justice...
Old 03-17-05, 05:46 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Thanks everyone for the nice compliments ! I have to admit by far the best mod I put on is the HID fogs.. It enhances the front big time.

ted920, I got the handles awhile ago.. It adds flavor to the sides without overpowering it with too much chrome.. This mod will definately look killer on your ride man!

dsmart, yes you have to get another 9006 HID kit for your fogs.. $450-$550 is the price of a good high quality HID kit like Philips..

lexusk8, well doug hopefully we will meet again soon! Are you using Zaino yet? I remember last time we left off you were still using meguiars? Like I said before at the bbq, u have the cleanest (literally) ES I have ever seen in my life!

Hameed, lol.. I am sure your car doesn't come out good, those HRE's and 14 inch Stoptechs are not eye candy enough I will definately give you that photoshop pic.. Though I heard that CF hoods tend to bend under the sun's heat causing gaps at the sides.

whytry, yeah I thought about painting part of a CF hood my color.. Though its still up in the air, I heard not so good things about CF hoods over time..

Tamr, I have not gotten anyone who flashed me yet.. I actually drove my friend's car past my car to see what other drivers see.. I think its because 1) I dont have those 10000k ultra purple BS that produces more glare than light.. 2) My hid fogs are pointing more downward than straight or up at an angle..

silvrstud, try xenondepot.com to get all the things you need to have this setup.

lexaristo, hey bryan whats up buddy ! The eyelids are actually Carson tuned eylids.. Kinda looks like the JP ones.. I believe the JP ones are even skinnier than mine... too subtle if u ask me.

Bmore, yeah its alpine color Something about this color I like more than other types of silver.. Its more of a lighter silver I guess.

Last edited by D-MAN63; 03-17-05 at 06:01 PM.
Old 03-17-05, 07:09 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL, finally someone else with a blacked-out AbFlug grill on a silver gs. Now we literally look identical, even though mine's cf. But from the far it looks the same hehehhee.

Quick Reply: At Last ! My JDM Piece Finally Arrived !