GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My 1st real mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-05, 09:29 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

well if you can afford hre wheels of course it's nice, i can't argue with that one. but especially if you get new ones, you are faced with pretty big hit on the resale. they are not cheap that's for sure (tell me about it). but did i regret my purchase? not a single bit.

iforged is getting up well, so definitely a contender
Old 03-18-05, 04:19 PM
whytry
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah, I like the HRE's but like you said sticker shock...... The I-forged are awersome and are more fitting to my budget!!
Old 03-18-05, 05:13 PM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Red face What The F Happened To The Headlights?

Hey Why Try

What happened to your headlight condensation problem?

You started a thread and got lots of advice and then did not tell us what happened

3dog
Old 03-18-05, 09:48 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by whytry
Yeah, I like the HRE's but like you said sticker shock...... The I-forged are awersome and are more fitting to my budget!!
you don't ever think you will buy them at sticker right?!
Old 03-21-05, 08:49 AM
whytry
Advanced

Definitely not, sticker, no way. The Iforged are the ones for me...

3dog, I am still working on it. I am talking with the General Manager of the dealership now, because of the circumstances... I was told when I bought the car to tell the service department about it and they will take care of it, and the service department tells me the saleman should have told me about it in the 1st place, and that it would not be replaced... I have a couple of things going for me though on this, they did some work on the car that I specifically told them to call me before anything was done, and they did it, and they removed the cell phone hands free kit that was in the car (I asked them to) but I was promised there would be no screw holes in the carpet, and if there is they would replace the carpet for me as part of the car purchase... Well there is 3 screw holes and I am willing to overlook the carpet replacement and apply those man hours and parts cost to the headlights.... I am supposed to find out later this week the outcome
Old 03-21-05, 09:04 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by whytry
I am talking with the General Manager of the dealership now, because of the circumstances... I was told when I bought the car to tell the service department about it and they will take care of it, and the service department tells me the saleman should have told me about it in the 1st place, and that it would not be replaced.
Stick to your guns. A mistake on their part does not constitute a mistake on yours. You bought the car with the understanding that the issues will be taken cared of. As far as you know, there were no exceptions.

I realize honest mistakes happen but they can also use that reasoning as an excuse after the fact to get out of incurring the replacement cost.

Ultimately, it is up to you how much "good will" you want to extend to them and not push the matter.

Good luck.
Old 03-21-05, 09:32 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i agree, they didn't tell you anything about it, period, nuff said, end of discussion. that means it's not in the contract that you signed. so they either fix the problem or give you back the money, easy. i wouldn't settle for anything less.

what if i buy a gs430 from the dealership and when i got the car it has no engine, and they tell me ooops, the sales forgot to tell you that the car doesn't come with an engine?

screw that!
Old 03-21-05, 04:02 PM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry Car problems

You need to talk to the owner or the manager quick. I don't know how many days you have left on your 30 day warrenty. But tell them either fix it or take the car back. Don't leave until they do one or the other. Get it in writing. Don't get stuck with these headlights. They will effect the value of your car in a very negative way.

You could also call Lexus corporate and tell them of the problems you are having with this dealership.

Maybe someone here has that phone number!

Quit being nice. Time is running out.

3dog
Old 03-21-05, 04:15 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl

what if i buy a gs430 from the dealership and when i got the car it has no engine, and they tell me ooops, the sales forgot to tell you that the car doesn't come with an engine?

screw that!
hey henry, how do you drive home with no engine?
Old 03-21-05, 09:08 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by chuckb
hey henry, how do you drive home with no engine?
that's why i am looking for a 430 engine now?
Old 03-22-05, 09:00 AM
whytry
Advanced

I got new headlights!!!!! The GM of the dealership called me direct to tell me he is ordering them and I will have them in 2 or 3 days!!! THen I can drop it off and get them replaced. I am also keeping the old ones too, I told him I want to keep them for piece of mind that mine were actually replaced,l and not 'dired out' like I was told once already.....

Thanks for all the help guys!!!!

Just like everybody said, they should replace them, and they did. It just took a little longer. I know when I mentioned CL, the salesmanager I was originally dealing with to be patient and he will see what he can do, before I mentioned CL he was more like oh well.... Now I get new lights!!!!

Now for my other mods!!! I am hoping to get some wheels soon!!!! 01 tails within a week or so, and by chance where would I get the chrome GS emblems from? I tried Ebay, but all I can find are used GS400's or new GS430's.... I have the gold ones and I do not like them at all.....
Old 03-22-05, 09:25 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

hey congrats on that!!!!!!! glad that your request is fulfilled

now can i have your old headlights?
Old 03-22-05, 09:29 AM
whytry
Advanced

I was waiting for somebody to ask me that, and for some reason your name came to mind. I was thinking I might try to take them apart and take the amber out and maybe paint them black and see how they look. But that is a maybe. Do you have any good news for me?
Old 03-22-05, 11:04 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats. So did he take your "deal" or gave you the new lights, no strings attached?
Old 03-22-05, 11:43 AM
whytry
Advanced

To me the carpet is fine, I can't really tell the difference. They steam cleaned it and it looks great. It was the principle of the issue to me. So I told time don't worry about the carpet, once I was told I am getting new headlights and I get to keep the old ones too!!

I can post up some pics of the carpet, if anybody wants me to, you can't even tell.....

Quick Reply: My 1st real mods