GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Stock Security system vs AfterMarket

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-05, 04:19 PM
Dsmart
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Security system vs AfterMarket

I am not familar with the stock security system on the gs, like auto fuel shutoff etc. I bought the l-sportline wheels and spending money fixing the car up. If I get an aftermarket alarm I could put a tilt sensor etc in there and some other things. Is the secuirty system itself good enough or do you recommend upgrading it to another after market one and if so which one is good and or which
"parts" of the security system do you recommend putting on.
Old 03-21-05, 09:07 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

to me the stock one is good as a system, EXCEPT that it's a passive system. that's why i got the shock sensor from lmw and that completes it. i think my car is pretty good as is now. if someone wanna take it, they will....
Old 03-21-05, 09:13 PM
Dsmart
Pole Position

Default sensors

how do you get the shock sensor to work with the stock one? what I wanted to do is put the 19" 5K set of l sport line wheels and I don't want them stolen at all. I ordered the macguard nuts from double woosh but not sure if that is enough.
Old 03-21-05, 09:38 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Dsmart
how do you get the shock sensor to work with the stock one? what I wanted to do is put the 19" 5K set of l sport line wheels and I don't want them stolen at all. I ordered the macguard nuts from double woosh but not sure if that is enough.
that's a special shock sensor from luxury motorworks that work with the stock system. you can contact them for info

oh and don't worry, i have a set of 20s hre on my car too, so i know security
Old 03-22-05, 12:23 AM
flashbang
Driver

The difference between after market and factory alarm is just the shock sensor you could go to any shop and tell them to add that in.Shock sensor are like $5 to $10 dollars I think, your money is really on labor cost. Got mines done for $40 dollars but the installer ask for $25 dollars , gave him more .It depends who you know, I think if you pay 50 to 80 thats fair. Thats my opinion only.
Old 03-22-05, 01:49 AM
LB Lex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by flashbang
The difference between after market and factory alarm is just the shock sensor you could go to any shop and tell them to add that in.Shock sensor are like $5 to $10 dollars I think, your money is really on labor cost. Got mines done for $40 dollars but the installer ask for $25 dollars , gave him more .It depends who you know, I think if you pay 50 to 80 thats fair. Thats my opinion only.
Can any alarm installer do this or do they have to be knowledgeable about Lexus electronics? I'm thinking about the Luxurymotorworks add-in shock sensor (http://www.luxurymotorworks.com/sense_o_shock_alarm.php), which costs $150 and requires no cutting of wires. Maybe I should just have an alarm shop do this according to what you had done.
Old 03-22-05, 04:54 AM
NesTea420
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LB Lex
Can any alarm installer do this or do they have to be knowledgeable about Lexus electronics? I'm thinking about the Luxurymotorworks add-in shock sensor (http://www.luxurymotorworks.com/sense_o_shock_alarm.php), which costs $150 and requires no cutting of wires. Maybe I should just have an alarm shop do this according to what you had done.
I wish I knew about this before...I spent $350 on a aftermarket...i now have both my factory and aftermarket on my car.