GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Highest hp on GS300? Any 300+ ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-01, 11:07 PM
Just4Kix

Question

I just had a question for everyone (especially the GS300 owners) . What is the highest horse powered GS300 you have ever seen ? If you have a GS300 and have added after market parts can you please list them and list how much they add around ? How much did it lower your 0-60 ? etc. I want to try to get as high as I can WITHOUT turbo or super-charging (at least for right now )

I'm thinking of adding a new intake and new exhaust to start . What are you guys' experience with this ? How much can I expect ? Sorry if these seem like dumb questions . I'm a newbie to the whole after market side of automobiles .

Thanks for all your help .
The following users liked this post:
Makmilly (09-12-23)
Old 06-04-01, 11:19 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Just4Kix
I just had a question for everyone (especially the GS300 owners) . What is the highest horse powered GS300 you have ever seen ? If you have a GS300 and have added after market parts can you please list them and list how much they add around ? How much did it lower your 0-60 ? etc. I want to try to get as high as I can WITHOUT turbo or super-charging (at least for right now )

I'm thinking of adding a new intake and new exhaust to start . What are you guys' experience with this ? How much can I expect ? Sorry if these seem like dumb questions . I'm a newbie to the whole after market side of automobiles .

Thanks for all your help .

I say

Get a good exhaust and SRT intake. That should get you about 30hp (or pretty close, or maybe more) at the wheels.

You can get Torque Convertor for more strait line performance.

Basically without forced induction like turbo or SC, that's about it. Maybe you can get an AFC but won't help much.
Old 06-05-01, 03:07 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You could also get unorthadox cam gears, and you could try something none of us have ever tried, a new ignition, on a stock civic a jacob's ignition will give you about 20HP so probobly around 25HP for a 3.0L engine. Here are some estimated numbers (flywheel HP):

Loud Cat Back Exhaust - 10HP
Quiet Rear Section Mufflers - 5-6HP
SRT Intake - 22HP
Unorthadox Cam Gears - 5-10HP (depending on other mods you have)
Jacobs or MSD ignition - 20-30HP
Torque Converter - Launching power but no flywheel HP, about .8 off your 0-60
Old 06-05-01, 04:19 PM
Just4Kix

Thanks for the great ideas guys ... this helps ALOT . Kinda disappointed though ... where are all the GS300 owners ? None of you have tweaked your car ? There has to be some GS300 owners out there that have done some speed enhancing mods on their cars !!!!
The following users liked this post:
Makmilly (09-12-23)
Old 06-05-01, 04:23 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

I have an exhaust sytem, so does globeCLK, hes got a pretty fast GS300

the fastest GS300 is probobly V300's car... i think...

but he has a turbo in there.

so the fastest NA GS300 is probobly GlobeCLK... esspecially when he gets SRT intake, right Globe?
Old 06-05-01, 05:43 PM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just4kix, that's what it is, speed costs money~ basically 75 hp is quite a lot for just enhancing. v300's car is very fast.... 0-60 under 4.5 i think.. globeclk has RMM so his ride is okay ^o^ ( yeah globe go get SRT) I have 20''s so i am slower = P

get a turbo or SC...... I would recommand Turbo tho.
Old 06-05-01, 08:33 PM
1niceride
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well this is what i am planning to do to my car within 2 months. Order the SRT Hfi/ecu . Order the TC whenever it comes out . That should take care of my power needs until the SC comes out.

On the handling side. Waiting on the next shipment of TRD sways and chassis brace to come in from Steve. And also order coil overs. Either Tom's advox or Tein CS.

I was going to get some rims but decided to do all of this instead. Plus my car will look stock keeping in line with my sleeper look except for the Greddy's roaring out.
Old 06-05-01, 10:10 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by LexusRules
I have an exhaust sytem, so does globeCLK, hes got a pretty fast GS300

the fastest GS300 is probobly V300's car... i think...

but he has a turbo in there.

so the fastest NA GS300 is probobly GlobeCLK... esspecially when he gets SRT intake, right Globe?
My GS3? It's pretty damn slow at low ends I gotta say! (slower than Wei's heavy @$$ 20s!!!) And RMM intake you guys are right I don't think it's comparible to the SRT. Freeways it's pretty fast, 100 and still climbs!! I guess that N1 really killed my low-end and increased my high end (that's what it's designed for) and I don't have any heavy wheels, so I guess it's pretty fast compared to a stock GS3. (That's all I can say... don't want to make any wrong assumptions)

V300's car must be fast....... another guy from ToySport has an engine swap too.

Sorry to disappoint you Sasha but when I'm done with my rims and kit I'm going turbo (Com'mon Eric when is your kit going to be completed?) Guess no more N/A tune for me. (If that's what I wanted I would have gotten a S2000)
Old 06-06-01, 07:24 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

i agree ray i don't think the 2JZ-GE is a very good N/A motor to tune, thats why I also will be going turbo....

but how is your car slowing than wei's car? (no offence wei) but he has 20s, and a body kit! heh, i guess his L-sportline exhaust is the best at low end...? 10 bucks my GS gets whooped under 40MPH to you guys, and over too...
Old 06-06-01, 10:28 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by LexusRules

but how is your car slowing than wei's car? (no offence wei) but he has 20s, and a body kit! heh, i guess his L-sportline exhaust is the best at low end...? 10 bucks my GS gets whooped under 40MPH to you guys, and over too...
It's just that my exhaust wasn't designed for the GS. Since they didn't have dual N1s for the GS (All they got is a single cat-back system for the Aristo) I had to get universal N1s and have the shop make the muffler pipes that looks like the Blitz NURspecs so they'll bolt on and off. Since it's not designed for my car, there's too much back-pressure lost (V300 told me to be aware of this like a year ago but it's too late).

Anyways I guess Wei has better launches than me. I rarely race people off the line, usually only high-speed freeways (80mph+ and going) that's because my daily commute to school I get on the 73 freeway which is usually empty. I don't think the L-Sportline exhaust is that well designed for performance, maybe it looks nice but it's definitely not a tuner exhaust. Although my N1s KILL my low-end I believe my high-end is faster than before.

Keeping your car free of excess heavy stuff will also help. 20inch rims are TOO HEAVY (sorry Wei have to bring it up ). A subwoofer box will hurt too. Bodykits can improbe aerodynamics but there's only limited effectiveness. But go with what you want man. Haha If you just want speed then get a Supra. A nice luxury performance sedan is what the GS is all about!!