GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

UGO or carson toyota roof spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-05, 01:51 AM
Dsmart
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UGO or carson toyota roof spoiler

This one is carson's
http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=381
I kind of like that one
This one is the UGO
http://store1.yimg.com/I/lexusparts_1822_37208788
doesn't look all that good or do I have the right piece?

Which one looks the best on a BLACK car
Old 03-24-05, 02:06 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The "Carson" one is the Artisan Spirit roof spoiler. Carson does not have their own roof spoiler.

The other one looks like the UGO, but the CF version. UGO, however, is discontinues. The company in Japan is not making anymore.
Old 03-24-05, 07:28 AM
Dsmart
Pole Position

There is a website that still has that one though, so that is why I added it, to me it looks bad looks like a strip of tape, no overlap at all
Old 03-24-05, 09:25 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

it's the angle of the ugo. it sticks out

but yeah, as far as iknow ugo is gone. i would be surprsied if someone still has stock of the legit ones
Old 03-24-05, 12:48 PM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Dsmart
There is a website that still has that one though, so that is why I added it, to me it looks bad looks like a strip of tape, no overlap at all
If you havent seen the real UGO roof spoiler in person. I would suggest you not to judge it. The UGO is a hard to find piece and as many has mentioned it has been discontinued. To me the UGO roof spoiler fits 100% perfect and is the most far agressive looking one, unlike the way you described it above "looks like a strip of tape".

Tommy
Old 03-24-05, 12:54 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus GS3
If you havent seen the real UGO roof spoiler in person. I would suggest you not to judge it. The UGO is a hard to find piece and as many has mentioned it has been discontinued. To me the UGO roof spoiler fits 100% perfect and is the most far agressive looking one, unlike the way you described it above "looks like a strip of tape".

Tommy
i guess someone has a UGo spoiler lol

i have one too

i like the one from Carson if you can afford it ........just add to your list $$$$
Old 03-24-05, 04:15 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you really like the carson one then get it, because the UGO spoiler will be hard to find
Old 03-24-05, 06:10 PM
Dsmart
Pole Position

Default site with ugo spolier

http://www.myautofashion.com/lexus.html (have to hunt for it or do a search in yahoo)
that is how I found the picture and it is on there for sale but it is the carbon fiber one. I think. I like the other myself anyone find the carson one looking bad?
Old 03-24-05, 06:29 PM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dsmart
http://www.myautofashion.com/lexus.html (have to hunt for it or do a search in yahoo)
that is how I found the picture and it is on there for sale but it is the carbon fiber one. I think. I like the other myself anyone find the carson one looking bad?

The one on that site isnt even for a GS its for an IS300. You wont find a new UGO for the GS anywhere.
Old 03-24-05, 09:43 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by GammaLex
The one on that site isnt even for a GS its for an IS300. You wont find a new UGO for the GS anywhere.
yeah i couldn't see one for the gs?

and the one for the is3 it's just a knock off. ugo ONLY made a cf version roof spoiler for the altezza, very very expensive. someone in the US bought it and made knock off on it, and is selling tons of them --

and the one on carson's site is NOT carson!!!! carson doesn't make a roof spoiler for our cars
Old 05-16-05, 08:48 PM
BA_GS400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

uhhh, I get a "product not found" on that first link for the "carson/artisan" roof spoiler.
I really wanted to see it.
I'm ready to buy a roof spoiler right now dangit! Wasn't someone going to offer up theirs so that a mold could be made up?

What do you guys think of the KAZZ roof spoiler, I thought it looked pretty good, a touch pricey though for a roof spoiler. (even IF others on on there for $400 - $500!!!)

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=1562
Old 05-16-05, 08:51 PM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

The Carson now = UGO. Steve contracted the factory in Japan to make a limited run for the UGOs as Carson tuned. Im sure many already know this but just getting out to clear the confusion.
Old 05-16-05, 10:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by GammaLex
The Carson now = UGO. Steve contracted the factory in Japan to make a limited run for the UGOs as Carson tuned. Im sure many already know this but just getting out to clear the confusion.
there is a thread in the vendor forum about it
Old 05-17-05, 01:33 PM
BA_GS400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks romini, I just saw it.

Looks like I missed the GB by a few weeks. ya know, I've been ready for a good roof spoiler for about a year now as my posts can attest. I wish I had known about this GB sooner.
The last I had heard, it was all an idea, without any meat to it yet.

I'm sure I'm biased, but, let's just say that more people would probably participate in the GB's if there was an easier way to stay on top of them. (anyone who answers "just go to the forum and look" is being short-sighted.

Oh well, I'll find something.
Old 05-17-05, 05:42 PM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Can someone post a pic of the UGO Roof Spoiler. How is it it different from the other?

Quick Reply: UGO or carson toyota roof spoiler