GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Anyone have pictures of the Greddy or HKS exhaust installed??

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-01, 12:43 PM
HKSpowerGS4
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MikeGS4PE.

Thanks for the compliment. I went with the Ex design becuase of the gun metal color face. Im not too sure what you mean by "if my HKS setup stock", but suspension wise, my HKS Hiper Dampers coilovers are as they come out of the box. I just lowered the back a couple of turns but thats about it.

GlobeCLK,

My current GS is a GS300. The one silver one in the picture was my 2000 GS400. I changed my signature to reflect the change, but I guess now I need to change my screen name. As for the TRD bar, I havent gotten a chance to work on getting it to fit on the GS300. I have an idea in my head and will try it soon. I will let you know when I do.
Old 06-07-01, 03:49 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by HKSpowerGS4

GlobeCLK,

My current GS is a GS300. The one silver one in the picture was my 2000 GS400. I changed my signature to reflect the change, but I guess now I need to change my screen name. As for the TRD bar, I havent gotten a chance to work on getting it to fit on the GS300. I have an idea in my head and will try it soon. I will let you know when I do.
If you got it working be sure you tell all of us fellow GS3 owners!! We would love to have a TRD bar too!
Old 06-07-01, 10:10 PM
dru
Driver

HKSGS4,

Just out of curiousity, why did you get rid of the GS400 to go w/ a GS300? And, what are your plans for your new car? Thanks.
Old 06-07-01, 10:37 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Default If I were to guess...

If I were to guess...HKS is coming out with a turbo kit for the GS300?

Hmmm...William?

Did I hit the jackpot????

Brent
Old 06-08-01, 12:26 AM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

BLiu:

Just wanted to tell you that your GS looks really slick. Before when you had that other pic in your signature, I wasn't too crazy about it, it just looked like a moded GS. But now, I guess from the rear and side, it looks fabulous. Your wheels are neat and your rear spoiler is slick too !
Old 06-08-01, 01:27 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

BLiu:

You nailed it on choosing the pic for the signature. This particular angle is the best shot for that Revolution Spoiler I know because it looks the best when I take pics of the rear from this angle too.

Nice rims too. Evil car!:eek:
Old 06-08-01, 06:55 AM
TrueBoozer
Driver School Candidate

Default private message

BLiu:
Check you private message.
Old 06-08-01, 10:20 AM
HKSpowerGS4
Driver

Dru & BLiu:

I am going with the GS300 now mainly because I wanted a 2jZ motor. I am very familiar with the 2Jz-gte that was in my supra and know the potential that lies in them. I know that the 2jz-ge has a few limitations compared the its GT counterpart, but overall its still a stout and flexible powerplant. Brent is basically right as in I am planning to turbocharge the GS300 with HKS components. As in a HKS turbo kit, we shall see how things go. The aim is to offer a turbo kit for the GS300 and IS300. Its not something that will be out really soon, but its something that has been started and I hope to speed up the process with my car.
Old 06-08-01, 03:37 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by nanotech
BLiu:

Just wanted to tell you that your GS looks really slick. Before when you had that other pic in your signature, I wasn't too crazy about it, it just looked like a moded GS. But now, I guess from the rear and side, it looks fabulous. Your wheels are neat and your rear spoiler is slick too !
Thanks for the compliment Nanotech!

The other sig did not have H&R Springs, Rear wing, and exhaust so I guess the mods made an improvement!

GlobeCLK:
Thanks and props to you for the sig work too! Study HARD and good luck!!!

Brent

Last edited by BLiu; 06-08-01 at 03:43 PM.
Old 06-08-01, 05:17 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: My Greddy Custom exhaust...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BLiu
This is my Greddy with custom modified tips (because the tips were too big for my taste) and raised closer to the body to avoid scraping because car is lowered... [/QUOTE

BLiu, did you raise the canisters closer to the underbody? Or just the tips? Ive found that with the Greddy Ive never had any problem with the tips being too low, just the mufflers themselves. Looks good the way you did it!... Thanks, Tiny
Old 06-09-01, 02:03 AM
MikeGS4PE
Lexus Test Driver

HKSpowerGS4- What I meant by stock was your exhaust sorry. Just that most of the guys were saying how they modified theirs to acheive a better look. So did you modify yours? I like yours the best... Praying it is "as is". Which model HKS is it too...Thanks

~Mike~
Old 06-09-01, 07:47 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,462 Likes on 1,615 Posts

Originally posted by GlobeCLK
HKSpowerGS4:

Is your car a GS3 or GS4? If GS3, how did you manage to have the TRD strut bar on? Spacers?
It says 'lower brace' (i.e., the chassis brace not the strut tower one) in his signature. Maybe that's it.

Old 06-09-01, 01:22 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: Re: My Greddy Custom exhaust...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tinygs
Originally posted by BLiu
This is my Greddy with custom modified tips (because the tips were too big for my taste) and raised closer to the body to avoid scraping because car is lowered... [/QUOTE

BLiu, did you raise the canisters closer to the underbody? Or just the tips? Ive found that with the Greddy Ive never had any problem with the tips being too low, just the mufflers themselves. Looks good the way you did it!... Thanks, Tiny
Tiny,

I did two things:
1) I modified the tips to be 3.5" straight from the muffler end. I like the straight through look over the way Greddy did it (3" exploding to 5"). HKS was my first choice but there is a long wait for them.
2) I raised the muffler canisters by redoing the piping from the muffler to the flange that connects to the H-Pipe. Your right, it was the canisters that were scraping and since I was planning to lower the car so I knew that it was going to be even more annoying. They were hanging way too low...As for cutting the piping, I had no problem with it since it still looks clean and performance degradation is too little for me to tell.

The best thing would be if Greddy just offered the muffler alone and then I would have had a custom exhaust system done. The mufflers are what sound awesome and I like the most along with the H-pipe.

Brent
Old 06-09-01, 02:30 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by bitkahuna

It says 'lower brace' (i.e., the chassis brace not the strut tower one) in his signature. Maybe that's it.

it says:

//'98 GS300 (S300)/ Blue-Charcoal / HID-NAV-17" / HKS Hiper Exhaust-Hiper Damper Coilovers / TRD Strut Bar - Lower Brace / JDM Black Woodtrim / 19" Gun Metal Enkei Phalenx*Nitto NT555/ RMM Kit*L-Sportline Grill- Roof Spoiler*WIN Racing Spoiler /

so I assume he has both. And he said he had the 400 which the strut bar was on before
Old 06-09-01, 03:22 PM
disc108
Lead Lap

does changing the tips modify the sound characteristic @ all?

Quick Reply: Anyone have pictures of the Greddy or HKS exhaust installed??