GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Check This Stuff Out!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-01, 09:12 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oh thanks Ray for posting that Link, i wonder if there is a Celsior one like that?
Old 06-07-01, 09:22 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by LexusRules
haha, yea my favorite is Lexus Aristo, a mixture of the two, i guess its like in the summer you want the winter because of snowboarding and because its too hot and in the winter you want the summer because its cold, and in the spring when the temperature is good you want it to be sunny because its too wet, but when its too sunny (some people not me) complain its too hot and the sun is too bright, i dunno maybe its just us canadians, eh 2SAVY?
Sasha,

Yeah we Canucks complain too much but to be honest I think we live in the best country in the world.. Don't get me wrong I love the US and most of my business comes from the States but everytime I go away and come home I learn to appreciate how good we have it here.. But getting back on the subject at hand.. Why can't we get a V300 since we can't get Nav up here I think that would be a cool tradeoff don't ya think, eh?
Old 06-07-01, 10:55 PM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The whole center console on that Aristo is better! Different color, more detailed, and what kind of a silver stereo was that on the second pic?

I wanna keep my GS simply a GS, but would like the more detailed and blue versions of the interior controls.

Also, what are all those "other" gauges used for? Is it only for looks?

P.S. There are ways of translating webpages that are in different languages in english, but the translation is done word-for-word. Therefore, its hard to get a sense of direction while reading the translated page, but its better than not being able to read at all !

You can search the net for such features, I think the google search engine (google.com) automatically translates if the text is not in english.
Old 06-08-01, 12:37 AM
davezaristo
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Globeclk:

I meant that it won't work if you were trying to swap the whole japanese unit out and pop it in the GS. I've tried it before on my 240sx (swapping out the silvia S14 digital climate control and replace the analog one in my 240). In regards the cathode ray, it's definitely doable if you are gonna risk it by opening up the unit. It's basically the same tech as my nokia 8290...i got all my light replaced from green to bluish...

Dave
Old 06-08-01, 05:17 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2SAVVY - i definatly agree with you, we got it good here, but we'd have it even better with a V300, and why don't we have nav??

davezaristo - i'd love to make my phone blue light not green light, how could i do that?
Old 06-08-01, 10:34 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

edogg:

I don't know. There must be!

nanotech:

The silver stereo i believe is a new Pioneer head unit in Japan now, RS-K1X. It's EXTREMELY popular, I guess the quality is the best and it looks dope too.

as for the other gauges: the 3 gauges at the ashtray: Apexi Oil pressure, Apexi Oil temperature, Apexi Water temperature. Under the 3 meters, Blitz D-SBC Boost Controller, Blitz MSTT Turbo Timer. On the driver A/C vent: Apexi Boost Meter.

They're not for looks only. In a turbo car all these are CRITICAL.

I've heard about the translator and tried it once but the English is NOT EVEN in the correct order. You can get a sense of what they're saying but it's impossible to understand the whole thing.

davezaristo:

ok I see what you mean. Taking the center console apart is probably many times harder than taking apart a 8290. Too much IC related with the faceplate of the audio and a/c controls, I've seen it when I tried to take my NAV off.

Sasha:

just to make you drool, I have hyperwhites on my phone :eek:
Attached Thumbnails Check This Stuff Out!-my-8890-1-small.jpg