GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

First step in 2005 facelift complete! (updated with second step pics, WIN Front&Side)

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-05, 02:34 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love this car lookin good Dave
Old 03-31-05, 03:28 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dave looks nice

i hear ya on the "schnoz"

but i have to say the fitment your guys did is perfect

real nice paint work too ..looks like they took their time

you should do well in HIN this year
Old 03-31-05, 03:59 AM
R.U. IN AW?
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Hoody!

[QUOTE=DaveGS4]Step one in my 2005 GS facelift is complete! Finally got the Veilside hood I bought here in the CL classifieds painted and on my car. FIttment of the hood is very good now, but the bolt holes on it were totally stripped out and the bodyshop had to do several hours of work to secure the hood on. This sucker is LIGHT compared to stock and I noticed a slight bit of shake right at the cowl in front of the windshield at speeds over 70mph (other VS hood owners please chip in if that is normal).

Dave,

First welcome to the VS(hood) Club. Car is really looking good. That "schnoz" or nose piece, well you'll get use to that. Actually sets it apart, but I'm just being biased. As far as the shake, do you notice it when you're behind a vehicle? That's when I notice mine, but when I'm on the road by myself, I don't get that shake. I'm trying to get some mesh as well, and you're absolutely correct, at the right angle you can see the hood latch.....the mesh will take care of that. If you find some before I do, PM me with the info if you don't mind and I'll do the same. Anyways, car is looking really nice keep up the good work.....talk with you soon.

-Joe
Old 03-31-05, 05:01 AM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

hehe DAVE .. .
welcome to the VS hood/grill club..
looks really good.. of course i like it!!
i found some mesh yesterday from HOME DEPOT for my grill.
Old 03-31-05, 05:11 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 314 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by Neo
Nice job Dave. That "shnoz" is the only part I dislike too.
Same here Dave.

It looks very nice straight on, but from the side it will take some getting used to! I do however like the fact that it makes the hood more "contoured" from either the side or front views.

I have a question unrelated to your thread - looking at this pic, is it just me or does your car appear to have quite a bit of gap between the fender and tire?

Old 03-31-05, 05:33 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Dave the new hood and grille look awesome. Glad to get some new pics of your car, Ilove it but there are never enough pics of it. So classy looking no one would ever know what a beast it is.
Old 03-31-05, 06:24 AM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

Dave, top shelf as usual. I like it alot!!
Old 03-31-05, 06:33 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,280 Likes on 1,386 Posts

Thanks guys. I totally agree about black onyx working for the hood (and other kits) when it doesn't for other colors and I actually was counting on that effect. The shnoz is a lot less pronounced than it is on other cars and I don't really notice as much it in person, just in pictures.

Joe - hmmm, don't know if I was behind anyone or not. I'll pay attention next time I drive it. Don't think I was, but if the day is nice maybe I'll go out for a spin and tape it.

Eric - thanks for the mesh ideas, I'll check 'em out!

Originally Posted by Hameed
I have a question unrelated to your thread - looking at this pic, is it just me or does your car appear to have quite a bit of gap between the fender and tire?
WIth the trunk setup bigger (aka heavier) now, the back definitely is a little lower than the front, but the pics are always deceiving on the gap up front... I can't get a finger between the front fender and the top of my tire, despite the way it looks in pictures from some angle. I've got it dropped almost all the way down on the Bilstein coilovers (1 thread left) all around. Honestly, I don't like the way the cars look when they are too slammed... not practical. I'd rather have a little room and be more driveable. Even as it is when I'm at speed on the highway and I hit a decent sized drop/dip on a bridge I'll get some rubbing up front on the fender liner.
Old 03-31-05, 07:08 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Those headlight's look great But man $1700 a set Hey it's only money you can't take it with you. LOL Car is sharp
Old 03-31-05, 07:09 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

I feel the same way about the wheel gap. If it is slammed it isnt practical while normal driving. I would rather have a almost 1 finger gap and not have to worry about driving. I think the height looks perfect Do you have the 14" brembo bbk?
Old 03-31-05, 07:11 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LEXUS_KID
Those headlight's look great But man $1700 a set Hey it's only money you can't take it with you. LOL Car is sharp
$1700? I hope that is the price from the stealership. I am hoping to pick up a set of these soon and dont want to spend that much. Will I be SOL?
Old 03-31-05, 07:20 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
Do you have the 14" brembo bbk?
Yes he does.
Old 03-31-05, 07:26 AM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

hey dave what neighborhood is that, is it radclift, spelt something like that off harris?
Old 03-31-05, 07:32 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,280 Likes on 1,386 Posts

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
$1700? I hope that is the price from the stealership. I am hoping to pick up a set of these soon and dont want to spend that much. Will I be SOL?
Yes you are SOL. You can get them cheaper than that from Steve / Carson Toyota, but they are still quite pricy. A cheaper alternative is the black chrome headlights that look almost as good and are much less expensive. I didn't know about them when I bought mine, or I would have gone that direction. Do a search on titanium black chrome headlight and you'll find the thread talking about them.

Originally Posted by AJL0365
hey dave what neighborhood is that, is it radclift, spelt something like that off harris?
Yes I'm very near Radcliffe
Old 03-31-05, 07:38 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

The sportdesign titinium colored headlight mod is lost on me.............. I cannot tell the difference between this and the OEM ones....................

I think old age is setting in and my eye sight is getting worse than it already is.

Quick Reply: First step in 2005 facelift complete! (updated with second step pics, WIN Front&Side)