GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

one quick shot

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-05, 11:25 AM
R.U. IN AW?
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bluelex
J i'm amazed that you go and step up and actually buy a supercharger that some talked about yet you DID it and are installing it yourself and get a JDM front bumper that almost noone has and install it yourself and you get questions about your grill not being perfect or the placement of the intercooler not being low enough. i really wish people would focus on the good of what your doing, which is making major moves instead of bringing up off topic issues. congrats again to you for actually buying the set up and bumper. i think it looks really good..

Adrian,

You know that's human nature to look for the bad instead of the good!

-Joe
Old 04-01-05, 12:31 PM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Looks GREAT and I'm sure it drives GREAT.

Johnny let me take the car for a spin pre-Supercharger and I thought it was QUICK!

Now its a FREAKING BEAST!!!

Congrats Johnny.

Ted
Old 04-01-05, 12:47 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

J i'm amazed that you go and step up and actually buy a supercharger that some talked about yet you DID it and are installing it yourself and get a JDM front bumper that almost noone has and install it yourself and you get questions about your grill not being perfect or the placement of the intercooler not being low enough. i really wish people would focus on the good of what your doing, which is making major moves instead of bringing up off topic issues. congrats again to you for actually buying the set up and bumper. i think it looks really good..

adrian you know whats even funnier

is that i know ive posted pictures of this car before and not one person ever said

the grill looked bad ....

but what can you do i know its human nature like Joe says

oh and Joe **wink wink nudge nudge knowhat i mean*** lol

but i do appreciate all the comments postive and negative

id rather hear the truth then have 100 people tell me it looks good and then behind the scenes be like that ***** is ugly lol ....and lets not pretend like that doesnt happen ladies lolloolololol

adrian if it wasnt for googling Lexus and coming across this CL and seeing your car for the first time ...i would have never have tried to do the things im trying to do

***what ..there's something on my nose ????****
Old 04-01-05, 12:48 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ted920
Looks GREAT and I'm sure it drives GREAT.

Johnny let me take the car for a spin pre-Supercharger and I thought it was QUICK!

Now its a FREAKING BEAST!!!

Congrats Johnny.

Ted
Yeah Ted you let me know we''ll meet up and ill give you the keys again lol

thanks ,man

when are you going to sell me your ICE setup lol
Old 04-01-05, 12:49 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
Not really man, just some minor detail stuff. The lions share of our 'mods' are going towards website updates, communications solutions, relocation, etc etc. The car just sits there under the cover honestly. I drove it for the first time in months the other day, I forgot how much I love that car! LOL

I now live vicariously through people like yourself, bluelex, lexis11, jtanoyo, and others. You guys are taking big risks and making big steps (DIY FI, complete custom/oem interior swaps, custom ICE, sick suspension mods, insane offsets, etc). Its really good to see people striving to "elevate the plateau" for GS modding (in the same vein as past guys like 'Pimp, RMM, Banana's, etc). I know you guys take alot of flack, and detail nit picking, but trust me there are lots of guys (like myself) that appreciate the fact that you are DOing, as opposed to TALKing.

I know its a little harder to step out there
thanks derrick

ill see you at the meet next month or possibly at HIN in boston ...if you are going
Old 04-01-05, 01:05 PM
amwendwa
Rookie

Just outsanding! This may be off topic, but how do you guys keep them looking so clean (pain chip free). My GS3 is riddled with pain chips, you would think the car was in Iraq looking for WMDs.
Old 04-01-05, 01:18 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by amwendwa
Just outsanding! This may be off topic, but how do you guys keep them looking so clean (pain chip free). My GS3 is riddled with pain chips, you would think the car was in Iraq looking for WMDs.

well some people use xpel or some sort of clear bra

i have some paint chips but i use the touch-up paint

and thanks you for the compliment
Old 04-01-05, 02:19 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by lexforlife
johnny

tell me , how is the fit on the wise front.. everything line up okay

on the s/c , did you connect the emanage but did not tune it yet or are you only running around with stock ecu

how does it feel now , what does 1 to 2 to 3 feel like under boost

Ed the fitment is really good .. considering this and the stock front bumper are the only ones i can comment on

the e-manage is in and is up and running but not tuned ...just the stock settings

Now what does 123 feel like under boost

what do you think it would feel like ..got that feeling ...ok now multiply it by 100x lol

im still learning/getting used to the new power ...mind you i dont have any LSD so im having a s much as i can while still being safe

if you ever decide to pull the trigger ...you must invest in HKS BOV ...nothing is cooler than that sound
Old 04-01-05, 02:37 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 314 Likes on 192 Posts

Hey Johnny, I haven't been much on here lately and I missed this major mod of yours till now!

Whoa!!!! Congratulations!!!!

The georgeous blue beast has graduated from Ph. D class and is now a monster!!!! Very nice! I need to go for a ride in your car as well as Dave's car this August and feel that SC rush!!!!

Guys like you give me hope that one day, my car will be slightly better than stock!
Old 04-01-05, 02:46 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by T.L.W.
Ed the fitment is really good .. considering this and the stock front bumper are the only ones i can comment on
So no modification needed to the crash bar?
Old 04-01-05, 03:43 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Neo
So no modification needed to the crash bar?
what crash bar ??

lol

well because Mahdavi mounted the BOV in a certain spot ...i cant use the crash bar unless i cut off some of it

but such is life
Old 04-01-05, 04:24 PM
phunkyGS
Lead Lap

Adrian...after rereading all the posts, I don't think anyone was really negative, bro. I just think that some of us were offering up opinions on the start of Johnny's amazing transformation. As I stated in my post, I really like the one slat grills, but my honest opinion is that an open grill might be better suited for his very sick Wise bumper. As far as the placement of the intercooler, I don't think anyone was trying to diminish Johnny's vision and efforts, just voicing what may look a little better, which he seemed to be aware of already. I hope you don't take offense to what I just wrote, bro...I just don't think the opinions expressed were intended to disparage what he has done.

Johnny...like I said before, your car looks sick with the new additions. Mad props for the DIY, too. Like Jon's car, I can't wait for the next round, as we all know you've got a lot more in store for us.

Jeff
Old 04-01-05, 05:05 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by phunkyGS
Adrian...after rereading all the posts, I don't think anyone was really negative, bro. I just think that some of us were offering up opinions on the start of Johnny's amazing transformation. As I stated in my post, I really like the one slat grills, but my honest opinion is that an open grill might be better suited for his very sick Wise bumper. As far as the placement of the intercooler, I don't think anyone was trying to diminish Johnny's vision and efforts, just voicing what may look a little better, which he seemed to be aware of already. I hope you don't take offense to what I just wrote, bro...I just don't think the opinions expressed were intended to disparage what he has done.

Johnny...like I said before, your car looks sick with the new additions. Mad props for the DIY, too. Like Jon's car, I can't wait for the next round, as we all know you've got a lot more in store for us.

Jeff
Yeah its cool Jeff no worries

well now believe it or not i have to take it all apart

getting somethings chromed timing belt cover IC piping etc

plus i got the FMIC to sit lower ..something i wanted to do anyway

not sure if ill be ready by april 9th now but what can you do ..i rushed once and made a big mistake ..im trying tyo learn from my mistakes
Old 04-01-05, 05:06 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hameed
Hey Johnny, I haven't been much on here lately and I missed this major mod of yours till now!

Whoa!!!! Congratulations!!!!

The georgeous blue beast has graduated from Ph. D class and is now a monster!!!! Very nice! I need to go for a ride in your car as well as Dave's car this August and feel that SC rush!!!!

Guys like you give me hope that one day, my car will be slightly better than stock!
Thanks Hameed

let me know ill give you keys

hmmm Dave we might have to race lol j/k
Old 04-01-05, 05:14 PM
Dr.G
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by phunkyGS

Jeff
Not actually calling you stupid Jeff , just agreeing 100% with your statement- well said.....

Last edited by Dr.G; 04-01-05 at 05:17 PM.

Quick Reply: one quick shot