GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

L-tuned S/S 18" SSR GT3 Bright Satin

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-05, 12:50 PM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default L-tuned S/S 18" SSR GT3 Bright Satin

Finally here are some pics I've just taken of my car. Sorry about the dirt but I haven't washed the car in a couple of days and just got back from a roundtrip to Half Moon Bay (280 mi.) What's the consensus? It's really crying out for a spoiler don't ya think?
Attached Thumbnails L-tuned S/S 18" SSR GT3 Bright Satin-mvc-011s.jpg  
Old 04-02-05, 12:52 PM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DetMich1
Finally here are some pics I've just taken of my car. Sorry about the dirt but I haven't washed the car in a couple of days and just got back from a roundtrip to Half Moon Bay (280 mi.) What's the consensus? It's really crying out for a spoiler don't ya think?
second view
Attached Thumbnails L-tuned S/S 18" SSR GT3 Bright Satin-mvc-009s.jpg  
Old 04-02-05, 12:54 PM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

third view
anyone know how to post more than one image in a single reply?
Attached Thumbnails L-tuned S/S 18" SSR GT3 Bright Satin-mvc-010s.jpg  
Old 04-02-05, 01:55 PM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

i like... i think a SD spoiler lip would give ur car a sporty but subtle butt lift.
Old 04-02-05, 02:08 PM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by joshoowa
i like... i think a SD spoiler lip would give ur car a sporty but subtle butt lift.
Yeah, I know something is missing. The SSR's change the character of the car such that the flair of a rear spoiler is really called for. Also think I might like the look of the TTE lip added to the front.
Old 04-02-05, 02:12 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks really great. That drop is perfect with those wheels. I think a subtle spoiler and tte lip would look great. I agree that the SD spoiler would look ok, only that maybe it is too subtle. But I dont know what other subtle spoilers are out there Anyway its lookin good. Any other future mods in store?
Old 04-02-05, 02:28 PM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
Any other future mods in store?
Thanks for the vote of confidence. As for future mods, in addition to what I have already done, I am getting wood/leather steering wheel from American Stitches. OBX clear front side markers are on the way as are 2001+ taillights. I like the look of the wooden ashtray, chrome shift bezel and 2001+ instrument cluster surround so those are all on the to do list as well. Plan to change out the high beams to get a better match with the HIDs color wise. A Tom's LCB in the rear should just about finish out the suspension mods. Have started doing my research on improving the sound quality of the audio while maintaining the stock appearance by retaining the OEM head unit.. Between horses and college for my oldest coming up this fall I've had to pace myself just a bit. I know I could spend $7,500-10,000 in a heart beat if it weren't for all the other needs and wants my family has going on.
Old 04-02-05, 02:37 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks for the vote of confidence. As for future mods, in addition to what I have already done, I am getting wood/leather steering wheel from American Stitches. OBX clear front side markers are on the way as are 2001+ taillights. I like the look of the wooden ashtray, chrome shift bezel and 2001+ instrument cluster surround so those are all on the to do list as well. Plan to change out the high beams to get a better match with the HIDs color wise. A Tom's LCB in the rear should just about finish out the suspension mods. Have started doing my research on improving the sound quality of the audio while maintaining the stock appearance by retaining the OEM head unit.. Between horses and college for my oldest coming up this fall I've had to pace myself just a bit. I know I could spend $7,500-10,000 in a heart beat if it weren't for all the other needs and wants my family has going on.
I am with you on that. I would love to just extract $12k from the account and go crazy but I know better now. I like to read as much as I can before I make any hasty decisions, which I have in the past. I think if you do a few mods at a time you have something to look forward to. I thought about doing everything at once but then I would maybe get bored.

I think the 01+ tails will look great and along with the clear markers will make a drastic change in the appearance. Good luck with the car, the horses and most importantly your family
Old 04-02-05, 02:45 PM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
I am with you on that. I would love to just extract $12k from the account and go crazy but I know better now. I like to read as much as I can before I make any hasty decisions, which I have in the past. I think if you do a few mods at a time you have something to look forward to. I thought about doing everything at once but then I would maybe get bored.

I think the 01+ tails will look great and along with the clear markers will make a drastic change in the appearance. Good luck with the car, the horses and most importantly your family
Thanks for the props. Yeah, family is most important of all. Both my wife and especially my 17 y.o. daughter love driving MY car. 17 yo is graduating this June and headed for college, high on her list are several private schools and now her younger sister, my 13 yo says she wants to go to a private high school. I could buy a new Lexus every year for what I may be facing in tuition come this fall. And don't even ask how many new cars the price tag on the last horse would have paid for.
Old 04-02-05, 09:59 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

DetMich1 looks good house looks really good 2
Old 04-02-05, 11:22 PM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LEXUS_KID
DetMich1 looks good house looks really good 2
Thanks very much BTW, did you notice the license plate? I could have gone with GS400
but I thought this was just a little more creative
Old 04-04-05, 01:01 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

wow very nice........ HOUSE!

haha just kidding larry. very nice car, clean, that's how i would put it

and yup, it can definitely use a spoiler imho
Old 04-04-05, 01:09 AM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
wow very nice........ HOUSE!

haha just kidding larry. very nice car, clean, that's how i would put it

and yup, it can definitely use a spoiler imho
Hey Henry, how you been? thank for the kind comments. You were at the meet at the beginning of last summer weren't you? The one held at Folsom Lake. My house is a five minute walk to the lake, if you were there last summer, you were practically in my yard. Had the car down to Todd's last week for the 90K service and suspension upgrades. I was very happy with the results of everything I had done. I even ended up with a bolt off of Neo's car installed on mine cause Todd had to cut it off to change the sway bar end-link around. No problem, Neo ended up getting a new one to replace it.
Old 04-04-05, 02:23 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Hey Henry, how you been? thank for the kind comments. You were at the meet at the beginning of last summer weren't you? The one held at Folsom Lake. My house is a five minute walk to the lake, if you were there last summer, you were practically in my yard. Had the car down to Todd's last week for the 90K service and suspension upgrades. I was very happy with the results of everything I had done. I even ended up with a bolt off of Neo's car installed on mine cause Todd had to cut it off to change the sway bar end-link around. No problem, Neo ended up getting a new one to replace it.
hHAHAHAA, so neo's car is our spare parts center now? that's not a bad idea, let's see what's getting old on my car and yup, your house is very nice man, what else can i say.

good work you are doing to the gs4, clean look. now start hunting for the wing
Old 04-04-05, 05:08 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

the satin flows nicely on blk, congrats man.. i would definately try to do the 01-up tails..

Quick Reply: L-tuned S/S 18" SSR GT3 Bright Satin