GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

leather seats

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-05, 04:49 PM
GS4
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default leather seats

I'm thinking about ordering new leather seat covers from leatherseats.com and need your opinions on what color to select for suede inserts. I have an alpine silver gs400. What do you guys recommend?
Thanks
Old 04-02-05, 04:50 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

what color is your interior? that would help...
Old 04-02-05, 05:02 PM
GS4
Driver

Default ..

Bluelex,
Sorry about that, I forgot an important fact.
The interior is black. Bluelex when I saw the post of your interior I knew I had to make a change.
Your interior looks incredible, great job. I wasn't looking to do as much as you but the seats (f+r) and the door panels.
Old 04-02-05, 05:08 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GS4
Bluelex,
Sorry about that, I forgot an important fact.
The interior is black. Bluelex when I saw the post of your interior I knew I had to make a change.
Your interior looks incredible, great job. I wasn't looking to do as much as you but the seats (f+r) and the door panels.

cool, thanx man it was a lot of work.... wow with blk i think dark grey like a charcol would be fire!! my buddy is doing dark charcol in his blk interior scion and its going to look perfect. also if you like something light to match the alpine outside than mabe go with a silver grey to bring it out of the blk...both would look killer with blk interior, maybe a combo of both..tough desicion but both would look great..
Old 04-02-05, 05:17 PM
GS4
Driver

Default ..

Originally Posted by bluelex
cool, thanx man it was a lot of work.... wow with blk i think dark grey like a charcol would be fire!! my buddy is doing dark charcol in his blk interior scion and its going to look perfect. also if you like something light to match the alpine outside than mabe go with a silver grey to bring it out of the blk...both would look killer with blk interior, maybe a combo of both..tough desicion but both would look great..
Is the silver grey that you mentioned the silver that leatherseats .com has at their website. Before I purchased my gs I almost purchased a silver 2000 audi S4 and it had a black interior with white suede inserts. What do you think about white? ugly?
Old 04-02-05, 05:22 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GS4
Is the silver grey that you mentioned the silver that leatherseats .com has at their website. Before I purchased my gs I almost purchased a silver 2000 audi S4 and it had a black interior with white suede inserts. What do you think about white? ugly?

i wouldn't do white but thats me, even if i had a white car i wouldn't do white. i think a light grey would flow very nicely. i've never been to there site so i don't know what color they have for silver. suede is so hard to get an exact color compared to paint. so finding a perfect match for alpine will be difficult. mayb have them send you a sample so you can see it in person. always see a sample so you know exactly what color your going to get.. if you decide on light or dark grey matching stitching would look very hot without the peiping tho..but thats me..any link to the color.
Old 04-02-05, 05:27 PM
GS4
Driver

Default ..

i wouldn't do white but thats me, even if i had a white car i wouldn't do white. i think a light grey would flow very nicely. i've never been to there site so i don't know what color they have for silver. suede is so hard to get an exact color compared to paint. so finding a perfect match for alpine will be difficult. mayb have them send you a sample so you can see it in person. always see a sample so you know exactly what color your going to get.. if you decide on light or dark grey matching stitching would look very hot without the peiping tho..but thats me..any link to the color.

http://leatherseats.com/ and just click on colors. I would definitely get a sample of a few colors just to help me make a decision. Light grey is one color I have in mind.
Old 04-02-05, 06:06 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the idea of black with the middle part of the seat like a charcoal or a little bit lighter, not too light though. I think that would look great. And a have to say no to the white, I dont think that would look right with your car. You may want to check in the vendor forum because I think leatherseats.com was having a nice group buy, just not sure if it is still on or if its over
Old 04-02-05, 06:07 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

ya your better off getting samples of light grey and silver. those are pics of the leather , the suede might and has before looked totally different. we had a member just recently order from them and when he got the seats the suede didn't look like what he thought. choose which ones you like and ask for samples so you can be sure before you order...
Old 04-02-05, 06:19 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default suede inserts

how about graphite

or dark graphite
Old 04-02-05, 10:34 PM
GS4
Driver

ya your better off getting samples of light grey and silver. those are pics of the leather , the suede might and has before looked totally different. we had a member just recently order from them and when he got the seats the suede didn't look like what he thought. choose which ones you like and ask for samples so you can be sure before you order...
Light grey and silver I think are the way to go. Samples are a must. Also BLuelex did you do the work yourself or did a shop do it?

GS300Rich,

Unfortunately the group by is over. Maybe I will wait to the next group buy but I doubt I will be able to.

Also Bluelex and GS300Rich, I know this is a bit off topic but how do you like the SRT intake?
Old 04-02-05, 10:35 PM
GS4
Driver

Originally Posted by chuckb
how about graphite

or dark graphite

Graphite is nice but I think a little lighter would be better for alpine silver.
Old 04-02-05, 10:48 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GS4
Light grey and silver I think are the way to go. Samples are a must. Also BLuelex did you do the work yourself or did a shop do it?

GS300Rich,

Unfortunately the group by is over. Maybe I will wait to the next group buy but I doubt I will be able to.

Also Bluelex and GS300Rich, I know this is a bit off topic but how do you like the SRT intake?
I love my srt intake. It gave my HKS exhaust a different note, not quite as low as it originally was. At first I didnt like the higher pitch of the exhaust with the intake but I actually really like it now. I know there are added gains but it isnt that noticeable. I do like the fact that I can clean the filter and not have to buy a new one every time
Old 04-02-05, 10:52 PM
GS4
Driver

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
I love my srt intake. It gave my HKS exhaust a different note, not quite as low as it originally was. At first I didnt like the higher pitch of the exhaust with the intake but I actually really like it now. I know there are added gains but it isnt that noticeable. I do like the fact that I can clean the filter and not have to buy a new one every time

I am glad to hear that someone loves it instead of not liking the increased noise. I have ordered an Apexi Ws2 exhaust and will order the Srt if I cant find it on CL from a member. Hopefully I get some decent increases.
Old 04-02-05, 10:58 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

I laid down a lot of dynamat on the interior to make the interior a little more quiet so that helped with the noise some. I have always liked the sound of a mean exhaust.

Quick Reply: leather seats