GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

GS VERTEX Kit, other bodykits put on at bodyshops etc UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-05, 08:56 PM
LasVegasGS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude I F$&$IN Hate Dealships I'll do anything I can not to take my car down there. They have those little punk *** kids that part your car I followed one of them to the parking lot when he parked my car he was just siting in it for like 5min???? Then they tell me my car is a 2000? Hummm No E shift, Updated Nav screen & It says 430. I told him they didnt make the GS430 in 2000 sure they may have been on the road but its a 2001 Model .

They also like to tell you your car will be done in 1hour then they keep it over night? Now im having warranty issues I have an 01 with 27K miles. When I called them they told me my warranty ends 10-1-2005 now there trying to say that someone down the road bought an extended warranty & I have to find this person and have them transfer my name to it? Now why the hell would anyone buy an extended warranty on a car with 27K Miles? The guy I bought it from had it since 7K miles he didnt get one so the first owner that put 7K miles on it felt the need to get an extended warranty.

Has anyone had the same come up about the warranty?
Old 04-05-05, 08:57 PM
Dsmart
Pole Position

What do you do in my situation, the place I bought it from has NO REFUNDS, do I say well I just lost $1300 and say the hell with it or try to work with what I got? believe me I learned from this, next time buy from a place that has a return policy etc. The body shop said they will contact the people that made it since it suppose to have insurance and all to see if I get any money back on this. If I could send it back and get another I would but I don't think that is an option, so if you were me, what do you do? that is the question I am in right now. I would have no problem losing shipping cost and all that but no refunds, not much I can do here.
Old 04-05-05, 09:01 PM
Dsmart
Pole Position

I haven't had any problems with lexus dealerships I think lexus and acura are the best I have seen. I don't have much experience with lexus dealer though since it cost so much over there. But for extended warrenty, you have to have that transfered over to your name but it should have the original factory warrenty on it that it doesn't matter who owns the car. I bought my car it was a certified 100K car and it had 72K miles on it and they said warrenty doesn't transfer over at all I don't understand this myself and they said no way to contact the person (I know who owned the car before me) so answer that one?
Old 04-05-05, 09:06 PM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

DSmart: $2066 to paint and installed a kit its totally outrageous. Trust me those guys at the shop are trying to rape you from front and behind. I would send back the kit where you bought it from. Like neo said.. Kit shouldnt arrived cracked, dont settle for less. I bet if the body shop doesnt have to repair the cracked kit, they would charge you a lot lesser.
Old 04-05-05, 09:09 PM
Dsmart
Pole Position

That is what they said if they didn't have to fix the cracks they will charge less, not sure how much less but less. But the thing has really rough edges they said they have to sand it 3 times and all and I saw how rough they are, the edges need a lot of work
Old 04-05-05, 09:20 PM
Dsmart
Pole Position

Default To gamma lex

What kind of headlights do you have on your car? the headlight looks like a mini machine gun thing like one guy used in predator that he had to handcrank and shot like god knows how many bullets a minute.
Old 04-05-05, 09:35 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dsmart
What kind of headlights do you have on your car? the headlight looks like a mini machine gun thing like one guy used in predator that he had to handcrank and shot like god knows how many bullets a minute.
Those are q45 projectors retrofitted into the GS headlights.

As for the kit, even if they have a no refund policy, they can't expect a customer go get a cracked kit and be OK with it. If you cannot pursue a refund, at least get a kit that is in new condition.
Old 04-05-05, 11:11 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

man, didn't neo and i warn you..... now you are stuck.... sigh.....

first of all, why would you let dealership do it anyway? not like they have a better hand or something. probably they are one of the worst route imho, coz' they are not experienced with fiber glass constructions and treatment.

and second, why cracks?! there is not supposed to be ONE crack. if there is one, that's manufacturing defect. i can care less about others, that's the bottom line. they made a crappy knock off and even a cracked version, period. with all those cracks, you run the risk of the crack reappearing again later with temperature variation

ask for a full refund, throw the kit back to them, and run.....
Old 04-06-05, 12:30 AM
Dsmart
Pole Position

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=7961847645
that is where I bought the thing from NO REFUNDS, not sure what my options are here.
Old 04-06-05, 12:39 AM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

was this paid with paypal? report it to paypal to get your money back. Say it was broken.

Send back the item with an insurance claim.

You'll probably get your money back because paypal will just deduct it from their account..
Old 04-06-05, 12:41 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Did you buy insurance? They also say something about emailing them with problems.

I wonder why they don't sell in CA either. That is a weird rule.
Old 04-06-05, 12:51 AM
Dsmart
Pole Position

I bought insurance, the bodyshop said that the shipping companies don't usualy pay for items messed up unless there was damage to the box itself, there was no damage to the box and they said most likely it was the people who made the kits fault. I have seen lots of comments about them that they ship out pretty good stuff with no cracks and a few that had a few. I did buy inssurance on it, not sure what is going to happen next. I think I am going to slow down and try to claim insurance on that one piece or whatever.
Old 04-06-05, 12:52 AM
Dsmart
Pole Position

Default not selling in CA

don't think they sell in CA because it is illegal to copy someone's kit and sell it maybe and all the distribuiters are in CA?
Old 04-06-05, 01:14 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

good point about the distributor. dunno, but that's just lame one way or the other

yeah if there is no damage to the box then it's all manufacturing. what a joke. if you use paypal or cc, dispute the charge. this is not like you don't want them coz' you don't like them. they are not what you looking for!
Old 04-06-05, 01:18 AM
Dsmart
Pole Position

Default disputing charges

how do you dispute a charge when it is a "bank card" with a signiture and all"

Quick Reply: GS VERTEX Kit, other bodykits put on at bodyshops etc UPDATE