GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

GS VERTEX Kit, other bodykits put on at bodyshops etc UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-05, 11:24 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TeeLex
I'll snap a few this weekend, Neo.
Thanks a bunch.
Old 04-07-05, 09:22 PM
Dsmart
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Neo: do you have a bodykit on your car now or just looking? if you have one on there now why change? or is that what people do, get one and go to another one. Personally once I get one that is it I am satisifed and isn't it hard to mix different kits? expecially front and rear ones?
Old 04-07-05, 09:40 PM
Neo
The One

Originally Posted by Dsmart
Neo: do you have a bodykit on your car now or just looking? if you have one on there now why change? or is that what people do, get one and go to another one. Personally once I get one that is it I am satisifed and isn't it hard to mix different kits? expecially front and rear ones?

I have the TTE lip/L-Tuned side combo. I had this early on, following DaveGS4 (and a few others' footsteps). Back then, there were only a handful with this combo. This combo has become very common and if you add the L-Sportline rear (like I had originally planned to), it is still very common. There is nothing wrong with it. I am just thinking that instead of putting on the L-Sportline rear (or any rear), that $ can go towards a face lift (or body lift ).

At this point, nothing is set in stone so I am trying to narrow down my options.

As for mixing, it is harder and that's where photoshop comes in. Even that, it is difficult to tell and you are still taking a chance.

Last edited by Neo; 04-07-05 at 09:45 PM.
Old 04-07-05, 10:34 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

yeah, some people they wanna get some change. i am thinking about changing my body kits too. we will see
Old 04-07-05, 11:10 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LoL, didn't you know? No one on CL is every satisfied....just watch, Neo will probably come out with a sick kit come spring time....
Old 04-07-05, 11:30 PM
Neo
The One

Originally Posted by jtanoyo1
LoL, didn't you know? No one on CL is every satisfied....just watch, Neo will probably come out with a sick kit come spring time....
LOL. You give me way too much credit. Your custom act is hard to follow and since I don't have the cashflow you do, I'm not even going to attempt to.

Old 04-07-05, 11:47 PM
Dsmart
Pole Position

I am not spending another 3K on another kit to save my ***, this one going ot have to do
Old 04-08-05, 05:43 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Neo
LOL. You give me way too much credit. Your custom act is hard to follow and since I don't have the cashflow you do, I'm not even going to attempt to.

Come on now NEO your a big BALLER you just keep it on the low down.
Old 04-11-05, 04:49 PM
Dsmart
Pole Position

Default Updates

I put the car in the shop tuesday around 5pm. The guys finally sanded and primiered the thing 2 times and then they tried to "bake it" when they baked the kit there were several finger to thumbnail size bubbles on it . they said that the gel coat is not letting the paint stick or whatever the deal is. Now they said they have to said past the gel coat in some areas and then reprimer it again and then go from there. I went today to look at it and saw like 3-5 big pieces they had to pull off and going to have to redo on each 4 piece body part thing. They told me a normal cheap bodyshop would have let it go and then I would see paint peeling like 6 months later. See a good dealer bodyshop is the way to go for that some cheap place that fixes $399 bodykits would have let that go. But anyway anyone hear of that happening?
Old 04-11-05, 05:20 PM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

I have never heard of this and sound to me they dont have a lot of experience with boodykits.
Old 04-11-05, 06:43 PM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

Default Vertex Front Spoiler Views from sideangle

Neo, check out this view of the Vertex front spoiler. I have 20 X 9 Lowenhart BR5's with +38 offset and 245/35/20 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S' up front ( so you can determine reasonably well how it would look with your rims/tires.
Attached Thumbnails GS VERTEX Kit, other bodykits put on at bodyshops etc UPDATE-img_0117_1.jpg  
Old 04-11-05, 06:47 PM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

Another view. The Vertex definitely has some flare to it, my Loweys used to 'stick' out at the bottom of the OEM body, but the Vertex blends very well with them - I'm very pleased with the kit. Hope the pix help some. Cheers
Attached Thumbnails GS VERTEX Kit, other bodykits put on at bodyshops etc UPDATE-img_0119.1.jpg  
Old 04-11-05, 09:02 PM
Neo
The One

Originally Posted by TeeLex
Hope the pix help some. Cheers
They do. Thanks.
Old 04-11-05, 10:04 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

it's so funny, why somehow they don't look like 20s? somehow they look a bit smaller than that
Old 04-12-05, 06:29 AM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

rom, it'probably because the front needs to be lowered slightly more! Actually I'm doing a few things today that might end up getting me a little lower in the front ( attempting to lower without additional negative camber through the use of spacers between the lower steering nuckle and ball joint ). We'll see today if it works.

Quick Reply: GS VERTEX Kit, other bodykits put on at bodyshops etc UPDATE