GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My Crazy Day ...just some pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-05 | 04:41 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Default My Crazy Day ...just some pics

well today i decided to start a project

the supra rear ..i know some of you frown upon having FI with this rear but i dont want to attempt the TRDLSD

plus if i ever decide to lose the S/C ill still have the traction of the supra rear

well thanks to supra forums i was able to locate one 20 minutes from my house

very nice guy and insane price he had a sweet single turbo supra ..love those cars

anyway ...since i was under there i saw the bolts for the rear bumper and said "what the hell"

and started that project also ...the RMM rear bumper has been in my garage for almost a week

so out it came

back to the LSD ...when people say it weighs a ton they arent kidding

but im finally happy i got it

going to install tomorrow

ill have some in progress pics

wish me luck

johnny

if anyone had any tips for the install let me know

also any tips for putting the front bumper on

ever since i had to flatbed it ..it made me think if there is an easy way to take off and on

Old 04-09-05 | 05:23 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

dude!!! You have been a wrenchin' fool lately!!! First the SC, now this. I would NEVER attempt any of this stuff myself...I don't have the huevos. Or the right tools more than likely. Very cool that you are tackling something like this. Keep it up, and you will have to be crowned the new Undisputed GS DIY King!!! BananaGS(Anh) watch out!!!

Best of luck!!

Eric
Old 04-09-05 | 05:27 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ebruce2
dude!!! You have been a wrenchin' fool lately!!! First the SC, now this. I would NEVER attempt any of this stuff myself...I don't have the huevos. Or the right tools more than likely. Very cool that you are tackling something like this. Keep it up, and you will have to be crowned the new Undisputed GS DIY King!!! BananaGS(Anh) watch out!!!

Best of luck!!

Eric
haha thanks Eric

yeah it should be interesting tomorrow

have a bachelor party tonite and i swore no more than 19 beers

yeah i really like to work on all my vehicles in case something ever goes wrong ...id like to see if i can do it first

my rims should be coming in soon

just wanted to say thanks ..you were the inspiration for that ..does that sound gay
Old 04-09-05 | 05:46 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by T.L.W.
haha thanks Eric

yeah it should be interesting tomorrow

have a bachelor party tonite and i swore no more than 19 beers

yeah i really like to work on all my vehicles in case something ever goes wrong ...id like to see if i can do it first

my rims should be coming in soon

just wanted to say thanks ..you were the inspiration for that ..does that sound gay

ha ha ha, don't be ridiculous!! Don't thank me, thank the folks at AME for making such a neat wheel, and GS4Will for doing the leg-work (assuming he did)

I can't wait to see what they look like against Spectra blue!

BTW, speaking of my wheels, are your tires coming mounted? Mine did not, since they are not DOT-spec. Reason I'm asking.....If you have to take them somewhere to be mounted, PLEASE do yourself a favor and take a look at the mounting machine in the shop you take them to. I have a horror story from last week I ordered new rubber from Tire Rack and took the tires over to NTB/Tire Kingdom last tuesday. They ended up F-ing up three of my wheels real bad. I swear I could have killed the kid who did it!!! He claimed that the mounting machine broke loose and it left a HUGE, DEEP scratch on one of my fronts....besides that there are deep mounting gouges on the lips of the other three. Good news is they are going to replace everything. So PLEASE, be cautious!

Back to the supra rear, let me know how much difference it makes in launches. I'm anxious to see.
Old 04-09-05 | 05:50 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ebruce2
ha ha ha, don't be ridiculous!! Don't thank me, thank the folks at AME for making such a neat wheel, and GS4Will for doing the leg-work (assuming he did)

I can't wait to see what they look like against Spectra blue!

BTW, speaking of my wheels, are your tires coming mounted? Mine did not, since they are not DOT-spec. Reason I'm asking.....If you have to take them somewhere to be mounted, PLEASE do yourself a favor and take a look at the mounting machine in the shop you take them to. I have a horror story from last week I ordered new rubber from Tire Rack and took the tires over to NTB/Tire Kingdom last tuesday. They ended up F-ing up three of my wheels real bad. I swear I could have killed the kid who did it!!! He claimed that the mounting machine broke loose and it left a HUGE, DEEP scratch on one of my fronts....besides that there are deep mounting gouges on the lips of the other three. Good news is they are going to replace everything. So PLEASE, be cautious!

Back to the supra rear, let me know how much difference it makes in launches. I'm anxious to see.

oh man i would have freaked out .....cant believe he would do another wheel after he f'ed one of up
glad to hear they are taking care of you

as soon as i get all my stuff back you be the first to know
Old 04-09-05 | 06:10 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Damn bro. big props for doing this! cant wait to see the finished product!
Old 04-09-05 | 06:23 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by D-MAN63
Damn bro. big props for doing this! cant wait to see the finished product!
Andy thanks man
you have to stop by one day

your car is the best
Old 04-09-05 | 06:32 PM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Question LSD Gear Ratio

Hey Johnny

Is that a 3.76 LSD that you are puting on. Thats the one I've got and I just love it.

2 more weeks and I get my SC installed. I can hardly stand the wait.

Ivan
3dog
Old 04-09-05 | 07:11 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Very nice! You are going mod frenzy this month, bud.
Old 04-09-05 | 07:14 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Johnny-good luck on the install. I'm sure you'll be leaving some patches with the 3.76 LSD and SC

Ivan- you're getting an SC too?? you Dog.
Old 04-09-05 | 07:22 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by T.L.W.

your car is the best

ROFL!!! Wait till I see ya..
Old 04-09-05 | 09:19 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

i love seeing monsters in the making...
Old 04-09-05 | 09:37 PM
LasVegasGS
Lead Lap

Dude your a monster I cant wait for it We need to make one hell of a DIY section.
Old 04-09-05 | 11:03 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

It's not so much frowning on the combination as knowing that the gearing will only hurt your traction - but if you are running the stock now it kinda balances out. Good luck and hope you don't have too many spare parts when you are done.
Old 04-10-05 | 12:31 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

well im back from th [party

i saw some sick things ]

lets just say th e *** doesnt deseverve that kinda treatment lol

guys thank you

pics will be up tomorrow

Quick Reply: My Crazy Day ...just some pics