GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

So. Cal Meet at the Block in Orange on Saturday, June 23

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-01 | 12:44 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

I don't find it odd at all if Ted just disappears from Club Lexus ......
Old 06-13-01 | 02:03 AM
Jooleee
Lead Lap

haha ted~ first time u said something mean and then "jk" at the end!!! lol =P i hate parking at the block. everytime i go there, i nearly have a heart attack trying to find a parking space!!!

as for krispy kreme donuts... don't they give them away for free at the place? i went to the new one in riverside and they were giving away free donuts~ i dunno about other krispy kremes... i hardly go there.
Old 06-13-01 | 02:08 AM
N10S1
Driver

I posted this over at IS300.net as well as CL-S forum so no one take this personally ok?

Ok, to appease some folks who have valid concerns about parking and the "ricer hoodlum" element, I am going to scout out some locations tomorrow, including the Block to see if there will be any issues.

Yes, I know Wednesday nights and afternoons are not the same as a weekend for crowdedness, however, I am going to have a look-see to make sure.

I still believe that this event will be good to go at the Block, however, again the last thing we need is for our rides to get jacked or for folks to show up in Camrys or other non-forum vehicles. And that really is the point of showing up in your ride, not the Corrolla rental car for fear of hooligans.

If we have a sea of rental cars showing up, then it defeats the whole purpose of having a meet. We should just send emails back and forth and be content.

Thus, yes there is aways some risk at these meets, no there is no guarentee that nothing bad will happen, however, considering how many folks will be out and about, there will be strength in numbers. Also, if folks have not already noticed, this meet begins quite early, 3pm, so if you can get yourself to the Block between 3-4pm I do not think parking will be an issue. Plus we should be out of there by 8-9pm so the whole ricer element usually do not get rowdy till 10-11pm. Just some of my observations.

Again, I am going to go check out some sites tomorrow, even places in L.A. county. I will give progress report tomorrow.
Old 06-13-01 | 12:54 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

wow, thanks for all the hard work thrown in!

Did this start as the Audi meet or a new ClubLexus meet with alot of other forums?
Old 06-13-01 | 03:07 PM
TOMMYzM3
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys, just a friendly invite.

On the 23rd there is a Huge BMW Meet/show going on at 11am, so maybe before the 3pm meet you all can come to the bmw meet?

Its being held at WheelPower in hunnington beach.

There will be Numorous show BMWs on display, the event is Free!

I think some Audi/vw guys are crashing it too?
Attached Thumbnails So. Cal Meet at the Block in Orange on Saturday, June 23-flyer.jpg  
Old 06-13-01 | 03:20 PM
Jooleee
Lead Lap

are they always held at wheel power? i've been to one of the wheel power meets with my friend before~ hehe it was pretty cool~ lotsa bmw's.
Old 06-13-01 | 03:23 PM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

hehehe LEXUS in BMW meet? It's like throwing gasoline into a flame. hehe let's try to gather 15 GS. so we wouldn't get beat up or out numbered. you know.. a lot of BIMMERS could be really really snooty. We will see... Tommy keep us updated
Old 06-13-01 | 03:31 PM
Black Majik
Driver School Candidate

Anyone is welcome to the Wheel Power meet.

Tommy, I did hear about the Audi/VW people... tsk tsk.... If you're coming, make sure its an unhostile way.... instead of an *ahem*crash the meet *ahem*

Show cars that are attending are Jon Sibal's Hamann Turbo 325is, Zel's Hamann Competition 540i, Charles AC Schnitzer 5 series w/ Supercharged M3 motor, Shingo's AA Turbo 325is running 12 sec. 1/4 miles, Ryan Castro's white Turbo 328is, and a whole bunch more...

but if ur interested to take a look at some bimmers, by all means... you're welcome to come.
Old 06-13-01 | 03:33 PM
Jooleee
Lead Lap

lol, richard~ crashing a meet! *sounds familiar*

i gotta tilt my head to look at that picture!!! *tilts head*

and where do u get those m&m looking guys???
Old 06-13-01 | 03:49 PM
Black Majik
Driver School Candidate

What M&M lookin' guys?
Old 06-13-01 | 06:14 PM
N10S1
Driver

Ok folks, back from my field trip to scout out a location for the 6/23 meet. The block at Orange will stay. I stopped by Irvine Spectrum as well as some other spots up in L.A. and they're all not that appealing. In fact, the Irvine Spectrum parking lot was packed!!!! This was at 11:30 am !!! I stopped by the Block at Orange at 12:30pm and 4pm and there were plenty of spots for us all in front of the AMC theater between parking rows C2-C3.

Thus, so. cal. meet on 6/23, Saturday, 3pm SHARP!!!! Show up early if you can. We will park in rows C2 - C3. I will visit the Block again this coming Saturday at 3pm to see how the parking situation is and will give my final report on Saturday. Hope to see everyone on 6/23!

In regards to where this meet idea started, originally I was meeting a few friends at the A4/S4 Van Nuys Krispy Kreme meets over the past several weeks, me showing up with my IS300, the only one I might add. I also started to visit Iridium's Cl-S and TL-S meets in Irvine, and they were all very nice and cordial.

Enter IS300.net folks who kept wondering when the next meet would be and how come we never meet in O.C.? Next, folks at the A4/S4 forum wanted to get more than 20 vehicles for their next impromptu Van Nuys KK meet. Enter my brave ***. . .I decide to check out how the response would be for a Van Nuys KK meet for all makes and models. I invited folks from clublexus, is300.net, A4/S4 forum, CL-S/TL-S forum, and the WRX forum, unfortunately it was very short notice.

The result? about 12-15 A4/S4's, 5 Is300's, 2 02 wrx's. a Cl-S, a TL-S (by mistake, did not know a meet was going on just there for donuts!) and a 01 325ci. Oh also some stray Mustang GT, but not part of our group.

It was a great success, much more interesting because of the number of different makes and models. Finally, someone on IS300.net mentions that the fast and the furious premiere would be a great idea for a meet, thus the wheels were put into motion and here we are. Lets try to get 30-40 cars at this meet. Hope to see all of you soon.
Old 06-13-01 | 06:32 PM
Jooleee
Lead Lap

you are an EVIL evil man, richard...

Old 06-14-01 | 12:03 AM
Black Majik
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by N10S1

The result? about 12-15 A4/S4's, 5 Is300's, 2 02 wrx's. a Cl-S, a TL-S (by mistake, did not know a meet was going on just there for donuts!) and a 01 325ci. Oh also some stray Mustang GT, but not part of our group.

Jus' curious how come no Bimmer people were invited.... ....

It would be fun for the future if we can get everyone together....

www.DTMPower.Net
www.Bimmerforums.com

Old 06-14-01 | 04:01 AM
N10S1
Driver

Just never happened. However if you would like, come on by. We don't discriminate. All makes and models welcome.
Old 06-14-01 | 08:13 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

All makes and models welcome huh? You seemed kinda hostile when you mentioned Camry up in your earlier post! Anyways, we were invited by Calvin aka QBranchCars to come join you all. It's not like we just came over to crash the scene. None of us are ignorant or whatever, we love Toyotas and it so happened the whole day for our club was a true "All Toyota" day starting with TRD in the morning, Carson at noon, field trip to Toyota Motor Sales HQ and then the Vintage Museum. We had just arrived in our convoy up the 405 from the TRD Open House/Garage Sale in Tustin.

Anyways, good luck with your get together. Alot of us will be in Northern California for the All Toyota Owners Meet 2. Then after the ATOM2 event, the plan is for alot of us to watch the Fast and the Furious with a large group of Toyota/Lexus enthusiasts.

Check out the write up our friend from Nor Cal did when he spent the day with us on May 19:
A Day with TeamSC³ - May 19 - www.tweazy.net

Photo below was taken just after we left Carson, turning left into the TMS Campus on Western Ave in Torrance.

Last edited by flipside909; 06-14-01 at 08:31 AM.

Quick Reply: So. Cal Meet at the Block in Orange on Saturday, June 23