GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

So. Cal Meet at the Block in Orange on Saturday, June 23

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-01, 05:56 AM
N10S1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Ok folks, here are the preliminary plans: On Saturday, June 23 at the Block in Orange. We will have a meet. This is the day after the release of "The Fast and the Furious." We will begin by everyone meeting at the AMC theaters at the Block by 3pm. We can talk shop, check out each others rides and have a few donuts (there is a Krispy Kreme) next door.

By 5pm or there abouts, we will, as a group see the movie: "The Fast and the Furious" (I do not know how good this movie will be).
Afterwards, it will probably be about 7pm and we can all have dinner together at a local restaurant of everyone's choice and then if folks want, we can go for a drive or everyone can go their separate ways at the end of dinner.

The Block at Orange seems like a good middle point for folks to meet at for both O.C. and L.A. folks, there is a movie theater where we can view said flick and there is a Krispy Kreme nearby.

This meet is being advertised roughly two weeks in advance to give everyone plenty of notice to schedule it into their busy lives.

As always, all makes and models will be welcome, and I will be posting this meet on IS300.net, A4/S4 audiworld forum, Acura TL-S/CL-S forum, clublexus, and the WRX forum.

These are preliminary plans and everyones comments and suggestions are appreciated. Hope to here from you all soon and hope to see all of you on June 23!!!

N1

Old 06-11-01, 02:19 PM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This sounds like an extraordinary meet = ), it's time to show this snooty AUDI ppl how fast a GS430 is. hehe. j/p . I will if i can make it along with my teammates.
Old 06-11-01, 03:29 PM
Kaban
Lead Lap

N10S1,

Where is the block at? From the information you give out I think it is on Colima Road? Can you post a map or direction to the place?
Old 06-11-01, 06:59 PM
disc108
Lead Lap

ill be there!
Old 06-11-01, 09:23 PM
N10S1
Driver

The best description I can give you is that it is an open air mall similar to Universal citywalk, Irvine Spectrum, Newport Fashion Island, 3rd st Promenade in SM, etc. It is in Orange County, CA. Right where the Interstate 5 and the 22 freeways meet. The address for the Block is: 1 City Blvd. West, Orange, CA 92868 (714) 769-4001.

Apparently, there are some concerns now from folks at the CL board and from Dtew that this area is full of "ricers" and that someone will mess with our rides. I have no such experiences thus far, however better safe than sorry, thus an alternative location may be in order. Any suggestions, of places where we will have plenty of parking, be able to see The Fast and The Furious, have dinner and maybe also have a few Krispy Kremes?
Old 06-11-01, 11:51 PM
disc108
Lead Lap

yes, i have seen a quite a few ricers there but i dont think anybody will mess w/our cars if we park right in the middle and altogether. everybody will be staring so IMO, itd be impossible for any jealous people to pull anything... if we arrive around 3pm, id say we'd be able to find decent parking...
Old 06-12-01, 04:31 PM
LeXusBoy
Lead Lap

If you guys can't go to the Block, you might try the Winetka (did I spell that rite) 20 in the San Fernando Valley. They have a big lot and have a Krispy Kream next to the Theaters too.
Old 06-12-01, 04:35 PM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

haha looks like N10S1 is a huge fan of Krispy Kreme, I think block is a nice area, as long as our cars stick together there shouldn't be a problem. If anything happens just change the plan of watching the movie. The most important thing is to get everyone there, and what we do will be like a walk in the park when we go from there.
Sounds like an nice event, JOIN up everyone. = )
Old 06-12-01, 04:46 PM
N10S1
Driver

I think things will be ok, as of now the plan is still 6/23 at 3pm in front of the AMC at the Block at Orange. I am hoping that we can all, as a group see "The Fast and The Furious" by 5pm and have dinner by 7pm, and then a possible drive sometime after dinner if folks are up to it. Of course we could simply get a few Kk donuts instead of a drive! MMMM donuts good!!! D'OH!!! Also, for those of you who still have a student ID, bring it, AMC gives student discounts, so instead $9 a ticket it is something like $6.75 . . . save dinero, more greenbacks for your mods.
Old 06-12-01, 09:14 PM
Presario
Driver

The block is a great place. No one will mess with our cars. Imagine how awesome it would be to see so many tastefully modded Lexuses parked together. Especially after people see the Fast and the Furious, they will look in awe. I love the feeling when people stare at my car. Isn't that why most of us fix up our cars? Hee, can't wait.

-Andy
Old 06-12-01, 09:41 PM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

Team Lexstacy will be there with our Team stickers. Please don't be hesitated to ask for it = ) We need more Lex in our team. More the mirrer. Sheer Lex pride = ). andy we gotta cruize this time !
Old 06-12-01, 10:13 PM
mkilty
Lead Lap

Originally posted by gsintensive
Team Lexstacy will be there with our Team stickers. Please don't be hesitated to ask for it = ) We need more Lex in our team. More the mirrer. Sheer Lex pride = ). andy we gotta cruize this time !
Hmmmm.....Maybe I'll cruise down there. I am just concerned about the wrong people being there.

Hey DevildogIS300, how about it. Should we take time out for some fun?

Old 06-12-01, 10:33 PM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

WAH! Mike coming? it's great!! Just tell them this is a regular GS4 and smoke every car don't worry about the wrong people there, We outnumber them. Can't wait to see that sweet Supercharged GS4 again!!
Old 06-12-01, 10:35 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

More the MERRIER.

The jealous people problem should be that bad. The only bad thing I find at the Block is people stealing parking spaces.

Some girl in an Integra sedan took my parkin spot, I was signaling with NO CARS AROUND, then she comes over and drives right into the spot where the SUV just backed out from!! I was so pissed off I yelled at her when she got out and she started running. What happened to her car you guys don't have to know:eek: (actually I didn't do anything............ anything TOO bad.)
Old 06-12-01, 11:53 PM
disc108
Lead Lap

ray,
was she hot? if so, let it go. if not, hunt her down.

michael,
fun? is that even a word in old people's language? j/k please dont ban me.

Michael replying: Why ban you when I can have much more fun tormenting you.....Remember you started. it........

Quick Reply: So. Cal Meet at the Block in Orange on Saturday, June 23