GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Opinions Please, pics inside

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-05, 10:04 AM
JungleJoe
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckb
I'll bet JungleJoe wishes he didn't mention he was in the audio business right about now

j/k

Always glad to help if i got the time.
Old 04-16-05, 10:13 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts
Thumbs up

Great looking ride Jungle Joe
You answered 2 of my questions I have for such a long time: the rx wheels on the gs and an audio component all the down of the center console

Since you're in the audio business, can we buy audio equipments from you?
Seriously...
Old 04-16-05, 10:33 AM
JungleJoe
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Great looking ride Jungle Joe
You answered 2 of my questions I have for such a long time: the rx wheels on the gs and an audio component all the down of the center console

Since you're in the audio business, can we buy audio equipments from you?
Seriously...
Thanks for the comment. I am not really in the audio business but have been an enthusiust for many years. So i've burned a few amps, popped a few speakers, and so we learn thru costly leasons. I am in the Upholstery business (commercial fitness equipment), vehicles are not my main fortay but i've taken on a few projects for custom enclosures, projects for variety and to keep the guys at the shop interested.

My only advantage in the audio equipment stuff is that i've got a resale liccense and therefore can cruize down to the Audio district in East LA to get stuff at wholesale. Most times, things on ebay are very comparable to the price i get. They may make a few bucks on the actual unit, but they make there money on the shipping. That's why you're paying 30 bucks to ship a 4lb package.
Old 04-18-05, 08:40 AM
YellowRace
Driver

Originally Posted by JungleJoe
You can get a fold up system. I had an alpine system prior to the kenwood but i didn't like how it consumes the rest of the console. you're still in the same hole no matter which way you go.
Gotcha. I live in NYC. So not too comfy about getting a display that does not hide away. Someone might break in and steal it.
Old 04-18-05, 09:38 AM
whytry
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I used to be an audio guy too, I was in the installation dept and then sales at The Good Guys!. I know my fair share when it comes to audio equipment as well. I was just questioning the sound.

I agree with having a free air left something to be desired, and that is what prompted me to ask you about your setup. From my install days I never really liked how a free air sounded and I always finished the car having a feeling something was 'missing'..... So when you mentioned something about wanting to enclosed sub to get that 'missing' sound, I agree 100%.

Thanks for all the help bro!!!