GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Options for my wheels

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-05, 02:34 PM
DXGS400
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Options for my wheels

Okay, I am a total idiot. I bought 4 18" Salina wheels, and hoping to replace my 17 chrome ones. As many of you might know, they are too wide for the front. I have to cancel my ebay auction for my chrome wheels, which I feel very bad, and now, I am stuck with these Salina wheels that I can't do anything with.

I thought about getting the spacer for the fronts, but, I think they will look funny and people told me that the spacer will mess up the ride.

What are my options?

Thanks

Last edited by DXGS400; 04-15-05 at 02:38 PM.
Old 04-15-05, 03:45 PM
TYPEII
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Not sure what your options are, but if U do get rid of them somehow and are in the market for some 20" Work wheels PM me, I have a sent coming in from Japan that i MIGHT get rid off, got them from the Group Buy, hit me up I am in Salt Lake.
Old 04-15-05, 04:25 PM
dmodstl
Lexus Test Driver

Only place the wheels on the car if you are satisfied with doing so. If there is something else out there in terms of style or fitment, attempt to get it. Understand too that it's not easy to decided on the 'ideal' setup for yourself. Look around CL and many members have changed their wheel setup more than once. Getting it just right isn't always easy.

What are you looking to do? Do you want to stick with the Salina's and find the fitment that suits your needs?
Old 04-15-05, 04:57 PM
DXGS400
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dmodstl
Only place the wheels on the car if you are satisfied with doing so. If there is something else out there in terms of style or fitment, attempt to get it. Understand too that it's not easy to decided on the 'ideal' setup for yourself. Look around CL and many members have changed their wheel setup more than once. Getting it just right isn't always easy.

What are you looking to do? Do you want to stick with the Salina's and find the fitment that suits your needs?
Thanks for the reply, i just wanted to get a bigger rims than my stock 17s, and i don't really wanted to go too big. I do like the way salina looks and it's not too big, that's why i bought them at the first place. However, the front won't fit, so, what should I do. I am thinking about just put the wheels back on ebay, and I think that's my only option for now.
Old 04-15-05, 08:34 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

When the Salinas were setup for L-Tuned, the 18x9.5 were only for the rears. The fronts were 18x8 but it is extremely hard to get these.

If you go with extreme measures, you might be able to get these to fit upfront. The problem is the car will look a bit strange with a REALLY aggressive setup up front and a relatively mild setup in the rear.
Old 04-16-05, 10:48 PM
flossn
Lead Lap

Yeah I don't know why there is such a lack of fronts out there, I suppose a lot of people bought them to run on all fours 'cause they were scared to have 9.5's on the back? ? Did Sewell have a blowout sale on them at one time too? You think they would've produced these in even numbers.

I would say unless you want to be prepared to wait a long time, I would look for other rims. I've posted interest in some fronts as well as others, but anyone who is going to have these rims will not want to split the set up. I'm running on 20's right now and they acutally ride pretty nice so you can go bigger if you want. The salina's are cast so they aren't that light anyways. Don't get me wrong, I would jump on some fronts if i found them but for now I will just use the rears for drag radials and have some fun at the strip with them.

Good luck!

Tony