GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

GS Blinker Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-05, 03:46 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by EmeraldLexuSC3

The guy who is selling these on Ebay are the same products that Kazz-Sports is offering on their site, they are both buying these direct from Japan, which are a Japanese aftermarket item for the GS as are Junction Produce items. The tailights which the guy is selling on EBay are not fake, they are Kazz-Sports, the same ones I-tuned has on their site, is just that the guy does not know the difference!!

ok if those are indeed Kazz lights ..why not say they are Kazz

I'll tell you why because its the old bait and switch show you the JP and send you the KAZZ

the last time this **** tried to sale JP tails
i guarantee you would have gotten Kazz tails and i for one would not have been a happy camper

yeah they are clear but it just doesnt look right ..not clean enough IMO

how do you know he doesnt know the difference ??

do you know him ?

have you seen the crap he try to put out as a Lorinser kit for a GS

this guy is a LOUSE ..****ing scam artist POS

and i know one member gave him what he deserved

im not trying to argue with you on this ..just trying to figure out what your thinking

if you want to see another version of the side blinkers go here

http://www.insurance-group.net/produ...ror/index.html
Old 04-18-05, 05:25 PM
EmeraldLexuSC3
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by T.L.W.
....just trying to figure out what your thinking.....
if you want to see another version of the side blinkers go here
I do not know the guy nor am I defending him. Obviously he is passing these off as Junction Produce while showing Kazz-Sports type tail lights.
Someone who is knowledgeable would know the difference, but your average **** would not know JP or Kazz from Adam and probably would not care! As for all other items sold on Ebay. It's always buyer beware!!

The Blinker referral is very similar to the ones I posted previously!
Attached Images  

Last edited by EmeraldLexuSC3; 04-18-05 at 08:55 PM.
Old 04-18-05, 08:08 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel bad for the person who doesnt know any better and buys these lights. They dont look horrible but they arent as clean as the JPs. As far as the blinkers I have seen ones that look better but not sure who made them or where they got them from as they were only pictures and didnt describe anything. Doesnt Toms make some of the covers, and I think NEO has them on his car Sorry neo if I am giving out false info
Old 04-18-05, 08:14 PM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by T.L.W.

this guy is a LOUSE ..****ing scam artist POS

and i know one member gave him what he deserved

]

What happened? You know I got scammed out of this guy a year ago. He had another name and got his account terminated. He kept his old email addy and still sells the same crap sacred heart lighters and trinkets and benz navis that dont work because there factory defects.

His name was kmconnect and kmimports. I has this @$$ house addy cell phone # and house #. He barely spoke english. He buys parts from the yahoo auctions and sells them to you. He also links pics of other peoples auctions to his ebay auction. He doesnt know crap about parts either he'll tell you what ever just to sell it.
Old 04-18-05, 08:18 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
Doesnt Toms make some of the covers, and I think NEO has them on his car Sorry neo if I am giving out false info
I do have the Tom's but I actually think these look better. They were not available when I picked up my Tom's. The problem with many of these covers (including the Tom's) is that they are made for JDM cars which has the side mirrors reversed compared with the US cars. They do not fit perfectly on US cars and need a little massaging and cutting for a better fit. The two sides are not the same shape/angle.
Old 04-18-05, 08:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Neo
I do have the Tom's but I actually think these look better. They were not available when I picked up my Tom's. The problem with many of these covers (including the Tom's) is that they are made for JDM cars which has the side mirrors reversed compared with the US cars. They do not fit perfectly on US cars and need a little massaging and cutting for a better fit. The two sides are not the same shape/angle.
i actually think so too, somehow i think these looks more smoothly or so to the car, and the longer and clearer signals are nice too
Old 04-18-05, 08:25 PM
EmeraldLexuSC3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
Doesnt Toms make some of the covers
I have come across 'Toms', but I am not to keen on the looks!!
Old 04-18-05, 08:30 PM
Neo
The One

I have come across 'Toms', but I am not to keen on the looks!!
I have the Tom's and I agree with you.

At the time, it was Tom's, full retro, or nothing. After painting and fitting the covers, I don't feel like re-spending the $. There are other mods to be done.
Old 04-18-05, 09:06 PM
EmeraldLexuSC3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Neo
The problem with many of these covers (including the Tom's) is that they are made for JDM cars which has the side mirrors reversed compared with the US cars. They do not fit perfectly on US cars.
In fact I was told it's the passenger side that has to be slightly modified in order to have a better fit.

Originally Posted by Neo
I have the Tom's and I agree with you.
I appreciate your honest and unbiased opinion!
Old 04-18-05, 10:08 PM
Neo
The One

In fact I was told it's the passenger side that has to be slightly modified in order to have a better fit.
If they are anything like the Tom's, the passenger side is the worse of the two. To get it to be snug and complementary to each other, though, both need tweaking.
Old 04-18-05, 10:51 PM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I checked out the ones on Insurance-group.net from the link posted. Because they are for an Aristo, which is right-hand-drive, will there be any issues other than "slight" tweaking? Also, how "slight" is the tweaking that needs to be done? Or rather, how costly is it? Last thing, how can i obtain them from insurance-group.net . I don't read japanese, so i dont know how to go about ordering?

John
Old 04-18-05, 10:58 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnGS4
I checked out the ones on Insurance-group.net from the link posted. Because they are for an Aristo, which is right-hand-drive, will there be any issues other than "slight" tweaking? Also, how "slight" is the tweaking that needs to be done? Or rather, how costly is it? Last thing, how can i obtain them from insurance-group.net . I don't read japanese, so i dont know how to go about ordering?

John
well if they are just the covers then the fitment is the only thing you worry about. the angle wont' be affected. the tweaking, at least on neo's, are pretty much some heating and bending. and then some patch up on top of it. it's not THAT hard, just some normal body work
Old 04-18-05, 11:12 PM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Anyone have a diagram of how to install the blinkers? I understand pictures much better than words, but if there are no pics, i will try to understand "Connecting Side Mirror Blinkers to GS** for Dumbies" instructions. Any info on how to order these? They are around 275 so i fig. that isn't too bad.

John
Old 04-19-05, 03:58 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JohnGS4
Anyone have a diagram of how to install the blinkers? I understand pictures much better than words, but if there are no pics, i will try to understand "Connecting Side Mirror Blinkers to GS** for Dumbies" instructions. Any info on how to order these? They are around 275 so i fig. that isn't too bad.

John
Easy, run the wires into your fenders and just splice into your sidemarkers in your bumpers. So it will blink in conjunction with your sidemarkers. If I were you, I'd completely remove the sidemarkers for a clean look.
Old 04-19-05, 04:55 AM
dwoods420
Lead Lap

Wow, GammaLex.
I thought that about that seller. kmconnect ripped me off also. I bought the worst set of tail lights EVER.

When this seller euro-customs poped up I thought it was him. I did ask him if he was the same guy and he said no. I saw they sold alot of they same stuff and he had a answer for everything. Very fishy.

Quick Reply: GS Blinker Mirrors