GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

ever just look at your GS and smile

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-05, 05:47 PM
Blue98Gs3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my opinion, if you don't have another car to drive, you get used to luxury of the GS. I sometimes drive my mom's 99 suburban to haul exhaust pipes, wheels, car parts basically,

After driving that beast, getting in my GS and rolling around in it, its plain amazing, I love every moment I can get in that car. and I cant wait til the end of this month when I hope to have it even more complete, so i can sit on a lawn chair and stare at my beautiful car that looks like its brand spanking new.

You guys have no idea the amount of crap I got for having the GS as my first car in high school. I got so many, rich little bastrd comments and such, when really it was the fact that instead of buying 40k tahoe's and stuff, I researched, got an older luxury car that outdoes anyone elses car.

I love walking out to my car everyday after school, and just am so happy with everything the car offers.
Old 04-17-05, 05:58 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I enjoy getting off work and walking out to my car. I always get excited to see the car, and I cant wait to get in it to go home. Most of the time I take the long way home to get the extra time in the car, especially if it has been a bad day. I wont keep the car forever but I am planning on keeping it once I get a new car and using this as my daily driver.
Old 04-17-05, 06:04 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Everytime when i take my Gf's Car out. I stare at my GS while leaving the drive way. She always says, "Stop staring at your car."

Just hope one day i dont back up into another car while staring at my lex.
Old 04-17-05, 06:07 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue98Gs3
In my opinion, if you don't have another car to drive, you get used to luxury of the GS. I sometimes drive my mom's 99 suburban to haul exhaust pipes, wheels, car parts basically,

After driving that beast, getting in my GS and rolling around in it, its plain amazing, I love every moment I can get in that car. and I cant wait til the end of this month when I hope to have it even more complete, so i can sit on a lawn chair and stare at my beautiful car that looks like its brand spanking new.

man tristan my other car is an 88 toyota camry you have no idea how it feels to be in that

POS and you see some hot chick and you feel like "If you only KNEW " LOL

i usd to have a 2000 4 runner but the Lease was up ..next truck FJ cruiser
Old 04-17-05, 06:27 PM
tofu_house
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by T.L.W.
man tristan my other car is an 88 toyota camry you have no idea how it feels to be in that

POS and you see some hot chick and you feel like "If you only KNEW " LOL

i usd to have a 2000 4 runner but the Lease was up ..next truck FJ cruiser
i have a nissan pathfinder as a winter car, and simply a beater. The mom has a 95 4runner and dads got a chevy van that has enough space for me to put my GS in... kinda...

anyways, after driving my pathfinder to school and back, i come home to see the GS sitting in the driveway. I get in it and head down to 7-11 to get some snacks and to feel the GS. i simply love getting in the car. i love staring at it. i love thinking about it. i just love my GS. i love it as much as i love ...

btw, three girls were leaving 7-11 the other day as i was pulling in with my GS. the brunette (i knew her from middle school but she didn't know who i was because i went through a drastic change in appearance and now i go to a private school ) was the driver and it just so happened she had an IS. I said Hi Jess and she looked puzzled. Then we went through a whole convo and she finally found out who I was. and in the end she told me she loved my GS. oh man did it feel good. and she was looking mighty fine herself in her IS. I just told her i liked her IS.
Old 04-17-05, 06:32 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Thanks !

WOW really .... thanks man

let me roll out the welcome wagon

any pics of that ride ..

Appreciate the warm welcome . I'll try to post some pics once my digital camera is charged up.

Last edited by natnut; 04-17-05 at 06:36 PM.
Old 04-17-05, 06:37 PM
dmodstl
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
Most of the time I take the long way home to get the extra time in the car, especially if it has been a bad day.
I do the same. In fact, sometimes I'll stay a little bit later to let traffic clear up a bit before I take the long-way home. Very therapeutic.
Old 04-17-05, 07:46 PM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Johnny, i'm on my 18th month of ownership and i still think my car is the hottest thing on the road. It's absolutely beautful. No matter how much i change it, it's still the same beautiful car.

John
Old 04-17-05, 07:51 PM
BlkGS3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JohnGS4
Johnny, i'm on my 18th month of ownership and i still think my car is the hottest thing on the road. It's absolutely beautful. No matter how much i change it, it's still the same beautiful car.

John
The dedication brings tears to my eyes
Old 04-17-05, 07:54 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

After 4 months of owning this car all I can say is wow everything about this car is amazing and thanks to Club Lexus my car is comeing along very well I must say. And my wallet like's to thank all you guy's to. Johnny what a good thread to start truely a proud Lexus GS owner you are thank for all the good threads you post up every DAY man do you ever sleep NIGHT & DAY your a junkie C.L.A here you come
Old 04-17-05, 08:49 PM
ddarbs55
Lead Lap

JOHNNY,
great thread to start, bro. i celebrate 5 years of ownership in a couple of weeks and i
keep telling my wife that i'm holding onto the car for another 10 years. i really do smile
when she's looking shiny and clean. (HEY, HEY!! i'm talking about the car!! LOL) i still get compliments on it even though it's pretty much stock.
there's just somthing about the car that doesn't get "old". i think that, for me, it'll always be
a timeless car that i'll love to drive and take care of.
-d.
Old 04-17-05, 08:55 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dave

i love how you guys are posting up

i know when the 3rd gen came out some guys jumped ship

i love my car too much to jump ship now

we needed a little love for the 2nd gen pumped in here

in a month or so im going to post up

"If you love your 2nd Gen post those Pics !!!@!!!!

Old 04-17-05, 08:58 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i know when the 3rd gen came out some guys jumped ship
Not going anywhere. I like this ship.
Old 04-17-05, 09:42 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

LOL, I never get to see my car. It's always sitting half dead at some shop or garage getting something done to it. I guess I can correlate more to what TTurbopimp's feeling right now....
Old 04-17-05, 10:26 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

being honest the only thing a 98-05 ever really needs is a TTE lip just to complete that front

and you are set
Well, I have been putting off getting my TTE lip, TLW, because something always comes up where I don't seem to have the extra money to order it. But I agree, I think it totally completes the car. I can't believe I don't have that lip yet.

Well, I know why...I was hoping to order the JP tails and the TTE lip at the same time, just so I can subtely transform the front and rear of the car at the same time. And the JP tails or so expensive, I haven't had the $2k to buy both, like I want.

I must do it before June though (before summer).

I am a relatively new owner of a 2001 GS430 (October 2004 when I purchased). And I have to say, I love the car....it grows on me weekly.

I love the solid, compliant ride...yet also being able to boogey around a corner or offramp at amazing speeds at the touch of a button (love those Tein CS'). I scare many people who ride with me when I just barrel into a turn, with no brakes applied, and that big GS holds, sets, then holds firm as I power around the turn at illegal speeds. Passengers hold on for dear life, thinking it's gonna roll right over, and it just hangs on and sticks. Man, do I love that....

I love the fact that it's a quiet, serene car at normal throttle position, yet when I hammer it, it sounds like a damn monster under the hood with that SRT hiflow intake. Thanks to Mo at SRT, he built me a box that quieted the noise about 50% which is just about right. Without the box, it's just too damn loud ALL the time. Now, I only hear it until about 75% throttle. Perfect.

I love the fact that I can completely smoke the tires when I want when I floor it, with the help of the aftermarket torque converter. I wish I could have a manual LSD though, so I could burn rubber when I want, and yet also grip at full throttle from a standstill when I want too. I am greedy. I want the best of both worlds. I need a good tire-burning session every now and then....just 'cause.

I love the fact that the trunk is lined so well with sound-proofing, because when I added my sub and amp for more bass, it didn't take much at all to get the rattle out of the rear of the car. Most trunks have horrendous rattle, inside and outside the car....unless you spend lots of time and energy dynomatting the entire trunk...which sometimes doesn't help as much as you'd think. I've heard some awful rattling trunks, even fully dynomatted. Lexus built such a solid trunk that I could easily get most of the rattle out just with the use of some foam. Thanks, Lex.

Lastly, I love the regular attention the car gets.

Here's a great story (of a few great Lex stories I have since the October-purchase):

Last month, I pulled up to Toys-R-Us to get my neice some "Little People" because she loves those friggin' things (if you have young kids, you probably know what "Little People" are). It took me a while to get out of the car when I parked because I was gathering up some stuff to take in. Anyway, a lady pulls up next to me in her 1st Gen GS (black). She immediately got out of her car and just gushed all over my car. "I love the color. It's beautiful." I have that dark mountain cherry color, which is a rare color on the GS (a color I was not that fond of when I bought the car, thinking it was too feminine. Well, the ladies love it, but so do guys.) "How long have you had it?" she asked. I told her and then we just starting chatting about the 1st, 2nd and 3rd gen GS. She loved her 1st gen, but she said she was ready for a 2nd gen. And she said, "And I want THAT color."

She was an older lady, about mid-40s (I'm 36, so not THAT much older ). Totally adorable, short, brunette, with glasses.

And, ironically, she knew alot about cars. She knew my car had been lowered....and my car really doesn't ride that low. I told her about the Teins, showed her how it worked, and then showed her the HiFlo intake. She was blown away at all the mods. I laughed and told her to go to clublexus.com, so she could see some REAL modded GSes. Mine really isn't that modded at all, compared to many here at CL. Of course, I mentioned ClubLexus several times because this is where it all began for me, even before I had bought my car.

Well, after talking about cars for like 45 mins in the parking lot, we finally exchanged numbers ......because she was already looking for a 2003 GS430...and wanted me to help her look for one, my exact color. I said of course.

She has turned out to be a great person, as we have done dinner a few times, and gone for rides in my car....just so she could get a good feel for the car. She has driven my car quite often, and she is an excellent driver (and I don't say that about many people). I see why though...turns out she has a 1986 Porsche 911 that she adores (she being an avid Porsche fan, and I am too!) LOL We located a dark mountain cherry GS in Ohio, a 2002 with low miles, 22,000 miles. A private owner. She is hoping to buy that one. We may actually meet the guy together in Pennsylvania next week. She is wavering a little now though. She's seriously considering the Audi A6 Quattro because she's really concerned about buying another rearwheel car as a daily driver (and she doesn't want a truck). I can't blame her.

I already know I will know this lady for a longggg time. She is really cool. And her and my g/f get along great too (my girl being a car nut too). That's a plus for sure that they get along so well. She said she's tried to get into CL, but for some reason, she said she hasn't been able to log into the forums. I gotta work with her on that...we just haven't ever been near a computer.

This is just one of my really cool Lexus stories. It's a special car, and the fact that it is built like a rock, making it so damn reliable (which is the main reason I bought the car instead of the 540i Sport) is a HUGE cherry on top of it all.

I really want to drive my Lex across country. It's a great road car, with enough space, comfort, quietness and speed to handle all the chores of a cross-country trip...along with being very reliable. So, I hope to do it no later than 2006. I want to see the USA in my Lex. I hope I can make it happen.

Last edited by KevinGS; 04-18-05 at 07:12 PM.

Quick Reply: ever just look at your GS and smile