GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

ever just look at your GS and smile

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-05, 01:10 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

well i will put up a sad story.... lately i have been seeing my gs4 and kinda feel sad..... TWO TIMES in a roll already..... i washed my cars and the next day it rained, and it ONLY rained for one or two days and then sunny......

and now all the wax are gone, bird poop marks, water stains, leaves... sigh..... it's sad, my car is like screaming for help

i guess it's time for spring time super detailing
Old 04-18-05, 04:50 AM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i smile everytime i step inside my GS for a ride, cuz I know that the ride that I am about to take, won't be under 80mph!!!!

I also smile, when I come out of a bar to find ppl leaning against my car like they wanna call it theirs, but the smile doesn't come when I walk out the door to see them against my car, the smile comes a bit later when I hit my remote start and they are like WTF, their spot is now blown and the realization hits that the GS is indeed MINE!!!!!
Old 04-18-05, 07:57 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll usually find myself in my bedroom window looking out at my GS while it's in the driveway. I look like a kid waiting for Santa. I love my car and all I have to do is think about it and I smile.
Old 04-18-05, 08:14 AM
bmgs400
Lexus Champion

Oh yeh, I do too. Makes me smile to know it'll be around for many more miles...years...and still look good.
Old 04-18-05, 09:16 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

alot of great responses

anyone else ?
Old 04-18-05, 09:27 AM
YellowRace
Driver

I have my GS300 for less than a week so far. I'm still in that honey-moon stage.
Everyone that sees and test drives my car has a big smile and can't imagine how smooth the acceleration is.

And I'm thiking in my head .... 'that's right!".
Old 04-18-05, 09:58 AM
JyGS430
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Neo
I sometimes take a break from working late at night and just go sit in the car. It helps me to relax knowing that it's mine.
I see I'm not the only one who likes to sit inside the GS when its just parked in the garage. It just feels good in the leather seats, plus the ML system just sounds so much better than my home theater for music.
Old 04-18-05, 10:46 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

My boyfriend drove the GS for the first time since the new suspension, wheels and zaino, and he was in awe at how it feels and flies out there, since he's so used to our ML now.

The car garners alot of stares and even more attention and he was so uncomfortable with all the attention, that he didn't want to drive it home after we let the theater. I was more then happy to get behind the wheel again
Old 04-18-05, 11:47 AM
rheiy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had my gs4 for 3 1/2 years now. I smile everytime I get in and start it up. In fact, since my mods, I smile even more now than I did when I 1st bought it.
Old 04-18-05, 11:53 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rheiy
I've had my gs4 for 3 1/2 years now. I smile everytime I get in and start it up. In fact, since my mods, I smile even more now than I did when I 1st bought it.
That's me in a few years...still happy with it!!!!

Old 04-18-05, 02:25 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts
Talking

Same here. Just got home from work and said damn that looks good. I still can't beleive i have it.. I stare at it all the time and waiting for my next day off to give it a good wax... 2 weeks now of ownership...
Old 04-18-05, 02:39 PM
bmgs400
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JyGS430
I see I'm not the only one who likes to sit inside the GS when its just parked in the garage. It just feels good in the leather seats, plus the ML system just sounds so much better than my home theater for music.
Yeh, I've camped out in mine while work was being done on my house. Hum...hotel room in Manch-vegas NH or a dark-peaceful night in the GS in my driveway, favorite music playing...beer and munchies not far away. People thought I was nuts...I would just reply "it's a Lexus ya know."
Old 04-18-05, 03:49 PM
GS3Tek

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts
Talking

Good topic TLW
I bought mine cpo back in 99 with 6k miles and now at 120k, it still makes me smile
I smile a lot more now that I've seen the 3rd gen GS(no offense, even my wife agrees),
I'm smiling again now that we leased our GX which means the GS is a keeper, and now that my wife is helping me pick out the wheels, I'm smiling even more .
Old 04-18-05, 03:54 PM
NoRyceGS4
Lexus Test Driver

yep everytime i take out the trash i have to go through the garage. i always pause for about 5 mins just to look at my baby for a while. and every chance i get ill jump into the GS, pickup grocery items one at a time lol
Old 04-18-05, 04:36 PM
phunkyGS
Lead Lap

I love my baby, too...especially now that it is starting to get some personality with the kit and exhaust on. Just a little while longer and it'll have some new shoes, too, along with some other goodies. I can't help but walk out to the garage every once in a while and take a peek. And driving...pure pleasure!!!

What's even funnier is how my mom & pops treat my car. When I go home to Tampa, my parents clear the garage for me to make sure the GS stays nice and clean. If I need to go out, my pops practically forces me to drive his car to make sure nothing happens to it. He says that he'd rather have his car marred than have something happen to my beautiful car. And I thought my parents were protective of me and my sister.

Jeff

Quick Reply: ever just look at your GS and smile