GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

ever just look at your GS and smile

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-05, 08:20 PM
GSHooked
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know exactly how you all feel. Mine is garaged and I make it my business to go and look at it everyday. I only drive it on the weekends and since my little guy loves to just get in the GS and pretend to drive, I get into my GS everyday. I've even fell asleep in the car only to wake up the next day. Everytime I exit the car I look back at it with amazement. My buddy told me the other day, it's real, it's not a dream.
Old 04-19-05, 03:52 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GSHooked
I know exactly how you all feel. Mine is garaged and I make it my business to go and look at it everyday. I only drive it on the weekends and since my little guy loves to just get in the GS and pretend to drive, I get into my GS everyday. I've even fell asleep in the car only to wake up the next day. Everytime I exit the car I look back at it with amazement. My buddy told me the other day, it's real, it's not a dream.
you really are hooked

welcome to CL

coming to huge meet in august ?
Old 04-19-05, 04:07 AM
Dsmart
Pole Position

I had my car at the shop for the night and when it was ready, I had to camp out at the delearship overnight expecting to see it the next day. (so who wins this one?)
Old 04-19-05, 09:09 AM
jonathancl
Racer

Received 365 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Dsmart
I had my car at the shop for the night and when it was ready, I had to camp out at the delearship overnight expecting to see it the next day. (so who wins this one?)
Oh you so win.

My girlfriend makes fun of me for staring at my car. Staring at it when I can see it parked far away. Staring at it, looking behind me as I walk away. Staring at it in the driveway through the living room windows.

My favorite is the remote starter, though. I like to imagine she wakes up as I approach with that fabulous initial V8 rumble that fades immediately to a soft purr.

Hmm... Yeah. I do have an unhealthy relationship with my car...

Putting L-Tuned struts in this weekend. Yay.
Old 04-19-05, 08:02 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I am also guilty of the "head turn" as I walk away from the car. When I park it in a store parkling lot, I park far away, in hopes to avoid door dings- this also gives me more time to look at the car when I walk back out of the store...

Sometimes I can't believe it's really mine... and I can't go ANYWHERE without getting a "nice car, man" or a "sweet ride, dide." Getting gas requires 20 minutes due to the inevitable spectator interview.

The other day I was returning from L.A. with my brother and a friend of ours on the CB Racing pit crew. We passed a guy (he was to my right side) on a REALLY nice stretched chopper... blue with silver flames, chrome frame- easily a $50K+ bike... next thing I know, he is motoring around me on the left side- pulls up next to me and throws a big thumbs up. Now THAT"S respect!!

Even old ladies ask "what kind of car is that? It's really pretty."
Now, If I could just get 20-40 year-old women to approach me....
Old 04-19-05, 08:17 PM
sincitygs4
Driver School Candidate

[IMG]jpeg[/IMG] i celebrated my one year of ownership two days ago, and it still feels like i just bought it. when ever i get behind the wheel im all smiles .i dont stop smilin until i get back home.i havent started mods yet , but when i do i think i will start with an exhaust system. the first time i saw the 2nd generation i knew i had to have one .
Old 04-19-05, 08:58 PM
Dsmart
Pole Position

socalsc4 where are the pics of that I need to see that (pics of the car that makes people turn their heads, are you the one with the white custom SC?) or is that clean sC?
Old 04-19-05, 09:56 PM
flossn
Lead Lap

I love the stories, keep them coming!!
I've had my car for almost a year now, one month to go

Here's how I met my car:

After looking for awhile, i eventually found a spectra blue GS400 but it was in cleveland so through dealer connections, i bought it over the phone and flew out to pick it up. After I landed, i had to ride with a wierd cabbie for a hour until he dropped me off at the car, I remember seeing it in the distance as we rolled into the lot., Unreal....

After picking it up, I went to the nearest hotel where i had reservations, woke up the next morning, looked out at the car and just smiled. I knew a 11 hour drive was ahead of me, but it didn't mater, I would enjoy every minute of it. There was no one to talk to, just some of my favorite music (311) to blast all the way to Minneapolis.

A trip not to be forgotten
Old 04-20-05, 04:08 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by flossn
I love the stories, keep them coming!!
I've had my car for almost a year now, one month to go

Here's how I met my car:

After looking for awhile, i eventually found a spectra blue GS400 but it was in cleveland so through dealer connections, i bought it over the phone and flew out to pick it up. After I landed, i had to ride with a wierd cabbie for a hour until he dropped me off at the car, I remember seeing it in the distance as we rolled into the lot., Unreal....

After picking it up, I went to the nearest hotel where i had reservations, woke up the next morning, looked out at the car and just smiled. I knew a 11 hour drive was ahead of me, but it didn't mater, I would enjoy every minute of it. There was no one to talk to, just some of my favorite music (311) to blast all the way to Minneapolis.

A trip not to be forgotten
great story flossn

id like to hear more about the cabbie
Old 04-20-05, 05:32 PM
rudeboi
Rookie

What's crazy is that I thought I was a herb for doing that. Fresh after a self done or even a paid for car wash you park it in front your crib and you laugh. I get out of school walk hit my key door unlocks and I smile. I thought i was the only one. Great to see there are others like me. Funny thing is even my boy sees my car (he drives it from time to time) and when he sees it he smiles for me. The GS is amazing man it's like hearing your favorite music album every time you look at it. Oh yea and I have a 99 gs 300 I bought it last august in a dealership in Queens (NY in case you don't know) was about to get a 98 gs 400 but the exterior wasnt as clean so i kinda settled for the 99 gs300. Waited one day because I had to insure it. Picked it up the next day a little sad because the 98 had navigation and black exterior but then I hopped in MY silver GS 300 and immediately fell in love. I believe the first 2 CD's I put in the changer was Jay-Z "the Blueprint" and Raekwon "Only Built for Cuban Linx" That's my story

Last edited by rudeboi; 04-20-05 at 05:36 PM.
Old 04-20-05, 05:36 PM
Dsmart
Pole Position

yea flossen, tells us more about the cabbie, I had to have one to when I made a 15 hour bus ride to go and get mine and then a 45min cab ride
Old 04-20-05, 05:37 PM
Celsior Master
Lexus Test Driver

i have no feelings for my gs. think it's too new... in fact if my LS were in danger i would probably "throw" the gs in front so it could take the hit instead
Old 04-20-05, 05:39 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Dsmart
socalsc4 where are the pics of that I need to see that (pics of the car that makes people turn their heads, are you the one with the white custom SC?) or is that clean sC?
Here's my daily thumper...
Uh, I guess my name is a bit misleading; my car is actually not an SC... long story on that.
Basically, I gave up on trying to find a clean 2000+ SC 400 and bought a GS 400 instead.

(see my sig for specifics)

Blackwood interior is almost done!!
Attached Thumbnails ever just look at your GS and smile-gsbeachmedium.jpg  
Old 04-20-05, 07:22 PM
Rich27
Lexus Test Driver

I feel pretty lucky being able to have and drive a GS.

Everytime I drive and look at it, I feel so blessed.

A lot of you guys like to go fast, but I love to crank the music up a little and just cruise.................
Old 04-20-05, 08:08 PM
GSHooked
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by T.L.W.
you really are hooked

welcome to CL

coming to huge meet in august ?
I'll be at the meet in August.

Quick Reply: ever just look at your GS and smile