GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

L-Tuned SideSkirts vs.Veilside Exec Sides

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-05, 12:36 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default L-Tuned SideSkirts vs.Veilside Exec Sides

After having some extra money from taxes, I think I am finally ready to start trying to put together a nice bodykit for my Lex.

I like the Veilside Exec rear ALOT, but the LSportline is so damn clean. I am definitely getting the TTE Lip for the front. That's a done deal, I think. LOL

I am trying to match the side skirts now. It SEEMS that the LTuned sides is just an add-on peice to the bottom of the siderails. However, the Veilside Exec side skirts look like they actually replace the bottom sideskirts of the GS, and since they bow out more, it gives the car a wider-body look....at least to my eye. I

Is that correct? Are the LTuned side skirts even still available? I also like the LSportline Sides, but I don't know if I like the LSportline sides with the Veilside rear. The LTuned sides with the Veilside Exec rear may work though.

Hmmmm... It's a tough call.

Overall, I like the cleanliness of the LSportline sides and rear. It's a very subtle, but nice overall Lexus kit.

The Veilside rear and sides are clean too, but more aggressive aesthetically.

What y'all think?

Any Veilside Exec rear/LTuned side skirts pix? Again, I like the Veilside rear, but want a more subtle sideskirt than the wide-body Veilside Exec side.
Old 04-25-05, 12:46 PM
LsportGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the best combo is TTE / L-Tuned / L-sportline rear .... Looks like they are made for eachother.

I have heard a couple people still buying the L-tuned leftovers... But they no longer make them.

Im looking for L-tuned grill / sides also...
Old 04-25-05, 01:01 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LsportGS4
I think the best combo is TTE / L-Tuned / L-sportline rear .... Looks like they are made for eachother.

I have heard a couple people still buying the L-tuned leftovers... But they no longer make them.

You don't like the LSportline sides? I kinda like those too, and they look good with the LSportline rear.

My hunch is only the Veilside sides look good with the Veilside rear.

I just don't know if I like the widebody-sides more than I like the slender look of the add-on LTuned sides.

Does anyone know if the LSportline sides are add-ons, or replacement widebody sides like the Veilside Exec?
Old 04-25-05, 01:07 PM
corkycal
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LsportGS4

agreed: think the best combo is TTE / L-Tuned / L-sportline rear .... Looks like they are made for eachother!!!

it doesnt help if the l-tuned and l-sportline are no longer made. it's harder to find nowadays.

there are a lot of people with this set-up because it blends very well.
Old 04-25-05, 01:08 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i am not 100% sure but i think the lsportline sides are replacement. i think rmm is the only add on sides?

anyway, my problem with lsportline sides is that the left and right are not symmetric... one side sticks out more than the other
Old 04-25-05, 01:15 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinGS
My hunch is only the Veilside sides look good with the Veilside rear.
I agree, especially with the flow of the grooves in the pieces. Unfortunately, I don't think the TTE lip will flow with the Veilside. The TTE is too subtle and not low enough to flow into the Veilside.

Does anyone know if the LSportline sides are add-ons, or replacement widebody sides like the Veilside Exec?
I am not sure of you definition of add on. The Veilside, L-Sportline, and L-Tuned are all replacements. The OEM one comes off the car and these go on.

The RMM is an add on.
Old 04-25-05, 01:20 PM
Neo
The One

Originally Posted by corkycal
it doesnt help if the l-tuned and l-sportline are no longer made. it's harder to find nowadays.
L-Tuned are no longer made. L-Sportline is still available through Dazz. The parts are just not called L-Sportline anymore.
Old 04-25-05, 01:28 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Thanks, all.

Neo, I think you may be right. Veilside rear and sides need a pretty agressive front end too.

Hmmmm...

I might try it anyway though, and then if it doesn't look right, I'll add a front-end peice.

Otherwise, I'll go with the LSportline rear and sides with the TTE Lip.

Rom, the peices are different on each side on the LSportline side skirts??? Wha-wha-WHAT? How is that? Why is that? Is it just a defect?????

Damn!
Old 04-25-05, 01:37 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Thanks, all.

Neo, I think you may be right. Veilside rear and sides need a pretty agressive front end too.

Hmmmm...

I might try it anyway though, and then if it doesn't look right, I'll add a front-end peice.

Otherwise, I'll go with the LSportline rear and sides with the TTE Lip.

Rom, the peices are different on each side on the LSportline side skirts??? Wha-wha-WHAT? How is that? Why is that? Is it just a defect?????

Damn!
yup that's right, neo found it first actually. one sides flares out more than the other. pretty weird especially if you have light color car
Old 04-25-05, 01:44 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My vote is for the Veilside Exec Sides Because a lot of people have the L-Tuned sides they were an option from the dealer that's why I say the Veilside's
Old 04-25-05, 01:47 PM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go with lsportline front and veiside sides and rear, just an awesome combo.
Old 04-25-05, 01:50 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rominl
yup that's right, neo found it first actually. one sides flares out more than the other. pretty weird especially if you have light color car
Neo, you got pix of this LSportline defect?

That sucks.

Then I will have to go with Veilside sides and rear, but now I have to find a front end that I like. I was hoping to put that TTE lip on, because I want to keep my clear corners.

Maybe I'll look at the Wald again, sides and rear.

Does ANYthing else look good with the TTE lip?
Old 04-25-05, 01:50 PM
svt5150
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Believe it or not, the LTuned sides and Vielside Exec. rear flow pretty good. PandaGS430 has that on his Lex and it looks damn good. He also has the Greddy Lip if you're interested. Also, CaptainBone has the LTuned/Veilside combo.
Old 04-25-05, 01:53 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

I really didn't want the Greddy Lip. And the LTuned sides are really hard to find now.

How much lower does the LSportline front sit, compared to the TTE lip?

Any comparison pix?
Old 04-25-05, 01:58 PM
Neo
The One

Originally Posted by svt5150
Believe it or not, the LTuned sides and Vielside Exec. rear flow pretty good. PandaGS430 has that on his Lex and it looks damn good. He also has the Greddy Lip if you're interested. Also, CaptainBone has the LTuned/Veilside combo.
The problem is that you just named 2 black cars. Black cars can hide a lot. I don't think Kevin's car is black.

Quick Reply: L-Tuned SideSkirts vs.Veilside Exec Sides