GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

RMM Body Kit - How well do they fit?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-01, 04:24 PM
JacobT

I ordered my RacingHart with +44 front and +45 rear. That's the GS offset. If you want the big lip in the front, you might need to order 9" for the front.
Old 06-16-01, 11:42 PM
MikeGS4PE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jacob - Will those offsets give me a larger lip in the rear? Do you have some pics of your car with a rear shot and side? If so, could you e-mail me some at gsmike400@hotmail.com. I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks
Mike
Old 06-17-01, 01:22 AM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

I think Lsportline looks better than RMM body kits, at least on the front, but RMM actually has a lot of potential to be customized. like what Martin did to HIS GS. Both kits are great, considering the poly urthrane material, just that i can't go with RMM's plain front bumper = P
Lsportline fits very nice, and good quality, I luv it every single moment once i have it. it's a bit more pricy tho
= P

Old 06-17-01, 02:59 AM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by manaray
one major point of difference in the RMM vs. Explosion is that the RMM used the stock foglights whereas the Explosion uses round ones...and the Explosion kit has a extra set of openings...

....but....

...After having a less than great conversation with some of the people over at RMM, I have decided NOT to go with their kit...as a matter of fact, I don't think I'll be buying ANYTHING from them...

I've also been entertaining another idea...the Esprit or Explosion kit with PIAA HID Foglights...since they're low, they shouldn't bother oncoming traffic...Eh, I dunno...the only thing that bugs about both kits is that they has a HUGE opening with no mesh...and since I don't have a innercooler yet, it'll look rather silly....I guess I could put a FAKE ONE THERE or I could just do up my own mesh (black of course)

I suppose I could stick to my original plan on do the Wise Sport kit...or a Quest Power kit...or...damn, no wonder why I don't have a body kit yet!

Manaray? Where can some nice mesh be purchased? I have the L-sportline grille and I really like it. It is all black, and after seeing how the TRD looked, I figured I would switch to the Silver mesh. I think it is really complimented by the way our headlights look.(it would also match our lights nicely) I checked Home Depot first, thinking certainly they would have a good selection of that type of mesh. They have NOTHING even close.(unless you wouldnt mind fabricating a rain gutter cover..hahaha)
I could just paint the existing mesh. But, what type of paint would give that "rubbery smooth" feel that the L-sportline mesh is covered in? Can you give me the name of the type of paint? Preferably from a can.
Thanks, Tiny
Old 06-17-01, 03:57 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Actually, I don't know where to get the mesh...I have some buddies that own bodyshops and they get all kinds of mesh...never asked where (never had a need)...

I've also see "laser cut" mesh too...kinda looks like sheet metal with ovals cut out of it (very small ovals of course)...I think Brabus uses that type of mesh....looks pretty cool...