GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Anyone Have 20 inch L-Sportlines?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-01 | 01:20 AM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

1340 is retail price, not that great really.

We usually get a little over 6100 for those with tires, not cheap by any means, but as with anything, a high price brings exclusivity.

Old 06-17-01 | 03:44 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Hey, anyone else notice that there are TWO different Lsportline Model 4's? (the 5 spoke wheel)?

One has "teardropped" shaped lug holes with a extra "line" around the outside of the spokes...

But if you look at the ones that are installed on the IS300, you'll noticed that the lug holes are ROUND and that the spokes have no extra outline...I think these look better...these were probably prototypes...maybe DAZZ thought they looked a little too much like like the Lownehart Ratsel's (LR-5's)...

Bobcat: Before you buy ANYTHING, tell me the best price you got for whatever you choose to get. I'll see if I can help ya out....
Old 06-17-01 | 04:20 AM
Bobcat
Pole Position

Manaray/others:

If I get the check I hope to get this week, I am tempted to just order my frickin wheels (I am a CPA that charges for my time by the hour. If I had been billing the time to clients that I have spent drolling and agonizing over which rim is right, 18 vs 20, blah blah blah .... I could have bought a set of L-Sportline and Lowenharts and Auto-Coutures).

My current first choice is L-Sportline Model 2 from 1stopcustomwheels.com for around $3750 delivered (no tires). My second choice is the Model 3 for around $2500 in chrome (????????) and 18's. Can't get silver. My third choice is MAE's in 19's or 20's for around $4000. My fourth choice is to buy a set of silver Rays Revolvers in 18x9 all around from Hiro for around $2500.

One thing that sucks is there are no retail wheel shops around me that I know of (Wash DC). Buying from dotcom's is frustrating as hell. I've spent a lot of time with David from GTAUtosports but I've heard he's real busy and not super reliable. This dude from Mayerlen Motorsports has dropped off the face of the earth. HRE is cool (cuz MO has great prices and is VERY reliable) but I'm not willing to wait 8 weeks and they don't have any dish wheels. Fikse is very cool but they don't have any dish style wheels.

It seems like if we want exotic wheels (Rays, MAE, Auto-Couture), we have to navigate the choppy seas of uncertainty and risk.

I want to buy a wheel from somebody with a rock solid reputation that is either IN STOCK or IN THIS COUNTRY. I ain't waiting, four, six, eight, ten bloody weeks for some freight container to make its way across the ocean from Japan. By the way, I called that guy Dayle from Kai Shin or something and left a message. He never called back. What a bunch of bozos.

Where is the MOST RELIABLE place to buy high-end wheels without getting your eyes gouged out? IS THERE SUCH A PLACE?

/s/ frustrated in DC
Old 06-17-01 | 04:22 AM
Bobcat
Pole Position

ErickG:

you said you bought your L-Sportlines locally, where did you get them?

:eek:
Old 06-17-01 | 05:37 AM
zushwa
Lead Lap

Bobcat

I live in Virginia Beach, about 3 hours south of DC, and I emailed the guys at L-Sportline and they said the closest place to get them was Atlanta!! :eek:

I don't know if there is somewhere closer north of DC but that's quite a hike for wheels.
Old 06-17-01 | 06:01 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Bobcat: My bad...the guys name is DALE (DAYLE is from another vendor!) from Shin-Kai (more on Shin-Kai later...)

It's hard to get JDM rims from someone who stocks them...especially if they're expensive/exotic rims...think about it, as a vendor, would you want to keep several sets of $4000+ rims in your inventory? I wouldn't! It's too costly to store them and you have to put the money out for these items to sit until someone buys them...most importers are small and don't have the capital to operate this way...one of the few the can and do operate in this manner is Dazz...but you can't order directly from them...

If you go to www.dazzmotorsports.com you'll see all the brands they carry...they usually have everything they list in stock.

I think you should figure out EXACTLY what you want first and then find a vendor. Waiting weeks or months to get what you want is the way to go. Don't settle with a rim just because you can get it right away...otherwise, you may regret it...

That price you got on the Lsporline Model 2's, what size (diameter and width) is it and is that price for silver or chrome? PM me...

And there is no ONE place to buy every rim unfortunately...you have to shop around based on which rim you're getting...

As for Shin-Kai...I'm putting together a post about them...I would hold off buying ANYTHING from them until you read my post....
Old 06-17-01 | 01:11 PM
Dazz5627
Driver

Default What do you think about these

I was just checking out the LSportline site and came across these. What do you think? Anyone know a price on these? These are the Model 4's.

Old 06-17-01 | 03:27 PM
Erick G
Lexus Test Driver

Bobcat

I bought them from a shop called NO LIMIT on Belair RD
in Baltimore MD

I can get you the phone # if you like..

they can get any rim you want

thanks

Old 06-17-01 | 04:53 PM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

We are 1/2 hr away from Dazz, I probably go there like twice a week at least for one reason or another, two of the salesmen are borrowing my personal cars, I have any of their employees' cars here for work at any time, and I won't bs anyone about what's in stock there or not. Not sure if this is reliable enough of a Dazz/LSportline/Racing Hart/Lowenhart/etc. connection, but sounds like everyone keeps dealing with flaky dealers out there time and time again for some reason.

If you order something and it's in stock here or there, it will most likely get shipped that day.

Any 4-8 week wait is for items that have to be ordered from Japan. If it is anything less than that, it's probably already on the way. That's the true story on this stuff, if anyone tells you otherwise they are lying to you.

Our pricing is nonarguably competitive with anyone who sells this stuff plus we are an authorized dealer, not someone getting a "hookup" groupbuy with a friend that works there or some dotcom person at home that does will call customer pickups from a remote location.

Old 06-17-01 | 07:57 PM
Bobcat
Pole Position

DoubleWhoosh...

you said that "we are an authorized dealer..."
who is we?
are you with Dazz?

Old 06-17-01 | 11:21 PM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

Umm no this is a shop in the LA area, specializing in Lexus automobiles.

We do a pretty large volume of wheels/tires by mail for Lexus and all vehicles, including Mercedes and BMW.

Last edited by DoubleWhoosh; 06-17-01 at 11:24 PM.
Old 06-18-01 | 12:37 AM
Erick G
Lexus Test Driver

DoubleWhoosh

Can you get ALSTADT V Wheels? 18" chrome

let me know

thanks

erick
Old 06-18-01 | 10:20 AM
redjeeper
Intermediate

Has anyone tried Sprewell yet? He has a good selection of wheels on his website.
Old 06-18-01 | 03:33 PM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

Lucky for you, AKT is literally 3 blocks from my house! Unlucky for everyone is that they usually don't have a whole lot of Altstadt wheels in stock.

Those are 2100 for 18x8.5/18x10 in silver, but apparently not in stock at the distributor (AKT). They can be ordered, but it's the same story of waiting 4-6 weeks.

They don't have the humongous warehouse space like Dazz or CEC, so they don't sit on a lot of the slower moving stuff like the Altstadts. Their prime brand is the 5zigens, which they have most applications in stock.

Old 06-18-01 | 06:44 PM
Erick G
Lexus Test Driver

I think i need 18x7.5 or 18x8 in chrome

does your price include tires?

wholesalewheel.com has them for $2550 with tires not sure if thats chromed or not

thanks