GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Automan's GS First Look at Finished Product

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-05 | 08:43 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

nice show car. we need a pic with all doors, trunk hood shut to actually see what it looks like.
Old 05-01-05 | 09:01 AM
LsportGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Looks cool...

Now get some 01+ Tails!!
Old 05-01-05 | 04:07 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by BrianGS430
car doesn't look half bad at all ! Awesome job to be different and it'll definitely be a show car winner.

is it my type of styling, no. But its what you think that counts and for what you're going for at shows, the GS really says it all. Some new tail lights are in need though

overall, not looking too shabby.

his car looks wayyyy better than NYwizards car. Both GS were meant to shows and to really standout, but automan's GS says it a little differently than NYwizard.

good work !

i saw the wizards car today at Englishtown Nj

he was selling CarsgoneWild and he was on the cover with 2 chicks

i was tempted to buy one ..but decided not too

he had plenty of first place trophies...hes also upgraded to Lambo doors as well

i didnt take any pics ..sorry //.....i wish i could have shown you the duct tape wrapped aorund the Ebrake and the interior coming apart lol

but anyway

automan it looks great for shows ....good luck this year man
Old 05-01-05 | 04:47 PM
suge66
Pole Position

Default Looks good

Looking sweet, what part of va your in?
Old 05-01-05 | 05:53 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

I like what you got going there I just think your car needs different wheels now
Old 05-01-05 | 06:20 PM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

yo man.. i like the doors and the sytem(but think you need to make some wood panels and suede or rwrap ion leather to finsih out the trunkk..
also i like th epaint,,.., definately will score lots of point at the shows..

few questions tho
the doors are from decah.net RIGHT?
also can u give me some info on that TV on your trunk lid.. is it an accele tv?

the doors how are they holding up since instllin them? the hinges sstill strong?
Old 05-01-05 | 06:39 PM
LasVegasGS
Lead Lap

The paint looks so much better then I thought it would turn out Very nice trunk setup also must be heavy as a B$^CH tho?

Also tell me about your air intake more pics of that please
Old 05-02-05 | 11:28 AM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by suge66
Looking sweet, what part of va your in?

I live in Fredericksburg, VA. What about you guys?
Old 05-02-05 | 11:30 AM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LasVegasGS
The paint looks so much better then I thought it would turn out Very nice trunk setup also must be heavy as a B$^CH tho?

Also tell me about your air intake more pics of that please
The intake is an SRT intake just like yours but I added a Blitz filter to it. The darn filter cost almost $300! Anyway I just had it painted to match the car.
Old 05-02-05 | 11:38 AM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

the paint looks top notch...rims are wayyyyy too gawdy and so are the lambo doors, but hey if it wins you shows more power to you.....apparently that style is what wins shows...
Old 05-02-05 | 12:47 PM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

automan: are you and NYwizard related? your car and his car is the most overdone GS i've seen. I definately like yours better, perhaps coz of da lambo doors. Keep up the good work and good luck at the show scene.
Old 05-02-05 | 12:52 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

I am signing off clublexus.....
Old 05-02-05 | 01:28 PM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GSXOTIC
I am signing off clublexus.....

agreed...apparently the civic crowd has shifted and grown fatter wallets
Old 05-02-05 | 01:53 PM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by NT2SHBBY
agreed...apparently the civic crowd has shifted and grown fatter wallets

i hate to say it b/c i know automan spent $$$ on this GS but i can't say i like it. frankly, i'm very surprised that several people here seem to like this type of styling. i though that the reaction would be very different.

i would never mod a GS for the sole purpose of winning at a car show - i think thats a complete waste of $$ and makes no financial sense.

mod it b/c you like how it looks on your car and makes you happy not for the sole reason of winning a $20 trophy at a show. it can be a consideration but shouldn't be the SOLE consideration;

automan, best of luck to you - we just have different modification styles.

Peace,

T

Last edited by ted920; 05-02-05 at 06:44 PM.
Old 05-02-05 | 02:42 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Alright guys normally I don't respond to negative comments because this is an opinion based forum and I like to see what everyone thinks about everyone elses cars and ideas. But here is the way I look at it all of the stuff that we do is overkill. I had my car modified like this because I think it looks good as a matter of fact I think it looks great. And so do the people who stop me in the parking lot or at the gas station. So do the people who I have absolutely nothing in common with that have me roll down my window at a stop light so that they can tell me that my car is beautiful. I have had the car back about 24 hours and I can't tell you how many people love it. They probably would not even notice most other cars because they look normal or stock or just like everyone else's. People from ages 8-80 love to look at my car. It was not a financial decision it wasn't to win a $20 trophy. This car is my $40,000 trophy and it makes me happy to drive it. Now as far as mods go some people go for speed and spend tons of money to make there cars go fast. Why do they do that when the speed limit is 55-65 MPH? Is that a waste of money too? Come on guys this is our hobby and there is no need to try to belittle people or act like because they like something different that they are beneath you or ghetto or anything like that. I guess we Lexus owners are supposed to be to classy to be different well I apologize for bringing down the neighborhoods property value. All I am trying to say is we all like different things some of us are a little more flashy than others but it doesn't mean we have any less class than anyone else. But of course I always thought that Deion Sanders and Michael Irvin had some pretty nice outfits most of the time.

Quick Reply: Automan's GS First Look at Finished Product