GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Automan's GS First Look at Finished Product

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-05, 02:52 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Auto- I couldn't agree with you more...

mod away man. The biggest difference to me is that you didn't come off like an a$$ which is what the Wiz always did in the gallery. I would bash him cuz he would go in and write that his car was the hottest and that he was number one. We never cared how he modded his car but the attitude was the issue with that guy. You just came off and showed your ideas and hard work and money that you put into this car. that should be appreciated. you didn't come of smug just showing what you've been up too, thats fine with me man..If the others feel like leaving CL cus the way You mod Your car than let the door **** hit them on the way out..
Old 05-02-05, 03:18 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by Automan
All I am trying to say is we all like different things some of us are a little more flashy than others but it doesn't mean we have any less class than anyone else.

Automan

i have to show you much

you show a lot more class then some people on here

i actually suprised by some people's comments on here

i know what you are trying to do and believe me i know how expensive it can be

you are off to a great start .....

automan tries something different and you have to be negative about it

**** is one word that comes to mind

I'd be proud to be parked next to you at any show

i can only imagine the love your getting in VA right now

i know you will do well this year

keep those pics coming

Johnny

a hater is a person who is: full of hate, very judgmental, negative, sarcastic, depressing, manipulating, quick to finger point at every little thing they find unsatisfactory or not to their liking or perceived standard (judgmental).

Often the subject of the hatred is something widely liked by the hater's social circle. The hater often proves the addage that "misery loves company", and tries to ruin the enjoyment of others. Haters might see themselves as iconoclasts, rebels or even as being wiser/more authentic than the admirers of the subject. However, they are more likely just cynical and bitter about not enjoying the subject, or not being a part of the larger group. Instead of recognizing that it may be just a matter of personal taste or preference, they attack the subject and those enjoy it. Typically the things they propose as the flaws of the subject are trivial or subjective, and reveal more about the hater than any real flaws of the subject.

Last edited by T.L.W.; 05-02-05 at 03:24 PM.
Old 05-02-05, 03:28 PM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya the car looks god man. I actually like the paint scheme u have here. Sure it is a little wild but that is what YOU like. If people don't like it just dont say anything at all, no need to hate on the guy.
Ya ya i know this is a public forum where everyone can voice their own opinions and he asked what we thought but sometimes saying nothing is a whole hellava lot better than saying stupid ****.
Old 05-02-05, 03:30 PM
NoRyceGS4
Lexus Test Driver

DEFINITE props man! but if i can suggest something, it would be get rid of those amber bumper lights! That much money on the car and youre still sporting the ambers?
Old 05-02-05, 03:31 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NoRyceGS4
DEFINITE props man! but if i can suggest something, it would be get rid of those amber bumper lights! That much money on the car and youre still sporting the ambers?
ya dude those stock lights got to go!!
Old 05-02-05, 04:45 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NoRyceGS4
Where can I get some clear or even better blue?
Old 05-02-05, 06:53 PM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I guess the responses are mostly aimed at me, so I will clarify my position and apologize in advance if I came off as being overly harsh - didn;t mean to but rather to express an opinion. I thought about not making a post and now regret that I did.

I agree with the notion that you can mod your car in any fashion you desire - afterall, its your ride.
I'm glad that you modded it for your own enjoyment rather than only for shows.

Glad that you have received positive feedback and wish you the best of luck with the car.

Apologies for coming off harsh.

Peace,
T
Old 05-02-05, 06:56 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ted920
I guess the responses are mostly aimed at me, so I will clarify my position and apologize in advance if I came off as being overly harsh - didn;t mean to but rather to express an opinion. I thought about not making a post and now regret that I did.

I agree with the notion that you can mod your car in any fashion you desire - afterall, its your ride.
I'm glad that you modded it for your own enjoyment rather than only for shows.

Glad that you have received positive feedback and wish you the best of luck with the car.

Apologies for coming off harsh.

Peace,
T
mine werent Ted

ive got nuttin but love for you man

Old 05-02-05, 06:59 PM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by T.L.W.
mine werent Ted

ive got nuttin but love for you man

Thanks Johnny, I appreciate it.
Old 05-02-05, 07:08 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Automan, I am a firm believer that a man's class and stature is determined by his actions more than the things that he surrounds himself with. You have carried yourself very well here, not responding to negative criticisms with more negativity, but instead you always show great optimism about yourself and your car. For that I commend you. As many people would have agreed here, I've done quite a few things on my car that really invoke a flow of criticisms. However, I always stick by my decisions, because like you said, your car is your own personal trophy, and no one else can change that. The second I realized that, I could take any sort of comment from here (good/bad) in zest and I don't really let petty comments bother me any longer. Once again, congratulations on the MASSIVE amount of effort you have done for your car, and good luck at the show circuits.
Old 05-02-05, 07:41 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have carried yourself very well and get a lot of respect from me. You have modded your car the way you want to and you will definately do well at shows. Im sure you are out there breakin necks on the street Good luck with the shows and keep us updated on all your trophies
Old 05-03-05, 02:27 AM
SOFIA
Pole Position

i can hardly breathe!! GOD! i love ur car! no i dont love it! i'm madly in love with it!!