GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Preview Pics : New Wheels for D2-AUTOSPORT Project GS

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-05, 10:01 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Hameed
Forced Induction or a different front bumper? Or both?
Well, he has to show his products right? I assume this is the new bumper he will be selling.
Old 05-18-05, 12:08 PM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Did Derrick replace the rearview mirror with a screen / rear back-up camera combo?

Do tell.

Ted
Old 05-18-05, 12:43 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Guys, I guess I'm busted I was trying to keep the front of the car out of conversation until I got the fogs fitted but yes this is the new front bumper that we now carry. I ordered it a long time ago (when I thought there would be no more L-SPORTLINE), and have had it mounted a couple weeks back. Just like the authentic L-SPORTLINE, the bumper has no brakets for the fogs, so I have to have some fabricated, and things have just been so crazy. The whole ICE setup and wheels/tires were done last Thursday and friday!!

Hameed - no forced induction, but yes a new bumper.

Rominl - you know how I strive to put the best face forward and empty foglight holes in the bumper are driving me crazy, thus no pics from me!

Neo - you called it!!

Ted920- yes I added some ice stuff, only to attract prospective custoemers at shows (I was tired of people walking up at shows, looking at the outside, then peering inside the car and giving me that "wheres the rest" look). There is a 7" monitor in lieu of the rearview, a camera flush mounted in the 3rd brake light, a DVD player and a 15" drop down screen in the rear. I also added a amp sub yadda yadda yadda. All work was done at one of D2-AUTOSPORT's audio/visual partners - Rayco in Auburn, MA - (pm member Lexis11 for more assistance)
Old 05-18-05, 01:03 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

ah so this is the kit huh, indeed it looks just like the lsportline.

how about the sides, why you are not putting that on, derrick? i hope the fogs bracket would be here too, i think the car looks funny without it

the more i look at the pics the more i noticed that the wheels are pretty conservative? maybe both front and back could be pushed out more? especially the front?
Old 05-18-05, 01:24 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rominl
ah so this is the kit huh, indeed it looks just like the lsportline.

how about the sides, why you are not putting that on, derrick? i hope the fogs bracket would be here too, i think the car looks funny without it

the more i look at the pics the more i noticed that the wheels are pretty conservative? maybe both front and back could be pushed out more? especially the front?

nah its the pics and the rear camber. I have no fender mods at all, and you cant sqeeze a finger in the rear. The front tires are 235/35-20 and the front wheel is pretty aggressive on offset, but it doesnt stick out. Mathematically a 245/35 has a larger overall diamter than a 275/30-20 and it annoyed me that my rear tire had a sexy slight strectch, while the front tire was bulkier. I wanted them both to have the same sexy slight stretch, now they do

The bumper is a little lower than L-SPORLINE (maybe 15-25% more aggressive) and I like that. And yes, car looks like a damn rice rocket with no fogs!
Old 05-18-05, 02:10 PM
diddy
Rookie

d2, mad props on the rims. i actually got the sames ones mounted last mon on my gs . did you custom the size of the lips in the front and rear?
Old 05-18-05, 05:57 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

oh so the bumper is lower than the lsportline? i like that idea!
Old 05-23-05, 02:21 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
Hey Guys, I guess I'm busted I was trying to keep the front of the car out of conversation until I got the fogs fitted but yes this is the new front bumper that we now carry. I ordered it a long time ago (when I thought there would be no more L-SPORTLINE), and have had it mounted a couple weeks back. Just like the authentic L-SPORTLINE, the bumper has no brakets for the fogs, so I have to have some fabricated, and things have just been so crazy. The whole ICE setup and wheels/tires were done last Thursday and friday!!

Hameed - no forced induction, but yes a new bumper.

Rominl - you know how I strive to put the best face forward and empty foglight holes in the bumper are driving me crazy, thus no pics from me!

Neo - you called it!!

Ted920- yes I added some ice stuff, only to attract prospective custoemers at shows (I was tired of people walking up at shows, looking at the outside, then peering inside the car and giving me that "wheres the rest" look). There is a 7" monitor in lieu of the rearview, a camera flush mounted in the 3rd brake light, a DVD player and a 15" drop down screen in the rear. I also added a amp sub yadda yadda yadda. All work was done at one of D2-AUTOSPORT's audio/visual partners - Rayco in Auburn, MA - (pm member Lexis11 for more assistance)
Hey Derrick,
Any details and pics of the camera mounted in the 3rd brake light?? I have not seen or heard of this done on the GS. What camera did you use? Tell us more
Old 05-23-05, 06:03 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Any details and pics of the camera mounted in the 3rd brake light?? I have not seen or heard of this done on the GS. What camera did you use? Tell us more
Well I will talk about this for him if he doesnt mind. My shop actually did the installation of the camera and when we started to do the install we were not sure where to put it because Derrick wanted to keep his trunk lock which was understandable.
We then determined maybe in the third brake light but what seems to be a bit of a problem is it isn't high enough to clear the spoiler so we have to adjust it just a little.
Derrick will chime in I am sure but I just wanted to let you guys know how we came about the third brake light.
Old 05-23-05, 11:33 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lexis11
Well I will talk about this for him if he doesnt mind. My shop actually did the installation of the camera and when we started to do the install we were not sure where to put it because Derrick wanted to keep his trunk lock which was understandable.
We then determined maybe in the third brake light but what seems to be a bit of a problem is it isn't high enough to clear the spoiler so we have to adjust it just a little.
Derrick will chime in I am sure but I just wanted to let you guys know how we came about the third brake light.
Thanks,
Do you have any pics of the install? What kind of shop do you have?
Old 05-23-05, 11:37 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Sorry I dont have any pics of the install. I run an audio/electronic store.
Old 05-23-05, 04:56 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by GILLEXUS
Thanks,
gill, its just as lexis11 said, they did all the work (I dropped off the car and left), we still have a few tweaks to make, but I will get them done soon.

I have pics from SEMA, I'll post later. Honesly, I'm not much into the ICE stuff, I just put that stuff in there to get attention at shows! LOL

I will have to take specific system pics for you guys
Old 05-23-05, 05:08 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Hey guys, I got the damn fogs installed, heres a quick shot from SEMA IAS this weekend. More to come

Old 05-23-05, 06:16 PM
svt5150
Lexus Champion

The front bumper looks a little different than the real Lsport around the lower headlights or is maybe it's me? Looks great nun the less D.
Old 05-23-05, 11:03 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

derrick, will wait to see more pics of your car after this weekend. can't wait man

Quick Reply: Preview Pics : New Wheels for D2-AUTOSPORT Project GS