GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Teasers b/c you love *** lights....

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-05, 04:17 PM
DjFergi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh so pretty!! One of my favorite mods

-Fernando
Old 05-12-05, 06:17 PM
alredxiii
Lexus Champion

Justin always does such a top notch job on these...congrats man
Old 05-12-05, 07:47 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

The headlights look great. It seems like he does a great job on these. If I do this in the future I know where to get it done.
Old 05-12-05, 09:04 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

very nice, so finally you got what you wanted to have, congrats
Old 05-12-05, 09:19 PM
vicestan
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bah why so many people want the q45 projectors? only for the looks? . Those things look really clean because its pretty much a direct swap, since you take out the reflector the mounting points on the projectors are the same so its prety much a direct bolt on. As far as light output the q45 projectors are avarage meaning there in the same leauge as hella and bosh projectors. Believe it or not but our dear lexus makes the best projectors money can buy and the best once are the lexus ls projectors, the projector puts out about 3 times more light on the road then bmw or audo or benz projectors and it has the widest light spread due to the fact that it uses a reflector on the bottom to spread the light to the sides ( only projector to date to use that ). T L w you asked about paiting the inside and the answer is right there in front of you look at the projector when its on and look at all the glare, the light bounces of the refeltting surface on the bottom and is thrown in ur face. For those who like the q45 projectors then cudos to you but if your going to spend that much money on retro then why not buy lexus ls projectors or if you cant find any some rx330 and modify them and make all the benz and bmw guys look at your car at night and wonder how the hell is a gs putting out 3 times the amount of light there there 50+ k cars are and whos headlights are those? I see you have projectors in your high beams but there halogen? is it just for the look?
Old 05-12-05, 09:47 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i thought the lexus projectors are the same as that of the s2000, am i correct?
Old 05-12-05, 09:51 PM
vicestan
Lead Lap

Nope, there made by the same company (stanley) but s2000 projectors are different they dont have a reflector but there still the 2nd best projecotrs out there next to the lexus Ls.
Old 05-12-05, 10:08 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vicestan
Bah why so many people want the q45 projectors? only for the looks? . Those things look really clean because its pretty much a direct swap, since you take out the reflector the mounting points on the projectors are the same so its prety much a direct bolt on. As far as light output the q45 projectors are avarage meaning there in the same leauge as hella and bosh projectors. Believe it or not but our dear lexus makes the best projectors money can buy and the best once are the lexus ls projectors, the projector puts out about 3 times more light on the road then bmw or audo or benz projectors and it has the widest light spread due to the fact that it uses a reflector on the bottom to spread the light to the sides ( only projector to date to use that ). T L w you asked about paiting the inside and the answer is right there in front of you look at the projector when its on and look at all the glare, the light bounces of the refeltting surface on the bottom and is thrown in ur face. For those who like the q45 projectors then cudos to you but if your going to spend that much money on retro then why not buy lexus ls projectors or if you cant find any some rx330 and modify them and make all the benz and bmw guys look at your car at night and wonder how the hell is a gs putting out 3 times the amount of light there there 50+ k cars are and whos headlights are those? I see you have projectors in your high beams but there halogen? is it just for the look?
direct bolt on? go ahead and try it!

I opted for the Q45 projector mod because its a bit more rare and a bit more exclusive IMO. For me its worth it.... why'd think I wanted it for the extra 100 hp? dont hate.....

ppl buy ECE projectors b/c the cut off is sharper.... w/ amazing flicker effect. Lexus has awesome projectors also but its small, it doesn't fill out the space as well IMO. mainly I do it b/c its my car and i wanted to. Have a nice day!
Old 05-12-05, 10:34 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by vicestan
Nope, there made by the same company (stanley) but s2000 projectors are different they dont have a reflector but there still the 2nd best projecotrs out there next to the lexus Ls.
can you eleborate more? you saying that there is a different reflector inside the projectors of the lexus?

for sure though, on my sc430, the hid shine on the road is just amazingly bright
Old 05-12-05, 10:40 PM
vicestan
Lead Lap

No dont get me wrong im not hating, its just that there is a ton of the q45 retros especialy on the gs b/c of the large ammount of space. It is pretty much a direct bolt on b/c ive seen a retro being done and let me tell you that projector is HUGE. Ece projectors are cra with a capital P. The germans are losing the battle b/c take pretty much any stanley projector like the TL or the Tsx the Ls, the s2000 the rx330 and so on, then bend the sheild towards the bulb about 2 mm and walla the purple at the cut of will match pretty much any bosh or hella modded projector and then to add to that it will put on the road 2-3 times as much light.
Old 05-12-05, 10:45 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

see the thing is.... i've always driven at night, sometimes in caravans of nicely up'd vehicles.... when I see a Acura, Infiniti, S2000, Lexus come up on me from behind it just doesn't give me the same feeling as when an Audi or bimmer comes up in my rear view mirror..... that flicker is just insane and for me atleast it screams get out the way.... VIP coming thru.

The only other vehicle to come close to that is the S2000 imo.... .I've yet to get that from any Acura or Lexus.... but dont get me wrong.... it looks really nice driving up and the output is definitely bright, i'm not arguing w/ you there. It's just that flicker is so sexy!
Old 05-12-05, 10:48 PM
vicestan
Lead Lap

ok look you see thats the lexus LS projector on the very left and middle if you look closely it has a reflector under the projector lense, that reflector sends light to the sides spreading it farther then any other projector out there to the right is a bmw projector .

and here to show you the difference between a typical bmw projector output vs a lexus LS projector output try and guess which one's which

Last edited by vicestan; 05-12-05 at 10:55 PM.
Old 05-12-05, 10:53 PM
vicestan
Lead Lap

Uptown gs the crazy flickering you see is the blue/purple light which is bended by the optics. What if I told you that you can get more of that light from a lexus/stanley projector then any bosh or hella or valeo projector?. The reson you see it flicker so much is becase of the cars suspension, the tigther the suspension the more flickering you will see because the tighter it is the faster the car will move up and down and the longer it will take for the headlight leveling motors to adjust thus throwing that purple light crazy in ur face. If you have a luxury cary with a soft suspension then dont expect to see alot of flickering because your car will absorb most of the rough surface but the fact stands look at the previous picuture the first one is the output from a bmw 7 series headlight which uses a bi-xenon hella projector. The 2nd picture shows the lexus ls projector and all that light does make a big difference so no matter how much blue/purple you have at the cutof it wont matter if you dont have a stiff suspension.
Old 05-12-05, 11:00 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

if you can get my car to get that flicker then i'd pay you! hahaha.... too late as I already have Q45's which I'm not opting out anytime soon.

I can also add in that the new 06 GS also has amazing cutoff.... I tested it myself at Lexus of Westminster.... I'm not too familiar w/ the cutoffs but from my understanding of reading various info is that ECE is usually sharper then DOT.... I suppose the new Lexus projectors is seriously a new breed.... modified DOT?
Old 05-12-05, 11:09 PM
vicestan
Lead Lap

LoL the thing with our retors is that we dont have any leveling motors so thats a big plus as far as flickering goes. Buy the acura TL projectors and il tell you how to modify them it will take about 5 mins and you will get more color at the cut of then any bmw out there ( from factory that is ) then install them in the same place where ur q45 projecots are and Sell them b/c as you can tell by now you dont have much purple/blue at ur cut of . And no the ece projectors are not sharper they just put out a bit more light on the road b/c of the lense and the cutof sheild you see in the pictures the lexus projector has a very step light cut of ___I`````` and the bmw one is ____/```````` more like a slope well that sends the light farther but then again if you are retrofitting then you can always aiim them farther and get pretty much the same effect. Ive seen a few lexus 06 gs projecotor headlights on sale but I havent seen any cut of pictures, im sure there stanley but I just dont know how good they are yet.

Quick Reply: Teasers b/c you love *** lights....