GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Teasers b/c you love *** lights....

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-05, 02:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by vicestan
T L W you going to do a q45 retro also ??? and dont worry guys il make A D I Y soon, im already taking pictures through the process of my retro. Oh and rominl you got a sc? nice nice well I have never worked with sc projectors but I hear they are really good. by looking at the sc headlight Im pretty sure the lexus LS projectors can be fitted in there, the reflective surface on the bottom has to be cut a little to accomodate the reflector but other then that it should even work with your auto leveling motors . Im going to try and find some pictures of the sc output but I hear its really not bad at all so I dont think there worth retrofitting but as far as flickering goes im sure you can get more purple/blue at the cut of well im back to work on my headlight im kinda frustrated with the back of the housing but if what im about to do works out then its all gravy
yeah i have gs400 and sc430 used to have is300 as well but sold it already. i definitely want more flickering on my sc430, besides the shield, maybe i should get some clear lens instead of teh blur lens right now too.

we should definitely talk more when you are done with your headlights and have more time. not too many people on the sc430 forums are that hands on, so i wanna try something myself, and it's a big up hill road for me.

i need help
Old 05-13-05, 02:57 PM
maaloxx
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Envious

Those lights are sooo hot! Anyone wanna do this mod for me?
Old 05-13-05, 03:07 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if i can do it and do it well ...ill help you

let you know in a couple of week s
Old 05-13-05, 03:18 PM
vicestan
Lead Lap

Hmm clear lense well I dont know the diameter of the sc lense, il try to find out and yah definatly maybe the honda s2000 lense will fit. As far as doing retros ima see how confident I am once Im done with mine and il have people judge my work. TL W I forgot to tell u in pm but really consider painting the refelctive trim inside because you will get more defenition to your projector and alot less glare because as good as it might look you cant not feel bad for the incoming drivers.
Old 05-13-05, 03:38 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Hmm clear lense well I dont know the diameter of the sc lense, il try to find out and yah definatly maybe the honda s2000 lense will fit. As far as doing retros ima see how confident I am once Im done with mine and il have people judge my work. TL W I forgot to tell u in pm but really consider painting the refelctive trim inside because you will get more defenition to your projector and alot less glare because as good as it might look you cant not feel bad for the incoming drivers.
yeah people are telling me that the clear lens shoudl be the same, but i want to check to make sure of course. don't worry man, we will all wait for your pics. maybe i should get serious and start looking for sc430 headlights on ebay or something
Old 05-13-05, 03:53 PM
AA Concepts
Pole Position

Yeah my retro is a pain b/c of the way I mounted the projector but it does have enough clearence Im going to make the back look as clean as possible.
vicestan- I fabbed up some SUPER clean parts for additional clearence in the rear, same problem with the depth of the Q45s.
I can get you a set, Uptown post the pics of the rear of the lights.

*EDIT*
Here it is:

Last edited by LCA575; 05-13-05 at 04:07 PM.
Old 05-13-05, 04:21 PM
vicestan
Lead Lap

Nice housing man, very clean. Mine however will look a little messy but im tryint to make it as good as possible. One thing I will note is that in the future I will be using a diferent way of mounting projectorsor maybe not , actually mine look OK right now in the back I still have to paint it to make it look better but so far so good . Only thing left for me is my headlight leanse, it was pretty blurry so I sanded it down and now trying it get it as new as possible, il judge by the outcome but I deffinatly dont want to sand another lense down b/c it takes up to much time and effort but we will see. Im taking lotsa pictures for the D I Y .
PS Those caps look real nice, how do they hold on to the housing? If I do a retro for someone il deffinatly get some from you b/c that looks really nice and it would save me about 5 hours of work lol.
Old 05-13-05, 04:24 PM
AA Concepts
Pole Position

Nice housing man, very clean. Mine however will look a little messy but im tryint to make it as good as possible. One thing I will note is that in the future I will be using a diferent way of mounting projectorsor maybe not , actually mine look OK right now in the back I still have to paint it to make it look better but so far so good . Only thing left for me is my headlight leanse, it was pretty blurry so I sanded it down and now trying it get it as new as possible, il judge by the outcome but I deffinatly dont want to sand another lense down b/c it takes up to much time and effort but we will see. Im taking lotsa pictures for the D I Y
I have yet to see any really good results from wetsanding lenses. For best results try a high speed polisher with a mildly abrasive compound and polish. Then go over the lenses with a lacquer clearcoat.
Old 05-13-05, 04:47 PM
LEXO
Driver

Wow, those are sweet...i want !!!
Old 05-13-05, 05:02 PM
vicestan
Lead Lap

Hey LCA, I know what you mean man its hard as **** to get them to look new again but I had no choice since the lense was pretty horrible. Ive used mguiers cleaner and polish in the past but still didnt get a really clear lense like I wanted. I have a 6" ryobi buffer so thats a big plus but what kind of compound do you recommend? and for the laquer finnish should I use the basic stuff they sell at home depot b/c I gotta tell you ive bought the clear coat spray from napa and its ****, and then I bought another clear laquer spray from home depot and it was same thing actually they both made the lense fuzzy . I apreciate any insight you have on this b/c ive spend so long tryin to get those damn things to be clear again, I was thinking of using a clear 3M tape like the headlight protection tape they sell on ebay, instead of the laquer you know prolly even better but anyways let me know your thoughts, thanks .....Stan.
Old 05-13-05, 05:57 PM
AA Concepts
Pole Position

Hey LCA, I know what you mean man its hard as **** to get them to look new again but I had no choice since the lense was pretty horrible. Ive used mguiers cleaner and polish in the past but still didnt get a really clear lense like I wanted. I have a 6" ryobi buffer so thats a big plus but what kind of compound do you recommend? and for the laquer finnish should I use the basic stuff they sell at home depot b/c I gotta tell you ive bought the clear coat spray from napa and its ****, and then I bought another clear laquer spray from home depot and it was same thing actually they both made the lense fuzzy . I apreciate any insight you have on this b/c ive spend so long tryin to get those damn things to be clear again, I was thinking of using a clear 3M tape like the headlight protection tape they sell on ebay, instead of the laquer you know prolly even better but anyways let me know your thoughts, thanks .....Stan.
There is a lexan polishing compound they sell at Autozone that I like. As for the clear laquer its best applied with an airbrush like you would use for model cars to get a nice finish. Any headlight protection like StonGuard, Xpel, or 3M should be a good alternative.

Since you are spending the $ to do a nice retrofit you may as well suck it up and purchase a new set of lights.
Old 05-13-05, 06:34 PM
vicestan
Lead Lap

Lol no way in hell im buyin new headlights . And that lexan compound, does it compare to mgquiers plastic cleaner and polish? or you dont know?
Old 05-13-05, 07:32 PM
AA Concepts
Pole Position

Lol no way in hell im buyin new headlights . And that lexan compound, does it compare to mgquiers plastic cleaner and polish? or you dont know?
I don't think you are supposed to use the Mgquiers with a high speed buffer... there was a thread about that on IS300.net a while back.
Old 05-13-05, 07:48 PM
AA Concepts
Pole Position

Can' t believe nobody made a comment about that bad *** IS300 in this pic

Not trying to thread jack here but with all the talk about headlights I think its appropriate to mention that the GS Demon Eye Kits will be out soon.
I will try to get some good pics up soon but if anyone is planning to open up their lights wait a few weeks so you can install these bad boys!

Last edited by LCA575; 05-13-05 at 07:52 PM.
Old 05-13-05, 07:57 PM
vicestan
Lead Lap

Wow look at all that glare from the IS headlights , a perfect example of why you should paint your inner chrome housing

Quick Reply: Teasers b/c you love *** lights....