GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Teasers b/c you love *** lights....

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-05, 08:03 PM
AA Concepts
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vicestan
Wow look at all that glare from the IS headlights , a perfect example of why you should paint your inner chrome housing
It IS painted! Its the exposure on the camera, looks nothing like that in person.

Daytime exposure:
Old 05-13-05, 08:09 PM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LCA575
vicestan- I fabbed up some SUPER clean parts for additional clearence in the rear, same problem with the depth of the Q45s.
I can get you a set, Uptown post the pics of the rear of the lights.

*EDIT*
Here it is:

Wow Justin these look better than what we used on mine What are they this time
Old 05-13-05, 08:13 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow look at all that glare from the IS headlights , a perfect example of why you should paint your inner chrome housing
I don't think the headlights are even on. Only the demon eyes seem to be lit.
Old 05-13-05, 08:16 PM
vicestan
Lead Lap

Hmm what do those demon eyes run for? I have 2 pairs for bmw angel eyes with fiber optic cables , and what kinda light do the once on the IS use b/c the halogen are so much brighter then then led. PS whats with the riced out foglights with the blue bulb inside take em of

Last edited by vicestan; 05-13-05 at 08:25 PM.
Old 05-13-05, 08:45 PM
AA Concepts
Pole Position

Hmm what do those demon eyes run for? I have 2 pairs for bmw angel eyes with fiber optic cables , and what kinda light do the once on the IS use b/c the halogen are so much brighter then then led. PS whats with the riced out foglights with the blue bulb inside take em of
Yeah, the fiber optics are old technology. These new CCFL kits are intense, can be seen clearly in daylight, very vivid light, no light boxes. They will run about $225-250 a set (best "Head-Turn-For Your-Buck" mod out there).

Those are OEM L-Tuned foglights... sorry if they are ricey they are actually an extremely rare and expensive item from Lexus. The bulbs are clear the blue you are seeing is the ion fog lens. Rice= no purpose mod (these actually increase visibility in fog).

Gamma- I had ALOT more time to do these lights so I was able to test out a variety of ideas and came up with something totally custom, waterproof, and bulletproof

Last edited by LCA575; 05-13-05 at 08:48 PM.
Old 05-13-05, 09:23 PM
vicestan
Lead Lap

CCFL isent that stuff made out of glass, how well does it withstand tempreature change? if one burns out you have to take apart the whole headlight right?. And sorry but I think those fogs look like the 25 doller once they sell at napa but for each there own
Old 05-13-05, 09:44 PM
AA Concepts
Pole Position

CCFL isent that stuff made out of glass, how well does it withstand tempreature change? if one burns out you have to take apart the whole headlight right?. And sorry but I think those fogs look like the 25 doller once they sell at napa but for each there own
Try $400 from Carson Toyota http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=62

How can you sit here and contradict yourself by saying that your LS lights don't look as good as the Q45 but they are better from the "form over function" view- BUT my foglights are ricey but you have no idea what light they even produce? I am sorry you have such a hard time determining product quality. NAPA and Carson are like Wal-Mart and Saks 5th Ave... but its all the same to you I guess...

BTW as for the Demon Eyes they are CCFL and the rings last 20,000 hours of continuous use, they will outlast your car.

Enough of that, let's keep this thread on topic please.

Last edited by LCA575; 05-13-05 at 09:53 PM.
Old 05-14-05, 04:03 AM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LCA575
Can' t believe nobody made a comment about that bad *** IS300 in this pic

Not trying to thread jack here but with all the talk about headlights I think its appropriate to mention that the GS Demon Eye Kits will be out soon.
I will try to get some good pics up soon but if anyone is planning to open up their lights wait a few weeks so you can install these bad boys!
yeah..... its' alright hahaha....

dude let some of us others get some glory..... you always get the props!!! Marsha Marsha Marsha!
Old 05-14-05, 04:26 AM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

ok to address on numerous comments out here.....

vicestan.... along w/ LCA575 I also agree that you are going to have a super tough time getting that headlight lens' back to OEM finish. I have never seen anyone sucessfully sand down the len's and get their desired finish... IMO, I would have clay'd the headlight, use a tough degreaser, clay it again, use some Dawn... and then polish it up. I was going to comment earlie rbut you seem sure of your process so I'm curious to see if it'll work out, I hope it does b/c it'll help out alot of other members.

now regarding various projectors to fit into our headlights..... it's all opinions and all subjective... to say that "A" is better then "B" is a bit too jumpy b/c everybody has their preference, especially in this case b/c if I am correct.... no one has ever done a projector retrofit w/ the LS projectors. So really this is all theory and coulda woulda shoulda's.....

in stock form.... the LS and the Q45 sitting next to eachother lighting up the road.... I've always liked the way the Q45's light up the road.... I've never paid too much attention to the LS's lighting b/c of lack of interest but its never caught my eye..... but when you posted those pics of the cutoff, i was very impressed. But back to the issue.... until it's actually done.... well you get the point.

My biggest concern going into this project was that I wanted an almost OEM type finish which Justin was able to provide. I wanted the Q45's for its' exclusiveness. I opted to add on the BMW projectors b/c I wanted to take it a step further and felt it would make the whole headlight appear to be more complete. IMO the setup now, looks like it came from the factory like this. Justin asked if we wanted to do the CCFL on my lights but I felt that it might be a bit overboard for me..... i love it on other ppl's cars but for me I was satisfied w/ the 2 projectors and did not want to take away from the theme of the lights. I didn't want anything to stand out too much and take away from the gazing appeal of the headlight.

you are a bit too opinionated and its ok I can take it, I personally would like to see what things you come up w/.... you seem to have the desire and the technical know how so hopefully you will be the next guy doing big things for the Lexus community. LCA575's car is IMO a thing of beauty.... I would never call it rice and thats my opinion. But to make a negative comment looking down on someone's hardwork and joy calling it rice.... IMO is a bit tasteless. We're all car enthusiasts, we love what we do and we do it because we can. I love modding my car b/c its my own vision and I can run anyway I want b/c its MINE. same to everyone else.... so when ppl do new things and push the envelope in different ways... I get excited b/c who knows? they might be the one starting the newest trend.

LCA575.... just let the trophies and honors do the talking.... you dont have to defend yourself!

and to end this rather long note.... this forum is possible b/c of the energy of all the ingenious individuals imagining new and crazy modifications to their vehicle. It takes ***** to do something different and serious effort to fabricate such a thing of beauty. We're here to help eachother pursue their passion in their vehicles... so now.... **** and start fabricating some new ideas

The end
Old 05-14-05, 05:07 AM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah yeah another q45 GS brother man i wonder who is next? ....those headlights will look absolutely sick!!! believe it or not...i actually got way more compliments on the q45s than my wheels.
Old 05-14-05, 07:12 AM
vicestan
Lead Lap

Wow wow all this hostile tension. Dont get me wrong im not trying to put down the car it looks very good, I just said that the foglights "look" like the once they sell at napa regardless of performance, dont take that in an offensive form, if you like em then .
Old 05-14-05, 07:12 AM
GSspeed
Lead Lap

i want one, that is the best mod available, beats any body kit, rim and sound setup, IMO,,,
Old 05-14-05, 01:23 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Wow wow all this hostile tension. Dont get me wrong im not trying to put down the car it looks very good, I just said that the foglights "look" like the once they sell at napa regardless of performance, dont take that in an offensive form, if you like em then .
I dont think we're being hostile and I certainly dont let opinions on the internet cause for any tension on my part.... so take it as you may. To make it clear I dont mean in anyway to come off hostile.... infact I welcome your ingenuity with open arms.... as said above, ppl like you are the ones that will hopefully innovate new ideas and mods, and that I am very happy about.

you came in here w/ an attitude of "Why is everybody trying to do the Q45' mods when this is so much better etc etc...." My feeling is that if it really is better then do it..... but the fact is, there is maybe a handful of Q45 modded headlights in existence and I'm positive there are more regular Projector mods, not to take away from the other projectors appeal but the 7pot Q45's are like no other projector out on the market and that was what made me think, why is this guy saying "why is everybody doing the Q45 mod when there is only a handful of ppl w/ this mod" plus the coin itself is enough to be But i've never been a fan of the theory =more coin more exclusive.....

I'm sure if you read back in some of your posts you can see how LCA575 took your comments as mocking him and talking down at his preference in mods..... NAPA? c'mon....

LCA575 is pretty well known in the whole lexus community and is known for his expertise for his knowledge in lighting mods..... I remember LCA575 from way back in the day when we were working w/ JP and Umnitza w/ the GenIV Daylight Demon Eyes for the IS300 looking for routing possibilities for the old technology optics. Good thing these CCFL's came out.... i came back from deployment and was like WOW, these things OWNT! .....and correct me if I'm wrong but LED's are usually brighter and more visible then Halogen. So yeah, I think you jumped the gun without knowing the facts when you commented about LCA575's car. C'mon... anybody willing to shell out 6-7k $$$$ for wheels is not going to put any cheap fogs on their car.
Old 05-14-05, 01:26 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GSspeed
i want one, that is the best mod available, beats any body kit, rim and sound setup, IMO,,,
it's definitely nice but here's the thing.....

I can do without the headlight projector mod..... i cannot do w/o suspension and wheels. so yeah.... i love RominL's sig..... it looks 1000 times better dropped!
Old 05-14-05, 10:00 PM
GSspeed
Lead Lap

true true, rims and suspension are reqired, but you need to see where you go too, hahahha

Quick Reply: Teasers b/c you love *** lights....