GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Teasers b/c you love *** lights....

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-05, 10:13 PM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by UptownGS
I dont think we're being hostile and I certainly dont let opinions on the internet cause for any tension on my part.... so take it as you may. To make it clear I dont mean in anyway to come off hostile.... infact I welcome your ingenuity with open arms.... as said above, ppl like you are the ones that will hopefully innovate new ideas and mods, and that I am very happy about.

you came in here w/ an attitude of "Why is everybody trying to do the Q45' mods when this is so much better etc etc...." My feeling is that if it really is better then do it..... but the fact is, there is maybe a handful of Q45 modded headlights in existence and I'm positive there are more regular Projector mods, not to take away from the other projectors appeal but the 7pot Q45's are like no other projector out on the market and that was what made me think, why is this guy saying "why is everybody doing the Q45 mod when there is only a handful of ppl w/ this mod" plus the coin itself is enough to be But i've never been a fan of the theory =more coin more exclusive.....

I'm sure if you read back in some of your posts you can see how LCA575 took your comments as mocking him and talking down at his preference in mods..... NAPA? c'mon....

LCA575 is pretty well known in the whole lexus community and is known for his expertise for his knowledge in lighting mods..... I remember LCA575 from way back in the day when we were working w/ JP and Umnitza w/ the GenIV Daylight Demon Eyes for the IS300 looking for routing possibilities for the old technology optics. Good thing these CCFL's came out.... i came back from deployment and was like WOW, these things OWNT! .....and correct me if I'm wrong but LED's are usually brighter and more visible then Halogen. So yeah, I think you jumped the gun without knowing the facts when you commented about LCA575's car. C'mon... anybody willing to shell out 6-7k $$$$ for wheels is not going to put any cheap fogs on their car.
for the explanation of getting the q45s in the GS headlights...you hit it right on the spot...its all about exclusiveness..the LS430 and s2k projectors (more practical) are no doubt better in that there is more lighting and sharper cutoff line...but for looks wise...I dont see any projector that is more appealing than the q45

uptowngs...now hey man...dont forget now...more pics...I have ants in my pants to see more pics of the q45 on your car
Old 05-14-05, 11:25 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aloha03gs
for the explanation of getting the q45s in the GS headlights...you hit it right on the spot...its all about exclusiveness..the LS430 and s2k projectors (more practical) are no doubt better in that there is more lighting and sharper cutoff line...but for looks wise...I dont see any projector that is more appealing than the q45

uptowngs...now hey man...dont forget now...more pics...I have ants in my pants to see more pics of the q45 on your car
you show your car first!!! I got cockroaches in my pants uhhhhh ooops.... I got Gerbils in my pants waiting to see more pics of yours!!!!
Old 05-14-05, 11:35 PM
vicestan
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, well I understand and I certantly didnt mean to disrespect anyone, so my appologies if I offended anyone here. And for the q45 retro the reson why I said that was b/c from the Hidplanet forum point of view the q45 projectors have been used on a large scale especialy with the gs b/c of its huge space to work with but as I said before to each there own. Anyway I think il be able to finnish my retro tommrow and start the DIY with pictures and everything. I have another mod that im going to do but its for the tail lights and specificaly on the older gs tail lights, basically im going to install 2 oval led lights in the stop light section and each light has 32 led light bulbs. then install a orange one in the turn signal, Ive always wanted to do it and once I get me a right side 2001+ style tail light il be able to take mine of and start the retro, It should look amazing.
Old 05-14-05, 11:44 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by vicestan
Hey guys, well I understand and I certantly didnt mean to disrespect anyone, so my appologies if I offended anyone here. And for the q45 retro the reson why I said that was b/c from the Hidplanet forum point of view the q45 projectors have been used on a large scale especialy with the gs b/c of its huge space to work with but as I said before to each there own. Anyway I think il be able to finnish my retro tommrow and start the DIY with pictures and everything. I have another mod that im going to do but its for the tail lights and specificaly on the older gs tail lights, basically im going to install 2 oval led lights in the stop light section and each light has 32 led light bulbs. then install a orange one in the turn signal, Ive always wanted to do it and once I get me a right side 2001+ style tail light il be able to take mine of and start the retro, It should look amazing.
How many GS"s have you seen w/ Q45' mods??? I know of..... 6 tops...
Old 05-14-05, 11:48 PM
vicestan
Lead Lap

way more then 6, I recall alot but it doesnt matter b/c people still like em and thats all that matters.
Old 05-15-05, 02:41 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by vicestan
way more then 6, I recall alot but it doesnt matter b/c people still like em and thats all that matters.
I am sure there are those out there that do not post on forums. Still, I really have not seen many of these. I've been a long time lurker on HIDPlanet and when it was still around HIDForum. I see the same people posting the mod there and here. As an example, many of the pics shown over and over are from Soaristo's car. There are multiple posts about them but they refer to this car (and maybe one or two other).

Your opinion of the Q45 projector is certainly reflected there. It is expected, though, since it is a forum for people really into HIDs so there will be bias to the "best" output defined by beam, cutoff, and retro quality. Sometimes, however, all this is not as important to others. In this case, the Q45s have a pretty wide output and produce a lot of light. It is lacking in cutoff compared to other lights but it just looks badass in the GS housings compared to some of the smaller "better" projectors. Sometimes, when you have to look at the whole picture, you have to make sacrifices in different areas to gain in others.

For me, I am into making my car into something I enjoy within my limits. Lighting is one area to be improved but I am not focused on purely lighting. I have to consider the aesthetics of the car while also wanting better output whereas the bias of the guys on HIDPlanet is the output before the car. I am not saying they will put in shoddy retros. It is just they value the output more.

The retro you are doing is cool in itself. I think, though, the RX projector looks way too small for the GS. Even though the output will be nice, even you said you had to compromise the output because it is too far in. Still, you did the retrofit based on your criteria of what you want in lighting. Most people who retrofit projectors into their headlights have some idea of the pros and cons of their choices. As evident in the responses of the owners of these retrofits, they know that the Q45 projectors have their limitations but chose them for their own reasons.

I know I sound a bit negative on the Q45s too by making them sound somewhat inferior to others out there. Although this is true, the Q45s are still amazing and will still beat out many OEM reflector setups. Everything is relative. I actually think the margin in differences is pretty small. Yeah, there are better out there but not by much.
Old 05-15-05, 10:09 AM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

well ionno but I was just peeping out the Q45 projector 350z install and OMG that thing screams SEX.... the projector in the headlight alone was just Mediocre at best but when you take a step back to feel the whole car.... it looked AWESOME!!!

as per having the best projectors on your car..... like NEO put above.... (btw very nicely put)... if we put the best of everything on our cars we'd be sacrificing alot in other areas..... for instance... Coilovers... there are certainly a few coilovers that are considered the best in track performance but we sacrifice performanc w/ comfort b/c simply put we drive Lexus and we commute so we want to remain comfortable... etc etc.... there are plenty of times when I sacrifice audio performance because I need the othervall theme (look) of the car to compliment eachother.....

when we mod our cars we do it not only for the performance aspect but honestly we want it to look good, and anybody that says otherwise is probably not telling the whole truth.

btw Vicestan..... would you post a picture of your car in another thread? I'm curious to see you preference in style.
Old 05-15-05, 12:32 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

yeah i think neo put it very well and let's not get too deep into it. everyone is looking for something different, someone is looking for the cool factor and someone is looking for clarity on the road. it's all good. one thing i just want to stress is the amount of information vicestan has provided us with, it's very in depth and very constructive. you are an excellent asset of clublexus vicestan, keep it up!
Old 05-16-05, 12:38 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I need a set-up like this definitely nice work. Probably the best on here so far MAJOR PROPS to you a job well paid off.
Old 12-26-05, 09:40 PM
garbage85
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

after reading this thread, im still unclear on whether painting the house will affect the lighting of the demon eyes. Im am thinking of installing demon eyes and q45 lenses in my headlights but find the black housing unapealing. It does not go along with my car since my car has chrome accents. Will i still be able to see the demon eyes clearly if I leave the housing chrome?
Old 12-27-05, 08:09 AM
AA Concepts
Pole Position

Originally Posted by garbage85
after reading this thread, im still unclear on whether painting the house will affect the lighting of the demon eyes. Im am thinking of installing demon eyes and q45 lenses in my headlights but find the black housing unapealing. It does not go along with my car since my car has chrome accents. Will i still be able to see the demon eyes clearly if I leave the housing chrome?
If your car has chrome accents keep the chrome housings. It will not create much additional visible glare.
Old 12-27-05, 06:25 PM
Gs Dreams
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LCA575
If your car has chrome accents keep the chrome housings. It will not create much additional visible glare.
i was just reading this thread and the guy u did it for this mod for speak highly of you, do you this this work for cl member or just ur friends? im looking for someone who can do that same set up for me
Old 12-27-05, 07:57 PM
AA Concepts
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Gs Dreams
i was just reading this thread and the guy u did it for this mod for speak highly of you, do you this this work for cl member or just ur friends? im looking for someone who can do that same set up for me
www.AACstyle.com

We can set you up, pm me with what you want done and I will quote you.
Old 12-28-05, 05:23 AM
Gs Dreams
Pole Position

is it cool if i add u to my buddy list because once spring hits im gonna hit the market again for another gs 430. so how the set up gonna be, is it gonna have the g45 projector with the angel (or demon) ring around both headlights and day time running lights?
Old 12-28-05, 07:40 AM
AA Concepts
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Gs Dreams
is it cool if i add u to my buddy list because once spring hits im gonna hit the market again for another gs 430. so how the set up gonna be, is it gonna have the g45 projector with the angel (or demon) ring around both headlights and day time running lights?
Sure, hit me up on AIM anytime.

Quick Reply: Teasers b/c you love *** lights....