GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Teasers b/c you love *** lights....

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-05, 01:33 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Teasers b/c you love *** lights....

wow Justin really over did himself this time..... aka LCA575

cleanest projector mod I've EVER seen! we've been in contact w/ eachother for some time now and he's been really good about taking care of all the small details for me w/ these lights.
Satin black housing... I asked him to match along my theme of car... Bentley Black, w/ Powdercoated BLack wheels, n black interior.. tripple decked! so he came up w/ a really good match to compliment my theme and still contrast a bit. AWESOME!
Q45 proj. w/ M3 Proj. mods....
smoked clear turn signals....
modified GS halogens to fit ballasts under the headlights
up to date customer service
Painted Q45 projector face
and one damn CLEAN install!!!!

I rarely praise anyone this much but Justin really out did himself and proved to me he is the man when it comes to these retrofits and custom paint for headlights.

I was gonna wait to post pics of the lights on my car when everything was done but damn I just couldn't wait. I got the tingles again!!!
Old 05-12-05, 01:34 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

whoops so excited I forgot the pictures....

Old 05-12-05, 01:41 PM
HKS_GS430
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AWESOME man
Old 05-12-05, 01:43 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Very nice. Congrats.
Old 05-12-05, 01:48 PM
r00kie
Lexus Test Driver

That's looks awesome...can't wait to see pics of it on the car! Now where do I sign up!?
Old 05-12-05, 01:52 PM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

So thats what he did with my Q45 projectors. Atleast they went into another set of GS headlights. My ballasts and 6000k bulbs too memories Justin is a really nice guy. He needs to part out his IS now while he still can and start saving for the new is350.
Old 05-12-05, 01:54 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GammaLex
So thats what he did with my Q45 projectors. Atleast they went into another set of GS headlights. My ballasts and 6000k bulbs too memories Justin is a really nice guy. He needs to part out his IS now while he still can and start saving for the new is350.
nah buddy! I sent in my headlights w/ an extra set of new Q45 headlights for him to dismantle.
Old 05-12-05, 01:58 PM
PrlGS3
Pole Position

DAMN!!!!! That's awesome! Super clean job.
Old 05-12-05, 02:00 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

wow

so clean on the back side man

i love it ....any insight into this project ??

price and what not ..turnaround time
Old 05-12-05, 02:03 PM
LsportGS4
Lexus Test Driver

WOW... That looks realy good!

Old 05-12-05, 02:07 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

also do you have to paint the headlight

is there a reason for that

im about to start this project myself

and was wondering do you need the hid headlights to do this

can use the halogen headlights if you fit the ballast

what bulbs did you use

so many questions i apoligize
Old 05-12-05, 02:35 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

PM LCA575 for specifics on pricing and turnaround time. I supplied him w/ all the lights and gear so it would vary depending on what you have already and what he needs to supply for you.... etc etc.... I recommend him b/c he takes so much pride in his work and is really meticulous in his outcome.

I normally would recommend ppl to tackle these DIY projects but in this case I didn't even trust myself to do it, and searched around various prior Q45 projector installers until I finally decided on Justin. And I've opened up plenty of headlights back in the day w/ the DDE IS300's.... he's always been the more competent guy to do lights ever since I can remember, then when I saw Gammalex's install w/ Justin's help.. I knew he was my man!

for your questions:

the bulbs are 6000k Phillips

My headlights are Halogen and Justin found a way to mount the ballast onto my headlight, which is really cool b/c I wasn't even expecting this. I still have full adjustments w/ leveling of the headlights w/ Justin's brackets. All n all, top notch work to the T. I've yet to find a flaw but should i find one I'm sure he'll correct it.

painting the headlight is totally subjective... originally I had opted to leave my headlights the mirror finish but as I looked on more and more, i felt it best to paint the housting a contrasting color to accentuate the Q45's..... Originally I was thinking a titanium metallic silvery type finish but opted last minute w/ black..... but I was picky about which black because I didn't want it to be flat and I didn't want it to match up to my paint perfectly. I'm a big fan of contrasts and Justin came up w/ Satin Black which is a nice medium between a high gloss black and a flat finish. Painting the headlight is not necessary, so do what you'd like.....
Old 05-12-05, 02:51 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by UptownGS
PM LCA575 for specifics on pricing and turnaround time. I supplied him w/ all the lights and gear so it would vary depending on what you have already and what he needs to supply for you.... etc etc.... I recommend him b/c he takes so much pride in his work and is really meticulous in his outcome.

I normally would recommend ppl to tackle these DIY projects but in this case I didn't even trust myself to do it, and searched around various prior Q45 projector installers until I finally decided on Justin. And I've opened up plenty of headlights back in the day w/ the DDE IS300's.... he's always been the more competent guy to do lights ever since I can remember, then when I saw Gammalex's install w/ Justin's help.. I knew he was my man!

for your questions:

the bulbs are 6000k Phillips

My headlights are Halogen and Justin found a way to mount the ballast onto my headlight, which is really cool b/c I wasn't even expecting this. I still have full adjustments w/ leveling of the headlights w/ Justin's brackets. All n all, top notch work to the T. I've yet to find a flaw but should i find one I'm sure he'll correct it.

painting the headlight is totally subjective... originally I had opted to leave my headlights the mirror finish but as I looked on more and more, i felt it best to paint the housting a contrasting color to accentuate the Q45's..... Originally I was thinking a titanium metallic silvery type finish but opted last minute w/ black..... but I was picky about which black because I didn't want it to be flat and I didn't want it to match up to my paint perfectly. I'm a big fan of contrasts and Justin came up w/ Satin Black which is a nice medium between a high gloss black and a flat finish. Painting the headlight is not necessary, so do what you'd like.....

thanks man ...asked and answered
Old 05-12-05, 04:11 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

They look just plain sick man, love the detail on them it makes for so much more of a wow factor when adding details to something that is slready a great mod..congrats
Old 05-12-05, 04:15 PM
ARISTO*7
Lexus Champion

wow. great job. those headlights looks awesome

Quick Reply: Teasers b/c you love *** lights....