GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

How does this happen when you are at work???

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-05, 06:03 AM
Kendhal
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How does this happen when you are at work???

I was fuggin parked and in the buildong working when a co-worker called my cell and said man get outside to your car right now. A tractor trailer tire hit my damn car . He even had a ground guide too and still hit my chit. I guess from looking at some of the other posts where guys cars where hit alot harder and worse than mine, it isn't as bad but still. Oh well just venting. This was a government vehicle that hit my car so I am just gonna go through my insurance company to get it fixed and let them deal with the government.

BTW, does it look like they will have to replace the rear bumper? If so, then I am getting the L-sportsline one.
Attached Thumbnails How does this happen when you are at work???-4.jpg  
Old 05-13-05, 06:20 AM
BigMoNYC
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

Last edited by BigMoNYC; 05-13-05 at 06:53 AM.
Old 05-13-05, 06:29 AM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

my dent looked exactly like yours but mine was on the right side... i never caught who did it!

i had my friends body shop pull the dent out for me but i still can see it maybe im just ****.

edit: well your dent is worst... mine was only the side panel almost the rear bumper
Old 05-13-05, 06:32 AM
RGA
Rookie

Sorry dude, I know how you feel. I scraped my quarter panel againts a mailbox recently.

A good body shop can fix that bumper, but a lot of body shops will recommend you replace it.
Old 05-13-05, 07:11 AM
ssultan
Pole Position

Sorry to hear about that man...I know EXACTLY how you feel. A few weeks ago my ES got hit in the parking lot by a lady co-worker. She took off the front bumper, bent the fender and broke my headlight. THEN I got the phone call.
Old 05-13-05, 08:44 AM
ARISTO*7
Lexus Champion

damn that sucks. the insurance company will pay for a new bumper.
Old 05-13-05, 08:59 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

friday the 13th

i warned you guys to plan accordingly

but anyway ..im sorry ...altleast you got the who did it and will be taken care of
Old 05-13-05, 10:32 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Seeing the damaged bumper pic reminds me of my car accident last March. Thankfully the body shop did a terrific job turning the work around so that any existing damage is not noticeable. Even more awesome that it's the other driver's fault, and her insurance paid for all the work

Sorry to hear that you may have to spend some out-of-pocket to fix it up, Kendhal. That's why when it comes to parking spaces, I ALWAYS back into a spot, and park at select locations like the end spaces, and near a friend's car who's also **** about his/her car
Old 05-13-05, 10:37 AM
ILOVEGIRLS
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

same thing happened to me a few months back. i left my office and came out to see a license plate frame imprint on my rear bumper. the scratches were buffed out but the imprint is still there. the culprit is still at large.
Old 05-13-05, 10:46 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Dude...sorry to hear that....yep...the curse continues.

You should have the govt insurance company fix your car....otherwise, your premium will probably increase if you use it.

Btw....i nvr knew a proud GS owner call his ride...."chit"....you are the first.
Old 05-13-05, 10:47 AM
Kendhal
Driver School Candidate

Thanks everyone. This didn't happen today (5-13-2005), it happened Wednesday (5-11-2005).

I am going through my Allstate insurance because of the U.S. government. It will be 2010 before they would settle this. My deductable is $500 though but oh well. I can't drive my car looking like that.

Another shot.
Attached Thumbnails How does this happen when you are at work???-1.jpg  
Old 05-13-05, 10:53 AM
Kendhal
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PHML
Btw....i nvr knew a proud GS owner call his ride...."chit"....you are the first.

LOL. It was outta anger. I really was talking to my wife about just fixing the car and trading it in on a new '06 and start over with mods and such but it isn't as bad as it looked when it first happened so I will try and stick it out. I just hate for anything to be wrong with my car. It is almost like a child to me . I mean I get in this car and drive wherever and whenever and never worry about the reliability of it because they are such great cars. I take it in Monday for my insurance to give me an estimate and go from there. Allstate will go after the government for them paying for my car and I'll get my $500 back whenever they settle with the government.
Old 05-13-05, 11:34 AM
cyclemax
Lead Lap

Check with your insurance company. Some states have "waiver of deductible" which means you don't have to pay a deductible if your car was legally parked when hit by an identified party. Good luck.
Old 05-13-05, 01:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

man, no matter how slight teh accident could be, it still sux... no one wants any accidents on the car seems like damage to the bumper, fender, and taillights... that's still going to cost something
Old 05-13-05, 01:46 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The same thing happened to me, with a little less damage though.
Also at work.

Quick Reply: How does this happen when you are at work???