GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

What kit is that in the gallery?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-01, 02:38 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Manaray,

That's good info and firsthand experience! It will definitely make people think twice about knockoff bodykits...

As for the WIN Racing spoiler, the true OG spoiler only comes with double-sided tape for attachment and yes it does cover the stock factory holes. There is only a little bit of the outline of the stock factory wing on each side where dirt has collected and can be easily cleaned and buffed out.

The replica produced by Han Auto Trends comes with bolt holes that mount to the stock factory holes...

That's the one I have (wince, sorry ). But in all fairness, i picked it over the OG WIN spoiler because it had bolt holes so that I can actually mount it to the trunk lid. I wasn't too thrilled with the fact that the OG WIN spoiler only used double-sided tape. Imagine some thief trying to rip it right off the trunk lid and I wasn't about to drill holes into a 400 dollar spoiler...The fitment was great...If the true OG kit had bolt holes then there was no question I would have bought the OG one.

Thanks for you input and info, like I said before, you bring a lot of knowledge and experience to the forum! Just don't want to scare the knock-off newbies away! Those that have been on the forum long enough know that you mean well so that's a different story...Take care

Brent

Last edited by BLiu; 06-20-01 at 02:40 PM.
Old 06-20-01, 02:41 PM
SpectraGS3
Driver

Here is the kit:

http://gtautosports.com/gsazai.htm
Old 06-20-01, 02:56 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

let me just say i'm glad this didn't end as a flame!

and i think manaray is right about knock off kits and them not being great quality, but i also agree with the others that maybe manaray you might want to turn it down a notch just a bit. i understand what you mean and i'm glad BLiu understood aswell, but hes right newbies might not know what you mean.

All in all i thank Manaray for his knowlage (esspecially about wheels) but think maybe he should consider turning it down a notch and that i think BLiu should get a kit he wants, but again this is my opinion and if no one wants to listen thats fine too.

no hard feelings
Old 06-21-01, 06:53 AM
Knguyen OLD
Rookie

HUH - Did you say something ?

It was me the asked about the kits and replicas. Brent just help explaining some things

Since almost all the kits are fiberglass, I think I will stick with Polyurethane and go with the L-Sportline Kit. I also like the Auto-Couture which is very similar to the Zairez Kit post on GTAutosports. I have emailed that David guy about a few times and no response. I guess he doesn't want to sell anything. I would not recommend him to anyone. ARGH. Besides, what is up with his answering machine. Doesn't even say who he is or the company name.

Thanks for all the input. - oh one last one - Anyone seen the L-Sportline up close. We in Georgia, don't have too many Lexus mods. - Do you like? How about the Auto-Couture?

Remember - I am mild mannered and conservative. I like subtle

Thanks,

Khanh
Old 06-21-01, 11:19 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

K,

how are you?

i think i know what LOOK you are after. i like all three kits you mentioned, and here is my take:

1. l-sportsline: too pricey, looks not bad, good quality.

2.auto cuture: hard to get, good quality; price is OK consider the fact that it has to come from japan.
the major concern i have w/you getting this fiberglass kit is that if the body shop in your area does not have good amt. of experience, your investment would be in wrong hands.

3.RMM: i would just recommend this kit, no doubt. clean look, good price, urethene material. hey if it is not good, the kit would not make manarays WANTED list, right

manaray posted rmm and ac kit on his blk gs a while back, take a look

william
Old 06-22-01, 04:16 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Brent & Sasha - You guys really think I scare newbies away? Heheheheh...that's just funny to me...good, I'm doing my job then! Besides, if I turned it down a notch, I wouldn't be me, now would I?

Brent - See, now THAT is a pretty legit reason to get the knock-off...in this case, the knock-off actually offered some advantage over the OG kit...

For me, I'm willing to pay to have the extra work done and I have no problem drilling into a brand new $400 spoiler. Hell, I took a brand new $50K+ car and voided nearly every factory warranty within 8 months or so...oh well. It's just a car.

I really like the look of the WIN.Racing spoiler...I think I might change out my factory spoiler for that one...but I'm going to have them mold in a metal nut to the spoiler so I can bolt it on...

Khanh - The AutoCouture kit is Fiberglass...just FYI...like gs4will said, make sure you have a good body shop that knows how to work on fiberglass...but like I've said before, fiberglass kits don't break like a styrofoam cup...they are pretty durable actually...just don't hit 2' deep potholes or do 30+ MPH into a curb and you'll be all good!

I also agree full with gs4will's evaluation of the different kits...those are my thoughts exactly.

I have just changed my mind on the RMM kit due to RMM itself (nothing bad about the kit)...I just don't like RMM's "service" so I have decided NOT to do their kit...

Here are the pictures that gs4will was talking about. The top one is the RMM kit with the TRD grille with HRE 543's...the second kit is the AutoCouture kit on their 20" Indicator rims...
Attached Thumbnails What kit is that in the gallery?-kits.jpg  

Last edited by Manaray; 06-22-01 at 05:20 AM.
Old 06-22-01, 04:45 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Alright Manaray well i'm glad we settled this anywyas

does that RMM car with the TRD grille, is the grill outward a lot? the mesh i mean, is the mesh outward more than usual?
Old 06-22-01, 05:20 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Sasha - Hehehe...the TRD grille is fake...I just did it in photoshop...the original picture of this car had the RMM grille (with the L logo)...I just wanted to see what the car would look like with a mesh grille...it's not 100% accurate in depth...

The original photo didn't have those rims either...I forget who's car this is originally...I just wanted to put "my stuff" on there to see what it would look like with a RMM body kit...
Old 06-22-01, 07:07 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

haha you did a great job on the rims! i did and didn't notice that they were fake, something looked odd... haha, well good job on the car it looks sweet! i think it would look good with an RMM kit...
Old 06-22-01, 09:16 AM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by manaray
Sasha - Hehehe...the TRD grille is fake...I just did it in photoshop...the original picture of this car had the RMM grille (with the L logo)...I just wanted to see what the car would look like with a mesh grille...it's not 100% accurate in depth...

The original photo didn't have those rims either...I forget who's car this is originally...I just wanted to put "my stuff" on there to see what it would look like with a RMM body kit...
Manaray,

Looks like you are using JacobT's car as your "Mr. Potato Head"...Is that right, just curious?

Brent
Old 06-22-01, 06:20 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

It could be Jacob's, I'm not sure, I just ripped it from the Gallery...