GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Borla Pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-01, 08:14 PM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here are some pics of the borla exaust
Old 06-18-01, 08:20 PM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

opps the pic didnt show my bad
Attached Thumbnails Borla Pics-my-pictures0004.jpg  
Old 06-18-01, 08:22 PM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

here is another one
Attached Thumbnails Borla Pics-my-pictures0005.jpg  
Old 06-18-01, 08:24 PM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

and here is a flashy pic that I put in just for kicks hehehe
Attached Thumbnails Borla Pics-my-pictures0007.jpg  
Old 06-18-01, 10:04 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Thumbs up

Biggie,

Thanks for posting the pics of the Borla Exhaust.. Looks great.. BTW how much did it cost you for the system and is it a catback exhaust or just the mufflers??

Also how is the sound.. Some people have told me its too loud for daily driving but anything is loud compared to the stock exhaust I guess..
Old 06-18-01, 10:07 PM
GS_DieHard

I like the look of the oval tips on the Borla. Did you install them yourself? I've also heard from some others on this board that it may be tricky to get the tip to fit right within the opening of the bumper. Was this your experience too?
Old 06-18-01, 10:24 PM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

I had the guy at the local napa shop install it for me and yes it is trivky to get them evened up right mine are still alittle off but not too noticable unless you look at it for a while. The sound is great its not loud at all when your cruising you cant hear it because the loudest point in that system is around 1800RPM's and when your at 60 your doing 2100RPM's so its silent then, but it does give you a nice rumbles when you step on it

oh and its only the mufflers not the whole catback

as for the stereo setup I had that done at good guys it cost me $600 for the custom box and the dynomatted trunk it sounds awsome

I got the speakers for around $200 each at the time they were new and my amp I baught from a friend of mine its a 1500dx MTX amp thats running for around 450-500 dollars I got it for 50 bucks hehehe as for the wiring I did that myself with all phenix gold products cost me around $150 for everything
Old 06-18-01, 10:33 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by biggie27
as for the stereo setup I had that done at good guys it cost me $600 for the custom box and the dynomatted trunk it sounds awsome

I got the speakers for around $200 each at the time they were new and my amp I baught from a friend of mine its a 1500dx MTX amp thats running for around 450-500 dollars I got it for 50 bucks hehehe as for the wiring I did that myself with all phenix gold products cost me around $150 for everything
Did you go with a sealed or ported enclosure for the Pioneers??
BTW how much did the mufflers cost you if you don't mind me asking..
Old 06-18-01, 10:40 PM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

I went with a sealed since ported doesnt really work that well with these speakers

the muffler cost me $415 I got it from summitracing.com
Old 06-18-01, 10:42 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Default that is what i thought

savvy,

for a moment, i thought you were asking the price on borlas...

the best deal several members got were from:

www.summitracing.com ~$415+7handling. parts #11733

note: for some reason, some of the borlas(same parts #) i have seen have oval/rectangularish tip(as seen on SRT mo's gs), and some have oval/roundish tip(what biggie has, i like this one more). this did not came to my attention until i saw two diff tip shape in person during the big meet in LA. i guess you wou;ld not know until you actually receive the item. btw, borlas are just muffler, not cat-back.

william
Old 06-18-01, 10:50 PM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

yes GS4will is right,

Borla did come out with 3 diffrent styles Mo's style ( no longer preduced), my style which is basicly the same as Mo's but with a new designe, and carbon fiber tip style which a few people here have and Ive read that those are pretty loud compared to the ones I have
Old 06-18-01, 11:08 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Thanks guys for the feedback.. Will I was asking for the price on the mufflers but I guess I phrased it wrong.. My bad..

Just looking at things I want to do to the SC when I get the damn thing that is.. Been so long since I took the test drive that I forget how the exhaust sounded.. Playing with the idea of the Borla like Biggie's on the SC..
Although I think the factory tip might be bigger than the Borla.. Hmmm.. Anyways appreciate you including the part number.. Save me from searching on Summit's site!

Howz the group buy coming along for the Lowenharts, Will??
Old 06-19-01, 12:00 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

savvy,

imo, the factory sc has quite attractive muf tip. i would put the $$ on other mods.

i am still working on some details w/few members who inquired about them. thanks.
btw, just rememberd reading an article from my latest smartmoney mag's auto review sec., the review solidified my goal of getting that car ~3 years from now.

william
Old 06-19-01, 06:33 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks really good Biggie! probobly looks really agressive with your springs/shocks.

2Savy what size lowenharts are you going with?
Old 06-19-01, 02:52 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by LexusRules
2Savy what size lowenharts are you going with?
Sasha,

I got the 18" Lowenharts (LD1) for the SC because I didn't want to buy new tires and I like the look the 18" gives me.. Besides the cost of 19" run flats is CRAZY.. Hey do you know who makes an 18" snow tire.. Not that I plan to drive the SC in the winter but it doesn't hurt to have options..

Did you make a decision on what wheel you are gonna buy yet??

Will,

I agree the tips on the SC are nice.. I guess I just want to hear a little rumble when I put the top down.. I took a test drive of Z3 (M Edition) and the sound is so sweet.. Wife had to wipe the drool from my face.. Came so close to buying that over the SC but the salesman irritated the living daylights out of me.. He is selling a high end car and knows nothing about it and on top of that is trying to give me the hard sell.. As for waiting 3 years to get the SC you are probably right.. By that time the car will be perfect.. Took a couple years till the GS was made right IMO.. Wish I didn't lease my GS thou or I would of started to mod it like you guys.. Maybe down the line I will get another GS..

Quick Reply: Borla Pics