GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

L-tuned side skirt

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-01, 10:50 PM
GS_DieHard

Has anyone seen a GS with the L-tuned sideskirts? The picture on the L-tuned website doesn't show the sideskirts very well. I was wondering if they looked any good, and how they might compare to the RMM sideskirts.

I'm looking into any sideskirt with fairly clean lines that might complement the stock front and rear bumpers, which I don't plan to change at the present time.

Any suggestions would help!
Old 06-18-01, 10:53 PM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

from what Ive seen the L-tuned side skirts look like the stock ones but hang alittle lower but I could be mistaken you should also look at the L-sportline ones I think they look real nice
Old 06-21-01, 09:56 AM
hsls
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GS_DieHard,

The difference between the stock side skirting and the
L-Tuned is:

1. They are one piece instead of two for a cleaner look.
2. They do "hang" a little lower.

When you purchase the side skirts the price also includes the Laser-Cut Grill as well.

Hope that helps......
hsls
Old 06-21-01, 10:57 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Is it also true that you can order the side skirts and the grille prepainted to your car's color?? Can anyone confirm this?

Old 06-21-01, 11:33 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

D,

call steve at carson toyota, he will have the CORRECT answer to all your l-tune questions
Old 06-21-01, 01:54 PM
hsls
Driver School Candidate

gs4will,

call steve at carson toyota, he will have the CORRECT answer to all your l-tune questions
Are you saying that I am not giving correct information? When I purchased my GS430 I had the full L-Tuned package installed, so I think I know what I am talking about.

Regarding Steve at Carson Toyota - when my dealer told me that the Steering ECU was not available for the GS430, I e-mailed Steve and he told me that "Sure it's available - I should be getting some more in stock and can Fed-Ex it to you for $$$." This made me curious so I called the 800 number on the L-Tuned website and talked to one of their Reps and he said that the ECU on the 430 has been upgraded at the factory so purchasing the "upgrade" from Steve would have been redundant.

DIESELMAN63,

To answer your question of can you order it prepainted...the answer is yes. If you go to L-Tuned's website it tells you what colors they keep in stock and which ones can be ordered. The side skirting and grill look great on mine which is black by the way.

hsls
Old 06-21-01, 02:02 PM
Knguyen OLD
Rookie

HSLS

If you did get the L-tuned package then you would have already been upgraded to the Steering ECU. I own a White 2001 GS430 and I noticed a difference when i installed mine. Moslty at Highway speeds.

So you are right in one way - that is that you don't need to upgrade your ECU because you already paid for the upgrade.

Others without the L-tuned package will still have the US ECU instead of the Euro/Jap ECU.

I could be wrong, but at least it sounds good

Psttt. No - flaming - we are just here to help. No one is perfect - we all make mistakes. Thats what forums are about - to help.

Khanh
Old 06-21-01, 02:09 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Hsls, thanks for the info.

Also, I think gs4will meant to be on the safe side I should ask Steve because he is a direct link to lexus parts and L-tuned. He wasn't trying to question your knowledge or to say you don't know what your talking about. If you read previous posts, gs4will has helped practically everyone on this board and is a vital member on this board in which everyone appreciates him.

Old 06-21-01, 03:18 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

HS,

like every new and old people who come to this board, this is imho, one of the best, if not the best auto forum in the world.

i was not questioning your reply; my intention was for D-man to find out something if he is not sure. hey, i wanted to know too. and i was glad to have read what you wrote. like everyone's info and opinion, i HAVE NEVER make any comments that are considered disrespectful and/or offensive.

like d-man said, steve has been our l-tune man for many years, and we have gone thru 3 diff site format with him. so it is only my natural reaction for D to call steve if he is not sure. totally nothing personal.

also in ref. to the ecu, the new gs430 ecu is upgraded; but it is still not the ecu that steve sells which is found on the european(british) sport model gs.

as i said, my capital lettering was not targeted towards you. hey, i type pretty slow, and yet i still like to participate with everyone for insights; no hard feeling heh..

william
Old 06-21-01, 04:45 PM
hsls
Driver School Candidate

gs4will,

I am not someone who normally "jumps" on anyone, so if I took your post wrong - my bad and of course no hard feelings.

hsls
Old 06-21-01, 07:43 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,357 Posts

gs_diehard,

I've just ordered the l-tuned skirts and grille (along with steering ECU) from Steve, so I'll post a picture in a few weeks once they arrive and I get them installed.

Like you, I'm keeping the stock front and rear for now and I wanted something just a little different and cleaner.

DMan,

Both the skirts and grille do come pre-painted to match.

The order will ship today, so it'll be a couple of weeks. Keep bugging me if you don't see pics.

David
Old 06-21-01, 07:53 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Dave GS4, do you mind me asking how much the side skirts & grille run ya?

thanks.
Old 06-21-01, 08:49 PM
GS_DieHard

DaveGS4,

I look forward to seeing pics of your car once you have the L-tuned grille and sideskirts installed! I like the fact that they come prepainted so you can install them right away. I hope they look good on your car, which will convince me to get them too!

The L-sportline sideskirt which biggie27 recommends is pretty nice too. Does anyone have pics of their car with the L-sportlines?
Old 06-22-01, 01:15 AM
GSAristo
Driver

Default L-Sportline

Here's a pic of my car with L-Sportline side skirts...

Attached Thumbnails L-tuned side skirt-hin-2.jpg  
Old 06-22-01, 02:35 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

al2jzge - did you take that picture after the cops "let you go"?

HSLS - If you bought a L-Tuned GS430, then you already have the ECU...NON L-Tuned GS430s DO NOT have the steering ECU. The dealer that told you that the Steering ECU was not avail. for the GS430 is full of ****. I have a GS430 and I have the steering ECU (thanks to Steve) and there is DEFNITELY a difference...

If you call Steve and ask him for a Steering ECU for a "GS430", of course he's going to say "yes"...if you said you had a "L-Tuned GS430", I'm sure he would have told you that you already have it.

Steve is a GOOD guy and anyone that's delt with him can back that up. He knows his **** and he would not rip people off on purpose like that.

Quick Reply: L-tuned side skirt