GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Tte/quad Exhaust Compared To Others.

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-01, 08:04 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, I have a few questions on this type of exhausts.

1) Not alot of people on here have quad exhausts, is there any reason why? I find that quad exhausts simply looks stunning on a GS. Don't get me wrong, all the other exhausts are excellant too.

2) Is there a significant difference in power/noise ratio compared to an exhaust like Greddy or Borlas?

3) Since I can't get a bodykit because of the streets, would it look weird JUST to get the rear Win bumper so I can fit the quad exhausts. Because I really don't like the "cut-out" that TTE made for it. Just looks nasty.

Thanks for any inputs.

Old 06-19-01, 08:28 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The WIN Rear With Stock Sides And Skirts would look... well NASTY.. sorry man, but its ok if you have a low front end and higher sides and rear, but a high front and skirts with a low body kit would look dirty. And i'm pretty sure WIN kit is made to look low at the rear, meaning the rear is lower than the stock rear bumper have you looked at the TTE rear bumper? it woulndn't be bad.
Old 06-19-01, 09:05 AM
disc108
Lead Lap

Originally posted by DIESELMAN63
Hey guys, I have a few questions on this type of exhausts.

1) Not alot of people on here have quad exhausts, is there any reason why? I find that quad exhausts simply looks stunning on a GS. Don't get me wrong, all the other exhausts are excellant too.

2) Is there a significant difference in power/noise ratio compared to an exhaust like Greddy or Borlas?

3) Since I can't get a bodykit because of the streets, would it look weird JUST to get the rear Win bumper so I can fit the quad exhausts. Because I really don't like the "cut-out" that TTE made for it. Just looks nasty.

Thanks for any inputs.
1) I have always loved quad exhaust and u hit it right on the nose w/ "stunning." The problem is getting rear bumpers to fit them. As you know, most bodykits, except maybe TTE's, are made for the doubles, not quads, and so if u get quads, it wont fit. As to why dont more companies make bodykits w/quads, maybe the demand isnt too high. There is a pic of a spectra blue GS4 in the RMM or CL gallery that has quad exhausts. I contacted RMM a long time ago and somebody replied back saying it was the RMM exhaust w/quad tips welded on.

2) No.

3) I happen to like the TTE rear cut outs.
Old 06-19-01, 09:16 AM
Gs400TRD
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Remus makes the QUAD exhaust...They are like $1200!!! this could also be a reason, plus even if it added 2 hp more than another aftermarket exhaust...I dont think it is worth the cost and work of modding the rear.
Old 06-19-01, 11:11 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

D-man,

i will add a few more points to your qs:

tte quad is made by remus- a good co. but the cost of $1200 makes people shy away from it. plus, like many said, you neeed to get a kit to make it look right.

as far as the power gain, all the systems you mentioned are mufflers only, so the gain does not differ that much.

will
Old 06-19-01, 11:34 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Thanks guys for your help.

Has anyone heard TTE/REMUS in real life? I remember a couple of people on this board had quads but I forgot who it was. For instance, I love how the M5 sounds, it sounds like its packing 800 HP.

I mean is the sound louder than for instance (greddy) or quiet like (l-tuned)? $1200 is alot for the mufflers , though so is alot of other MODS

So, I guess I'm stuck with either getting a full bodykit to make it fit or getting the tte cutout.
Old 06-19-01, 11:43 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up simply STUNNING !

disc, you mean this one?
Attached Thumbnails Tte/quad Exhaust Compared To Others.-bluegs.jpg  
Old 06-19-01, 11:44 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up !!!!!

or this?
Attached Thumbnails Tte/quad Exhaust Compared To Others.-bluelex.jpg  
Old 06-19-01, 12:06 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Thumbs up

NICE...i think they are both WIN kit
Old 06-19-01, 01:27 PM
KayGee
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Dual Exhaust and Body Kits

Here is my experience with quad exhaust and body kits:

I originally bought the Borla SS Oval exhaust for my GS after much recommendation from fellow Club Lexus members. After 2 days, I decided that they were too loud between 1K and 2K RPM. Maybe if I had a trunk full of subwoofers or was a little younger I would have had a different opinion.

Later, after more recommendation, I bought a Rod Millen front bumper and grill along with Win Racing replica side skirts and rear bumper. First of all, the rear bumper did not fit perfectly. My body shop did a good job of making it fit, but it did cost me more money and down time than if it would have fit perfectly like the Rod Millen front bumper. The only reason that I had the quad tips installed was to fit the cutout on the new bumper. Next I had the L-tuned suspension installed, but found out that it made my side skirts too low to cross the speed breakers at my daughter's school. I had the springs and shocks removed but I was still hitting the sides pretty hard on average sized speed bumps.

I went to have my tires rotated and the car would not fit on the side lift at the rim shop. A few days later, I got a flat and my factory jack would not fit under the WIN racing side skirts. To make an already long story shorter: I had the side skirts removed. Final results: UGLY car and a lot of wasted money. If I had it to do over again, I would only get a Rod Millen front and better rims.

My advice is: If you have to have a kit, consider your daily driving circumstances carefully. Also, if you have any reservations about the additonal noise that any aftermarket exhaust will create, stick with the factory mufflers and aftermarket tips.

Sorry for the long rambling note.

Last edited by KayGee; 06-19-01 at 01:48 PM.
Old 06-19-01, 01:33 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would rather cut out my stock bumper to make the quad fit than just getting a rear bumper. That'll look tacky.

Want me to DIY for you? Just give me a saw!
Old 06-19-01, 02:27 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

kaygee,

thanks for sharing your informative exp.w/us,
Old 06-19-01, 04:58 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Default Re: Dual Exhaust and Body Kits

Originally posted by kaygee
Here is my experience with quad exhaust and body kits:

I originally bought the Borla SS Oval exhaust for my GS after much recommendation from fellow Club Lexus members. After 2 days, I decided that they were too loud between 1K and 2K RPM. Maybe if I had a trunk full of subwoofers or was a little younger I would have had a different opinion.

Later, after more recommendation, I bought a Rod Millen front bumper and grill along with Win Racing replica side skirts and rear bumper. First of all, the rear bumper did not fit perfectly. My body shop did a good job of making it fit, but it did cost me more money and down time than if it would have fit perfectly like the Rod Millen front bumper. The only reason that I had the quad tips installed was to fit the cutout on the new bumper. Next I had the L-tuned suspension installed, but found out that it made my side skirts too low to cross the speed breakers at my daughter's school. I had the springs and shocks removed but I was still hitting the sides pretty hard on average sized speed bumps.

I went to have my tires rotated and the car would not fit on the side lift at the rim shop. A few days later, I got a flat and my factory jack would not fit under the WIN racing side skirts. To make an already long story shorter: I had the side skirts removed. Final results: UGLY car and a lot of wasted money. If I had it to do over again, I would only get a Rod Millen front and better rims.

My advice is: If you have to have a kit, consider your daily driving circumstances carefully. Also, if you have any reservations about the additonal noise that any aftermarket exhaust will create, stick with the factory mufflers and aftermarket tips.

Sorry for the long rambling note.
Ahh yes you were the one I saw with the quads !
Thanks alot for your inputs man, appreciate it !!

GlobeClk, yeah your right, the best bet is to do a custom job on the stocked rear bumper.

Ok, I've decided I'm going to get the quad and do alittle custom work on the bumper ! I hope everything turns out ok
Old 06-19-01, 05:40 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

I love the quad look,i am going to do that for my LS pretty soon,here is a sample of an LS with Quads.

http://importfan_ls400.homestead.com/ls400_VIP_IMC.html

That Spectrs Blue GS looks Tight!
Old 06-19-01, 05:49 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Will you be getting the IMC kit for your LS? seems like IMC loves to cover the botton of the exhausts it seems.

Good luck edogg i think you're LS is gonna be tight!

Quick Reply: Tte/quad Exhaust Compared To Others.