GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

!!! I hate TUSTIN LEXUS !!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-01, 12:35 PM
N10S1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by disc108
just saw a commerical for tustin lexus on CNBC. "Tustin Lexus--Right from the start." Yeah right. more like wrong from the start.
He he, that's good ****!! I was thinking the same thing! In fact I took their license plate cover off and was thinking about adding the words "Horribly Wrong" from the start to it with my brother P-touch! but decided that they do not need any free advertising from me.
Old 06-20-01, 08:35 PM
disc108
Lead Lap

i got my car back today...

My service sheet:

1) Cust States moisture in pass front head lamp
no moisture detected. ck seal, cks ok, no crackes...
(what is a crackes? hehe)
***yeah right. just because u dont see it doesnt mean its not there. why cant u just freaking take it apart and de-humidify it or something.

2) Cust states rattle in AC/Vent drivers side
road tested by tech. could not detect rattle from dash only. heard noise from items left in glove box.
*** they either did not road test or the tech. who tested this must have been deaf because it rattles pretty bad. dumb asses: all of them...before i thought it was just the service reps. that were incompetent. now i know its some of the technicians too.... great!

3) can head lites sensor be adjusted to come on @ an earlier time of day when is brighter out?
adjust head lamp sensor
***yay! they fixed something. at least they know something about the cbest system. i still need to verify if they did any adjustments though.

4) is it possible to turn up ASL
this is not possible
***i have the nav and cant figure how to turn up the ASL on it. maybe its possible, maybe its not. but hey, if tustin says its NOT possible, i think there's a 90% chance that it IS possible. anybody know how?

5) is it possible to intensify HID? handheld.
not possible no adjustment
***sTWO... can u ask ur service guy exactly how to do it or what codes to put in so that i can correct tustin?

6) Cust statest sushade becomes loose (what is a statest? hehe)
ck shade all clips secure. is in working order.
*** i did not say it wasnt in working order!!! i said it comes loose!!!! why cant u just change the damn parts or re-secure it from me. wtf is ur problem?

overall, i left w/a feeling of:
1) they are too lazy to replace anything.
2) just because they cant detect the problem in a 2 minute roadtest means the problem does not exist.
3) why cant they just change the damn part if i say its messed up. would i lie?
4) i felt like i was a liar and just bringing my car in for the hell of it.

also, they did not wash my car.. nor did they ask me if i wanted my car washed.
Old 06-20-01, 08:50 PM
N10S1
Driver

Dude, basically, they are telling you in an indirect way that they do not want to provide you with any warranty servicing until you start to shell out dinero for customer pay servicing such as oil changes and scheduled maintenance items.

what is so ridiculous is the fact that when I called in to ask how much an oil change would be, they quoted me $59.95! The most I have ever paid for 5w30 dinosaur based oil and filter has been $18. How much is a 4 wheel alignment? $160!!!! I have never paid over $50 for an alignment.

The part that kills me every time is that back in May of this year I had a rear pinion seal leaking oil from the final drive! I stopped by Tustin Lexus, and what do they say? "Well it looks like just some undercoating" Since when is undercoating wet and dripping? This is of course 5 months after I bought the car! I insist on getting the car inspected, what do they say? (I was at 10,320 miles) Well, your warranty will cover any tranny issues for another 60K miles, why don't you come back for your 15K service and we will look at this issue for you.

My question is if this concern is an "issue" then why are we prolonging the damage by not resolving it or even diagnosing it for another 5000 miles? Obviously what they are saying "Come back at 15K miles when we can RAPE you with our absurd prices for service and then we will consider providing you with warrany service." I think this dealer is ripe for some type of class action suit for denying owners warranty repairs.

Again, the best thing to do is to never go back to Tustin Lexus, except for the free beers and colas in their lounge! The only dealer in our area that seems to know what they are doing and is willing to go the extra mile to help IS300 owners has been Westminister Lexus, and thus any future warranty concerns will be addressed there. Just say NO to Tustin Lexus.

Last edited by N10S1; 06-20-01 at 08:57 PM.
Old 06-20-01, 10:26 PM
disc108
Lead Lap

Originally posted by N10S1
Just say NO to Tustin Lexus.
I like that. ur quotes are the best.

"Just say NO to drugs."
"Just say NO to premarital sex." Yeah right.
"Just say NO to Tustin Lexus." we need this on a bumper sticker. ill be first in line to buy 2.

did u get ur IS fixed @ westminister?

im down for some suiing. is it damn expensive? any lawyers in here around OC thatll do help us out (for free )?

Last edited by disc108; 06-20-01 at 10:33 PM.
Old 06-20-01, 11:10 PM
N10S1
Driver

Still waiting for my TRAC part to come in. I think too many IS300 owners stop by this site for the TSM info, TRAC part is backordered nationwide. About the lawsuit, we probably have to wait until a whole bunch of IS owners end up dead from accident due to either the "Blowtenza RE040's" or from the ECM/TRAC causing you to lose all useable power in the middle of some intersection, then a whole bunch of media coverage. "All good things come to those who wait."