GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

!!! I hate TUSTIN LEXUS !!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-01, 12:08 AM
disc108
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I went in today to get a couple of things fixed and when I arrived, I was ignored for 15 minutes, while standing in the full view of 2 service reps and neither said "Ill be right w/u" or asked "have u been helped?" finally, after im about to bust a nut, i go up to "Mr. Arlyn Apodaca," service consultant (or says his card im looking @ right now) and tell him i have an appointment. he says he needs to get something for his previous customer and goes off for 5 more min. by then, my mom has arrived and im *****ing loud about how much this dealer sucks and how everybody says this dealer sucks and how the service reps "dont know an alternator from their ***." <hehe>... im guessing he heard cuz he gave me an attitude while taking down my service requests.

i hate them. i totally and utterly hate them. if they werent only 5 minutes away, i would never go there again. longo and crown are all at least 45 min. away and im too lazy to go all the way down there. the main thing i care about is if they fix what i want them to fix. i can stand bad service but after 4 times, im about to set their damn place on fire.

*everything listed above is merely for fun and if anything DOES happen to tustin lexus, it is merely coincidence and i have nothing to do w/it.*

on a scale of 1-10, 1 being the worst and 10 being the best, tustin lexus get a negative 1 million.
Old 06-20-01, 12:17 AM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

oh man TED you should tell me be4 you go, I will refer you to my service representative, Robert. I luv Tustin's service every single time I go, always free carwash, even they are just putting on my L-tuned logo. so don't be so down on them... next time let me know firsT!!
Old 06-20-01, 01:22 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sometimes going that extra distance might help.

I live about 5 minutes away from Lexus of Cerritos but I don't go there because of the poor service the last 2 times I went there. I drive 30 minutes to Longo everytime I do my service now and it's well worth it.
Old 06-20-01, 01:56 AM
N10S1
Driver

"they don't know an alternator from their ***" Hey, that was my line! You are so right, ted I live like 2 miles away from these ****'s off Jamboree and I even bought my IS from them thinkin' that I would build a good working relationship with them, well, not after the poor service and absolute incompetence I experienced there. My IS was actually damaged everytime it was brought in for warranty repairs!

I no longer go to these fucts, my new Lexus dealer is Westminister Lexus, and let me tell you night and day difference.

Case in point, when I mentioned to Tustin Lexus' Service manager Mark Edwards, "Hey you know there is this severe shifting issue with my IS and a lot of folks on the forums are mentioning a fix for the ECM and the TRAC, do you know when I can get this done?"

Mr. M Edwards: " Where did you here such nonsense, there is nothing wrong with your car, you shouldn't believe everything you see on the forums, they are just a bunch of kids with too much free time on their hands. How can a bunch of nerds on the net know more about the IS300 than the dealer? We are the experts on your Lexus, and if we do not have any info on this subject then there is no problem."

Me: "Well, can you at least have someone test drive this car with me so I can show you what is going on?"

Mr. M Edwards: "No, there is nothing wrong with your car. It is covered by a 4 yr 50k warranty, so if something does go wrong we will fix it for you under warranty."

Me: "Yes, however I do not want to wait an additional 40 k miles for the additional wear and tear ruin my drivetrain. Why are you so irate and what is with this damm attitude?" (I was getting angry)

Mr. M Edwards: "I'm a christian, so don't you take the lords name in vain, I am offended, this conversations over!"

Me: "Don't pull the religion card on me! What, just because I'm asian you think I am not christian as well? You think all asians are buddist ? Do you know how many christian asians there are in the Irvine area?"

Mr. M Edwards: " Here is my card, there is the 800 number for Lexus, if you have anything more to say say it to them, there is nothing more we can do for you."

Me: "You haven't done a DAMM thing for me!!?"

Mr. M Edwards: "Watch your language!"

Me: "Don't try to change the subject, and try to turn this discussion of how poor the customer service at this dealer is into this bogus religious outrage that you speak of. Sir you are the farthest thing from being a christian!"

Well, at this point, the service manager simply ran out the side door to the service bay to avoid me. He knew I had him cornered. What fuc kin' boob.

Thus, from recommendations from other folks I when to Westminister Lexus and simply mentioned that there was some shifting hesitation (did not mention anything about info from the forum) Next, thing you know, they hand me a slip of paper stating that there is a technical service bulletin on the shifting issue, and that they have gone ahead and ordered a TRAC computer replacement part (however, parts on backorder and will have to wait several weeks) No test drives, no hassles, they just knew what was going on and handled the situation.

Also these folks are very mod friendly even telling me to get an SRT intake (from mo directly). Needless to say I will never go back to Tustin Lexus.
Old 06-20-01, 03:12 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know it doesn't help you out a lot, but you should call Lexus customer service and complain. Give them NAMES and tell them how you were treated...

I can't believe he tried to pull that religion crap...that's SO f***ing weak...

(sorry manaray had to edit, LexusRules)

Last edited by LexusRules; 06-20-01 at 08:01 AM.
Old 06-20-01, 07:08 AM
DevilDog
Lead Lap

The people at Tustin need to realize this: when you do a good job people will recommend you to there friends. But when you do a bad job they will tell ALL there friends you did a terrible job! Now with the internet we can tell not only our friends but a million other people too. They need to read the Lexus covenant again "treat a customer as a guest in your house". Good luck with your next service visit.

Old 06-20-01, 08:07 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can relate to what you guys are saying, i hate ken shaw, yet lot of people like it there. When i dealership damages your car to the point that it needs new headlights, fog light, front bumper, front quarter panel, and hood, then you know your dealership sucks @$$ (most likely, literaly)

the worst part is that now we have:

-black crud on the wheels
-mismatched paint
-a HUGE scratch under the fuel door
-two dents on the left side of the car
-mismatched headlights (one set new, one old)

they refused to do anything, we argued and now all that they are doing is repainting the scratch, what idiots

sorry to all that like ken shaw, i'm going to somewhere else from now on.
Old 06-20-01, 08:38 AM
whitediamond
Pole Position

Default Avoid Lexus of Riverside

Lexus of Riverside is no jewel either. Bad service writers. Terrible parts counter help. Attitude everywhere,. On more then just a few occasions. You cant even go in there with a smile without it getting knocked off your face within minutes. Almost like going to a Buick dealer.
Old 06-20-01, 10:34 AM
Black_IS300
Pole Position

I have had problems with Tustin Lexus too... but with their sales department. Ive never had a problem with their service
Old 06-20-01, 10:35 AM
Gs400TRD
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am with you guys on This.
WESTSIDE LEXUS is crap...When I Went to buy my car from there They tried to sell me a gs3 when I clearly told the F***king idiot that I want a Gs4 and this is what I was willing to pay...oh well, ended up buying from NorthSide Lexus.
Ok first free tune up:
3 things WestSide didn't do:
Rotate Tires, Wash Car, Road test. No real biggie. Just incase they didn't change the oil...I changed it after 1500 miles...it was deep black...hmmm makes me wonder.
Ok when I had my first encounter with moisture in the headlamps...I took it to westside...it is 2 minutes from where I used to work...they said it wasn't a defect and that's how the lights were designed. after reading the forum here...I took it to where I purchased the car NorthSide...which is own by the same people...They ordered new ones washed and vacuumed my car while I waited. Last Time I went to buy some touch up paint for my GS...in my friends 911C4...when I got to the counter they asked me what I was looking for again, for my ES...they had the FAX in front of them with my order for the paint for the GS...

I don't know if it's me but they seems to treat me as if I am some spoiled punk kid who must have rich parents or illegally made money to buy the GS. I am not trying to pick on any of our older wiser friends here, but shouldn't they treat us 20 something with the same amount if not more respect as the 40 & 50+ year old owners? WE are more likely to buy more LEXes in our lifetime since we had an earlier start. Sorry just VENTING!
Old 06-20-01, 11:20 AM
disc108
Lead Lap

i agree. they always treat the younger ones like crap... however, when i going to buy my car, i went price shopping and i was meeting my mom up @ longo lexus. i arrived first and the sales guy kissed my ***. he even let me test drive it and play w/everything and was courteous and super. so was my salesman @ crown lexus.

crown lexus' service is also ****ty. remember awhile back when there was a TSB about a new GS ECU to fix the hesitation? crown denied it and treated me like i didnt know WTF i was talking about. i went back w/a part # and after 10 minutes, the service guy came back, threw the paper back at me, said i didnt need the ECU (because mine was already the newer one), and walked out the door.

the only thing i DID like about crown was that they let me have a loaner car. but ever since, its 21 and above for other dealers... WTF?! my insurance covers me regardless of what car im in and shiet, i have a lex too. they think im gonna crash theirs?! ridiculous....
Old 06-20-01, 11:23 AM
disc108
Lead Lap

Originally posted by N10S1
"they don't know an alternator from their ***" Hey, that was my line! You are so right, ted I live like 2 miles away from these ****'s off Jamboree and I even bought my IS from them thinkin' that I would build a good working relationship with them, well, not after the poor service and absolute incompetence I experienced
u wouldnt happen to live in winwood knoll, would u?
Old 06-20-01, 11:43 AM
N10S1
Driver

Nope Barrrington - fieldstone homes the builder, off topic but they build crap houses in irvine, don't buy from them either They also build concord tract as well, and let me tell you absolutely no sound insulation in the walls. you flush a toilet upstairs and everyone in the living room hears it filling back up. plus their warranty administrators are a joke as well, just like tustin lexus. $470 k for a stupid 2000 sq/ft 4 bedroom house, its just ridiculous for the price. Friends in Florida would have a palace with several acres of land and there own lake for that type of price. Everyone in this area is just getting reemed, too much demand, not enough supply.
Old 06-20-01, 12:17 PM
disc108
Lead Lap

just saw a commerical for tustin lexus on CNBC. "Tustin Lexus--Right from the start." Yeah right. more like wrong from the start.
Old 06-20-01, 12:27 PM
QBranchCars
Lead Lap

Guys,

If you can use your comments to add to the thread in the Maintenance forum in rating your service dept, that would be great. We will consolidate all these comments and send them to Lexus, and share among our members. Thanks.

Quick Reply: !!! I hate TUSTIN LEXUS !!!