GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Not quite done but almost!!! 56k NONO

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-05, 11:08 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Not quite done but almost!!! 56k NONO

Picked up my car from Auto Werks in El Monte..... they did a fantastic job! Repainted the whole car w/ Veilside K1 kit installed... Veilside K1 Spoiler... and a UGO roof spoiler... oh and my Q45/BMW projector mod headlights.

I'm still missing my chrome trimming for my front and rear bumper.....

next on the list....
JDM wind deflectors
Black Braubus type mesh behind the bumper
and well.... not sure yet..... gotta save $$$

first bird poop documented!!!

Old 05-19-05, 11:10 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

check out the paint finish..... MIRROR and DEEP just the way I like it..... oh btw it is painted Bentley Black courtesy of Auto Werks in El MOnte and the lights done by Justin aka LCA575.... primo job guys!

Last edited by UptownGS; 06-28-05 at 01:11 PM.
Old 05-19-05, 11:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

very good job man, i love the black color, it's so classy. and your car looks sooo aggressive man, big props to you!
Old 05-19-05, 11:45 PM
LasVegasGS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude your car is so SIIIICCCKKKK!!!! Lets get some shots of the UGO. Also did you use spray on tint on your taillights?
Old 05-19-05, 11:46 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

yeah I used the JDM spray tint.... but now w/ the new paint I wish I had gotten the tint film instead.....

btw.... I was worreid about the K1 spoiler.... and right now I'm kinda tossed up on it.... at some angles i love it and at some angles it bothers me.... but it is growing on me. I dont know what to do.... I just dont want to do anything w/ it b/c of others opinions but only of my own....

yet I am asking for yalls opinions b/c I'm truly tossed up w/ it.... I'm thinking of going w/ the OEM spoiler.... i think it'll match the UGO's angle real well....

Last edited by UptownGS; 05-19-05 at 11:49 PM.
Old 05-20-05, 12:29 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by UptownGS
yeah I used the JDM spray tint.... but now w/ the new paint I wish I had gotten the tint film instead.....

btw.... I was worreid about the K1 spoiler.... and right now I'm kinda tossed up on it.... at some angles i love it and at some angles it bothers me.... but it is growing on me. I dont know what to do.... I just dont want to do anything w/ it b/c of others opinions but only of my own....

yet I am asking for yalls opinions b/c I'm truly tossed up w/ it.... I'm thinking of going w/ the OEM spoiler.... i think it'll match the UGO's angle real well....
i suggest you buff the hell out of teh taillights to get the shine? right now it's to dull
Old 05-20-05, 12:36 AM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
i suggest you buff the hell out of teh taillights to get the shine? right now it's to dull
what steps do you recommend..... i'm afraid of the tints.... I have a porter cable... you think I should go in there w/ a buffer pad and go high speed w/ a polish?
Old 05-20-05, 12:46 AM
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

your car is looking good man. i know what you mean about the VS wing...i waivered back and forth on that one too but ultimately decided on the explosion 3 piece. yeah, i know it isn't the most subtle either but it fit the RMM kit and JP roof spoiler well IMO. but hey, enjoy the car for a bit and let the new paint job sink in before you make your final decision. overall, you're looking nice and aggressive...sinister is probably a better word. props on the retro fit too. i hope some type of clear bra is on your agenda to protect that fresh paint man.
Old 05-20-05, 12:50 AM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GS wanted
your car is looking good man. i know what you mean about the VS wing...i waivered back and forth on that one too but ultimately decided on the explosion 3 piece. yeah, i know it isn't the most subtle either but it fit the RMM kit and JP roof spoiler well IMO. but hey, enjoy the car for a bit and let the new paint job sink in before you make your final decision. overall, you're looking nice and aggressive...sinister is probably a better word. props on the retro fit too. i hope some type of clear bra is on your agenda to protect that fresh paint man.
awesome!!! sinister was the exact word I was looking for... I just didn't want to automatically claim sinister w/o it actually appearing that way to others....

btw.... I am looking for someone to xpel but dont know who.... can you recommend me someone down here?

also, i only 3m'd the rear spoiler so I just might change the look later on.... we'll see.
Old 05-20-05, 12:54 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by UptownGS
what steps do you recommend..... i'm afraid of the tints.... I have a porter cable... you think I should go in there w/ a buffer pad and go high speed w/ a polish?

nono, i mean buffing your current painted taillight. use porter cable and some fine polishing compound (get the final step or the ultra fine ones) and just buff the hell out of it
Old 05-20-05, 01:12 AM
49GS400
Lead Lap

Mad props on your car. That car looks absolutely gorgeous. WANNA TRADE?
Old 05-20-05, 02:02 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Very sinister looking.
Old 05-20-05, 02:44 AM
babyGS3
Lexus Champion

HI mom.. I'm on Camera!!!!.... daym.. that is a great shine!

not to mention.. very nice car! I like the matte headlights with the q45 conversion.
Old 05-20-05, 03:35 AM
JsN
Driver

I believe I just wet my pants
Old 05-20-05, 04:59 AM
SOFIA
Pole Position

OUCH! nice COLOR!! i love it! i do love it!!

i like the RIMZ, LIGHTS....everything in ur car SEXY!!

its really shining huh

good job

Quick Reply: Not quite done but almost!!! 56k NONO