GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Anyone Know The Difference Between Q45's XENON to Ours?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-01, 11:29 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I keep hearing that the new Q45's xenon is the most brightest lights IN THE WORLD. Anyone know what things are different in their design to make it brighter. I saw on the commercial that it has "7 lenses" or something like that.

Old 06-20-01, 01:11 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its like they have 7 hids all together, thats why they are so bright i think
Old 06-20-01, 01:31 PM
Kaban
Lead Lap

D-Man,

Infiniti's HID is like their horsepower; more is = less; 340Hp and still slower than a 290Hp Ls430.
Their HID is actually 1 bulb but has a 7 lense projector.

The Lex HID is probably 1.5x brighter than halogen and Q45 is about 1.7x brighter, so it's not noticable. If they would sqeeze 7 HID bulbs into one lamp, those head lights would cost $4K alone.
Old 06-20-01, 02:48 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

ahhh okay, its just another trick in advertisement by infinity . They make it sound like they created a whole new level of xenon lights.
Old 06-20-01, 09:03 PM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I personally think the lights on the new Q45 are shaped and designed really well. You can say bad stuff about the rest of the car, but not the headlights, you know they are awesome!
Old 06-21-01, 01:47 AM
v300
Lead Lap

Default well met

Originally posted by nanotech
I personally think the lights on the new Q45 are shaped and designed really well. You can say bad stuff about the rest of the car, but not the headlights, you know they are awesome!
I second your opinion. Even though the 0-60 and 1/4 quarter mile comparison show that the LS430 whooped the Q45, I believe the Q has great potential. Stillen is already starting off where UPRD left off on the Q research. I know that the gearing has to be recalibrated with a closer ratio and there are just to many cats.

Well there is only a slight problem with the Q's light system... it's going to be on the new Altima.
Old 06-21-01, 01:58 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

saw new Q at the airport today.

Very tiny car, not what i expected, at all. Looks and feels like it's about the size of a Maxima, alittle fatter.

The styling was pretty cool tho. Headlights looked like some Altima, seriously.:eek:
Old 06-21-01, 06:35 AM
Gs400TRD
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The guy that lives next door to me got one...I saw it pulling out of the garage this moring. does look nice in white.
Old 06-21-01, 09:51 AM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

I really don't like the shape of the new Q. Its quite simple and it looks like a lot of these mercurys and mitsubishis I think, except its slightly bigger. The headlights are the only exterior feature that I like, the interior is cool though, a little more ergonomic than the LS430 and I like all the gadgetry too.

Have you guys heard about the new types of headlights that may come out in the future that rely on the GPS and use its maps and satellites to angle and turn the lights according to the road up ahead. Neat, huh? The problem with it might be if they don't update the computer's maps in realtime. When a road is changed and now does not have a turn in it, then the headlights will be swaying left and right when the road is just straight that would be weird!
Old 06-21-01, 11:15 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Though, I give them props with the interior. Thats one of the best interiors that I have seen IMO. I like the way the NAV is setup and how all the gadgets are arranged.
Old 06-21-01, 11:36 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IMO the interior is almost exactly the same as the LS like with the big bubble with the NAV and the top of the control console, it looks really good i agree, i like the white.

i think its rear-end doen'st look very appealing, i just saw one driving by with 2 adults in the back (by no means large) and 2 adults in the front, and

A) the rear saged down as low as a civic with people in it!

B) the rear end looks ugly, like they wasted all their time making the front nice and then just putting something at the back...
Old 06-21-01, 01:52 PM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

We're not saying the new Q has movable lights, we are just saying that it is a possibility on all future luxury cars.

The new Q's interior looks very nice, it has lots of neat little gadgets, and horsepower is good too, even though it may be slower than an LS430.

I agree that it looks ugly from the rear, I actually think the whole car looks very ugly, EXCEPT for the headlights, those are really nice.

If only it had looked a little better from the outside, I am sure Infiniti would have a lot more buyers!
Old 06-21-01, 01:59 PM
MrHorse
Pole Position

Default Out comes the iron glove..

SMACK!

The LS43 lights are not brighter than the new Q's. Every article I've read states that the Q has the best lights they've yet tested. You can also adjust the height of the beam projected onto the road. It's not some "cheap" HID light with 7 lenses. Don't be shooting your mouth off if you don't know what' you're talking about. Just because it's an Infiniti and not a Lexus doesn't mean you get to slam it. Some people prefer the LS lights. Most DON'T. Each time anyone has written a review on the LS and the Q, the Q comes out on top re: light design. And, they're comparing the new LS body styling to the old S series Benz and the new Avalon, which, in my opinion is plain fugly. Some Japanese designer had way too many Sake when he was styling the Avalon. Bleh..

In either case, the shapes of the new Q and the LS are completely different. Some people like this one, others that one. Same with the interior. Don't even tell me that the Q console bites off the LS control center. They're not even CLOSE to being similar. The only feature they share is a big TFT in the center. But the shape, size, width, depth, and the look of the center console is completely different.

Guy asks about HID lights and you go on slamming the Q for the interior and exterior design.

Yes the LS is awesome. But so is the Q. Don't knock if you haven't test driven it. Or owned it. Educate yourself first.
Old 06-21-01, 02:16 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Default COMPARISONS ! COMPARISONS !

The Q
Attached Thumbnails Anyone Know The Difference Between Q45's XENON to Ours?-q45pic.jpg  
Old 06-21-01, 02:17 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

LS430
Attached Thumbnails Anyone Know The Difference Between Q45's XENON to Ours?-ls430_int.jpg  

Quick Reply: Anyone Know The Difference Between Q45's XENON to Ours?