GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Where can I purchase L-Sportline Springs.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-01 | 08:57 AM
Dazz5627
Driver

Anyone know of any places in Houston or any websites that I can get the L-Sportline springs?
Old 06-21-01 | 11:08 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Lightbulb

L-sportline suspension is way too expensive IMO. Why not get H&R springs?
Old 06-21-01 | 11:09 AM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Dazz5627
Anyone know of any places in Houston or any websites that I can get the L-Sportline springs?
Try Todd@TMEngineering (310) 537-6800 or
www.tmengineering.net OR

David@gtautosports.com www.gtautosports.com...

I would recommend the former

May I ask why L-sportline springs? At that ride height you will have to purchase the shocks that go with them because your stock shocks will go out in a few months. That combination is a few hundred dollars shy of a true coilover system by Tein which will give you the same ride height PLUS adjustability in the ride height...

The H&R/Bilsteing combo or the Eibach/Bilstein combo is far less expensive with the only drawback being a more conservative ride height...

If you really like the lower ride height of L-sportline then I strongly suggest you just save up for a coilover system for a few hundred dollars more...More bang for your buck.

Brent

Last edited by BLiu; 06-21-01 at 12:26 PM.
Old 06-21-01 | 12:03 PM
Dazz5627
Driver

Originally posted by BLiu

Try Todd@TMEngineering (310) 527-6800 or
www.tmengineering.net OR

David@gtautosports.com www.gtautosports.com...

I would recommend the former

May I ask why L-sportline springs? At that ride height you will have to purchase the shocks that go with them because your stock shocks will go out in a few months. That combination is a few hundred dollars shy of a true coilover system by Tein which will give you the same ride height PLUS adjustability in the ride height...

The H&R/Bilsteing combo or the Eibach/Bilstein combo is far less expensive with the only drawback being a more conservative ride height...

If you really like the lower ride height of L-sportline then I strongly suggest you just save up for a coilover system for a few hundred dollars more...More bang for your buck.

Brent
I just heard that those were of a good quality. I didn't know they were more expensive than the others. I might decide to go with the Eibachs. If I just went with the springs, how would the stock shocks be affected in the long run? I just forked out $4500 on rims and my spending is now limited.
Old 06-21-01 | 12:24 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

If you replaced just the springs you will lose about 1" to 1.4" of travel on your stock shocks depending on the which springs you choose. Regardless, of which lowering springs you put on, they will cause your stock shocks to wear out faster. If you just replace the springs, then within a couple of months to a half year's time you will have to buy shocks anyway and then pay for the same amount of labor to put them on as you would for the springs. This, of course doesn't apply if you are installing everything yourself (BUT I doubt if that is what you are going to do).

So, in saving money now by not purchasing aftermarket shocks to go with your lowering springs, you are just delaying the inevitable at which time you will have to pay the same labor again to install aftermarket shocks. Most places will charge you the same amount of labor if you were replacing the springs as if you were replacing springs AND shocks. If your shop is going to charge you more for installing shocks, then go somewhere else because there is no more labor involved in replacing the shocks along with the springs. So you are really only looking at the additional cost of the aftermarket shocks -Bilsteins will runs about $415 - $465. gs4will has great prices. Check with Todd @ TMengineering, he has decent prices as well... Hope this helps.

Your best bet is to save up for springs and shocks and do it all at once...

CORRECTION: Todd's number is (310) 537-6800 Sorry!

Brent
Old 06-21-01 | 12:27 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

D,

usually people do both spring and shock at the same time to save ~$250 for another future install+alignment. but since you just forked over $4500 on rims, this prob would be a tough sell for you.

stock shocks would not be ruined, but they would wear out faster as they are not made to match the more aggressive spring rate of eib/hr springs. according to members, in ~12-18 months, you would need the BILSTEINS.

assess your own budget and situation, and if you decide, i can get you the shocks for $425 to your door.

william

Old 06-21-01 | 12:40 PM
Dazz5627
Driver

Originally posted by gs4will
D,

usually people do both spring and shock at the same time to save ~$250 for another future install+alignment. but since you just forked over $4500 on rims, this prob would be a tough sell for you.

stock shocks would not be ruined, but they would wear out faster as they are not made to match the more aggressive spring rate of eib/hr springs. according to members, in ~12-18 months, you would need the BILSTEINS.

assess your own budget and situation, and if you decide, i can get you the shocks for $425 to your door.

william

Hey William, I have decided to purchase the shocks from you. What info do you need from me? Also what series shocks are they? Here's my email address: chris.hoang@cingular.com
And thanks for everyone's input. It really helped me out a lot.
Old 06-21-01 | 12:45 PM
Dazz5627
Driver

Originally posted by gs4will
D,

william

Hey William, I have decided to purchase the shocks from you. What info do you need from me? Also what series shocks are they? Here's my email address: chris.hoang@cingular.com
And thanks for everyone's input. It really helped me out a lot.
Old 06-21-01 | 12:54 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Chris,

you have got mail....

william