GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Sibling (or Spousal) Rivalry ? – The Tale of a 2 Lexi Family

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-05, 10:19 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 314 Likes on 192 Posts

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Wheels, cars, brakes on both just look amazing!!!! Excellent choice on finish of wheels on your car Glen!!! I have always liked that combo of brushed center and polished inner and outer barrels!!!

I am so envious of your wheels and those meaty tires!!!!

I am going for the same shaved look on the rear end of my GS - just like yours! That "V8" emblem is from which model of Toyota/Lexus?

What tires did you have before? The Bridgestone S0-3's? Mine still have a lot of life left in them but they are now so annoyingly noisy! Riding in my car compared to my wife's Maxima is like riding in a lawn mower. The noise from the tires is just driving me nuts.
Old 05-31-05, 10:33 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

glenn , all i can say is wow , what a beautiful set of cars. that style of hre flows well with your car and body enhancements , i must admit those 295 out back almost make my 285 look like skinnies

great work glenn i suspect F/I is next up to bat but which lucky ride goes under the knife first
Old 05-31-05, 10:37 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lexforlife
great work glenn i suspect F/I is next up to bat but which lucky ride goes under the knife first
LOL, which one is first is the right sentiment.
Old 05-31-05, 10:44 AM
svt5150
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glen-

Looks great.... but for the rest of the people, wait til you see the size of these tires in person. Contact patch rivals a 305! Sweet!
Old 05-31-05, 11:56 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Finally! Great choice!!!! Cant wait to see them in person!

Get those foglights in already!

Last edited by flipside909; 05-31-05 at 12:02 PM.
Old 05-31-05, 12:36 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jawnthen
yeah one helluva family there...ya'll should see how the distant daily driver cousin is treated.

all i can say is....can you and indogrl adopt me please?

Well yeah you certaintly are a distant cousin. You can notice the resemblance in the photo below. And you can certaintly tell which side of the family you come from by the apparent good looks .

Old 05-31-05, 12:40 PM
LexFather

Now that is one tight family Awesome mods and pics!!!
Old 05-31-05, 12:50 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by Lexis11
Very very nice family pictures lol.
The wheels are very clean and set the car off just right. Did the IS always have HRE's or did you guys buy them together??
No, baby IS was introduced to the world with the HRE booties. Big Bro has been jealous ever since even tho he had is own custom set of shoes.

Originally Posted by bluelex
Just flawless looking...I'm a bolt guy myself but the no bolts on 20's makes up for not haveing them. Just very aggressive with the Red calipers and Wider stance yet Clean and Classy with the choice of brushed centers for that alpine silver which i always felt is the best choice for alpine silver. i'm glad someone out there besides myself loves the rubberband look ...Huge congrats. now get that other stuff installed already

Thanks Adrian. I think your comments are pretty much the look I was going for. The bolts were tuff to give up and yeah we share the same taste in tire profile.

Maybe we're related as well? I notice a resemblance especially around the chin.and eyes

Originally Posted by alsilverbullet
Very beautiful pictures indeed!! Both cars are just stunning!!!!! I have also heard some great things about the PS2 tires and might consider getting them as my next set after my S03's are worn. Do you have any rubbing with the 255-30-20 up front? I have 285's in my rear and always wanted to go wider to a 295 but was not sure if I would start rubbing.............nonetheless I assume going with a 30 size tire up front and 25 in the rear should be fine.
Thanks ! On the rear, I still have about a half inch of clearance on the inner side of the wheel well, but the outside is maxed out. I did some major surgery on the lip . I'll post some pics of that mod in a future thread. Yeah the front is rubbing just a tad when I turn full crank. I have no front fender mods at this point, so when I do the mods that I've done for others running on 20's I should be OK. I slightly hit the plastic with a full car load and over a bump, but it's really minor. Should have the front done this week. I'll post pics of where I'm rubbing then.

Everyone else. Thanks for the compliments guys.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 06-01-05 at 12:06 AM.
Old 05-31-05, 12:54 PM
Mrbig
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lex family

Very nice both cars look great.......
Old 05-31-05, 01:13 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by Hameed
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Wheels, cars, brakes on both just look amazing!!!! Excellent choice on finish of wheels on your car Glen!!! I have always liked that combo of brushed center and polished inner and outer barrels!!!

I am so envious of your wheels and those meaty tires!!!!

I am going for the same shaved look on the rear end of my GS - just like yours! That "V8" emblem is from which model of Toyota/Lexus?

What tires did you have before? The Bridgestone S0-3's? Mine still have a lot of life left in them but they are now so annoyingly noisy! Riding in my car compared to my wife's Maxima is like riding in a lawn mower. The noise from the tires is just driving me nuts.
Hameed, I did like you and cut n pasted my responses. Doesn't do a lot for post count but it sure is easier.

Well I know you were always luvin the wheels. It was hard dancing around the subject what rims I was getting. I knew you were on to me for a while. If the front tires didn't take 2 months to get released I would of posted a long time ago. These tires are surprisingly quiet. I had the PS 1 before. Redgs4 is going from SO3 to Goodyear and now to the PS2 in a few months. He'll be able to provide some good insight.

The V8 emblem is from a Ford truck I believe. Got it new on Ebay. Never know what you'll find.

Originally Posted by lexforlife
glenn , all i can say is wow , what a beautiful set of cars. that style of hre flows well with your car and body enhancements , i must admit those 295 out back almost make my 285 look like skinnies

Thanks Ed ! I was heavily debating to do a major color change on the car, but the look of the brushed rims on the silver has me sticking to what I got. Those 295s are definitely meaty. I' ll have to dig up a pic of my 285 next to this 295. Even tho both tires are Michelin and the size is supposed to be only 10mm more, I can tell ya Michelin is literally stretching the truth on that size. I measured almost a full inch wider tread width than the 285s. I'd say these tires are very close to having tread width the same as a 305 size.
Old 05-31-05, 01:45 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

congrats on the wheels glen, so finally i don't have to keep my mouth shut anymore nice stuff
Old 05-31-05, 02:07 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Both rides are beautiful. Love the new HREs. The 295s look HUGE in the rear, and I am also a big fan of the rubber bands. Any reason you used stoptech on the IS instead of AP racing?
Old 05-31-05, 04:03 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

OMG... Both cars are looking great Glen. You've waited a long time for new shoes and it paid off big time... Now Big bro can be top dawg again.. haha Your GS has always been one of my favorites and now with the wheels, I'm just speechless.

I must admit, you have more guts then many of us rollin on 25 series tires in the rear. Keep your tire pressure on high status and watch for those nasty pot holes man.. Can't wait to see your car again... Oh, can't forget about the wifey.. Her car was "Pimp Status" from the get go...
Old 05-31-05, 05:42 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats man

nothings says BALLA like HRE's

pics look great ......i think i read that whole IS thread back in the day

and i always love reading your old ones

keep the good work ....whats thisi hear about F/I

oh yeah holy crap on the 20x11...how was fitment ??
Old 05-31-05, 07:41 PM
kevs
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's been said, but I'll say it again...the ride looks awesome, Glen.

Hats off to your awesome HRE's...

Quick Reply: Sibling (or Spousal) Rivalry ? – The Tale of a 2 Lexi Family