GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Sibling (or Spousal) Rivalry ? – The Tale of a 2 Lexi Family

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-05, 09:11 PM
GQD_GS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

now adopt the ls430!!!
Old 05-31-05, 09:21 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Looks great G!!
Old 05-31-05, 10:24 PM
chaskim
Pole Position

Default Wow

Nice and Clean.

Love the rims and glad to see you went with the design you wanted.

Talk to you soon G and say hi to the Family.

Chaskim
Old 05-31-05, 11:04 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lexforlife
i suspect F/I is next up to bat but which lucky ride goes under the knife first

Originally Posted by T.L.W.
....whats thisi hear about F/I
Well let's just say the wifey is "Lliving in a FI world and she is an FI girl" (To the tune of "Material Girl")

Originally Posted by T.L.W.

oh yeah holy crap on the 20x11...how was fitment ??
Johnny,
well the offset was pushed out so the rim edge was parallel with the fender and the whole inside fender lip is now gone. I'll post pics next week when it's looking pretty. Still doing some final mod work under there.

Of course trying to get the most traction, the PS2 has some of the best grip currently available. The BFG KDW is the only other worthy tire out there, but too bad they don't have anything in 295 to 305. Using the 3.76 gears and potentially FI in the not too distant future. Let's just say you can see where I'm headed.

Originally Posted by flipside909
Get those foglights in already!
Yea I know, I know. See you in a couple of weeks.

Originally Posted by rominl
congrats on the wheels glen, so finally i don't have to keep my mouth shut anymore
Yeah Henry we know how hard that is for you. J/K

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
Both rides are beautiful. Love the new HREs. The 295s look HUGE in the rear, and I am also a big fan of the rubber bands. Any reason you used stoptech on the IS instead of AP racing?
Thanks Rich
Even though the IS wheels are 19 x 8 and 19 x 9, the HRE 441 series wheels are not BBK friendly. The Supra TT brakes don't have a chance to clear. The Stop Techs are one of the few brakes that would clear and I still had to add a 2mm spacer. The Brembo's fit too for like another $800 over the Stop Techs !
Old 05-31-05, 11:07 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by LXOGOOD
OMG... Both cars are looking great Glen. You've waited a long time for new shoes and it paid off big time... Now Big bro can be top dawg again.. haha Your GS has always been one of my favorites and now with the wheels, I'm just speechless.

I must admit, you have more guts then many of us rollin on 25 series tires in the rear. Keep your tire pressure on high status and watch for those nasty pot holes man.. Can't wait to see your car again... Oh, can't forget about the wifey.. Her car was "Pimp Status" from the get go...
Yo Ken, just tryin to keep up my end of the state. You def. know I've been searching for a long time. If I didn't have Wheel Techniques as one of my best friends in the industry, I don't know if I'd go to these 25 series tires. The miracle they pulled off with my old rims convinced me to move ahead with No Fear.

Yeah, you know the wifey well enough to know she's serious about her modding habits.

Originally Posted by kevs
It's been said, but I'll say it again...the ride looks awesome, Glen.

Hats off to your awesome HRE's...
Kev, we've talked on the phone almost daily at times, so you know what an effort it takes to get these cars where they are. On top of that you know there is one more "Older" sibling that hasn't been mentioned and recently got a hard dose of the mod bug. I'm not even going there since it is soo OT.

Originally Posted by GQD_GS4
now adopt the ls430!!!
I'd love to mod a LS. That 50% off deal on sponsorship had me thinking for a minute.

Originally Posted by LexAristo
Looks great G!!
Bryan, hope to see you again soon. And congrats on COTM.

Originally Posted by chaskim
Nice and Clean.

Love the rims and glad to see you went with the design you wanted.

Talk to you soon G and say hi to the Family.

Chaskim
Charles, I can tell you the ride is amazingly quieter and smoother than when you rode with me on the old 19's. It's only noisier on grooved pavement. Gotta go to Vegas with the kids. Maybe this summer??
Old 05-31-05, 11:26 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Both rides are beautiful. Love the new HREs. The 295s look HUGE in the rear, and I am also a big fan of the rubber bands. Any reason you used stoptech on the IS instead of AP racing?
stoptech is still a lot cheaper after all, you know
Old 05-31-05, 11:28 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i saw those wheels in person today and talked to glen a lot about fitment and such. those wheels are very nice in person. the 295/25 actually aren't that bad at all imho, it's a bit less than my 275/30 but it's still about the same. so overall i dont' think glen is going to bend the wheels

good stuff glen!
Old 06-01-05, 09:32 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Haha cousins...when we were still stock October 2003:
Old 06-01-05, 01:45 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
Thanks Rich
Even though the IS wheels are 19 x 8 and 19 x 9, the HRE 441 series wheels are not BBK friendly. The Supra TT brakes don't have a chance to clear. The Stop Techs are one of the few brakes that would clear and I still had to add a 2mm spacer. The Brembo's fit too for like another $800 over the Stop Techs !
So in your opinion the Brembos are not worth the extra money over the Stop Techs? What about the AP Racing you have? I know that the two systems are on differentt cars but could you compare the two, as far as build quality and stopping power? This is on my list of mods so I am asking a lot of questions
Old 06-01-05, 01:46 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
stoptech is still a lot cheaper after all, you know
Cheaper meaning less quality? I realize they are less expensive than the brembos just wondering what this comment really means?
Old 06-01-05, 01:52 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Cheaper meaning less quality? I realize they are less expensive than the brembos just wondering what this comment really means?
I believe he means price. He and I talked about this before he bought it.
Old 06-01-05, 05:00 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Very nice Glenn, the rivetless is best executed on larger diameter wheels (20") and the tires are a nice choice as well. 295 seems to be a good balance of nice big tire, but not too big.

Enjoy!
Old 06-01-05, 10:20 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

no, just cheaper, that's all, not necessary worse, i never meant that

for ap racing, brembo, basically you get more status

and i don't think brembo will fit behind those hre wheels on the is300. brembo calipers are big
Old 06-02-05, 12:41 AM
RMMGS4

So in your opinion the Brembos are not worth the extra money over the Stop Techs? What about the AP Racing you have? I know that the two systems are on differentt cars but could you compare the two, as far as build quality and stopping power? This is on my list of mods so I am asking a lot of questions

Brembo, Stop Tech and AP Racing all have a PROVEN record on the race track in many different forms of racing.. All three brands are used extensively. I think that alone speaks for itself.

The StopTechs are used on the Team Lexus race cars and I have heard comments that the drivers like the performance of the brakes.

Brembo's have been used for OEM and racing for decades, nuff said.

AP Racing has been used in some of the most competitive forms of racing including Formula 1 and Motorcycle racing.

Can't go wrong with any of them. I'd say the deciding factors are bang for the buck and looks.
Old 06-03-05, 08:43 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

How did I miss this thread? Okay, the wheels are finally on!

Congrats, Glen.!

Now, if I could just figure out what I did to NOT be able to see the pictures...

All these months of waiting to see this and now the pics don't show up! Dang!

Quick Reply: Sibling (or Spousal) Rivalry ? – The Tale of a 2 Lexi Family