GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

60k service at 114k?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-05, 05:52 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

The 98+GS do NOT have spark plug wires. I wonder why they are charging you to change parts that you dont even have
Old 06-08-05, 05:14 PM
BLAZE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

O.K., So I get to lexus and give them my car. They give me a 2005 IS 300 for a loaner, so far so good. I beat the loaner to sit (do doughnuts,e-brake,etc) Was supposed to get my car same day but it was not done. O.K. more abuse to the loaner, by the way i like the outside looks of the IS 300 but the inside gotta go,also it isn't as fast as i hoped for,but thats another story. Finally today lexus brings my car to me (cool) everything looks good,car idles good,no shakes, checked all fluids,looked at the serpentine belt, gave it a once over...again good. Now here is the problem, since i was at work i couldn't test drive it till lunch,when i did, it drove great.....up to 50 mph then i felt the whole car shimmy,vibrate,and the wheel alignment was pulling to the right.I thought they probably just had to much work to do and had to mess at least 1 thing up.I park the car and look at the wheels and OMG they scratched every wheel around every lugnut ...bad. NOW I KNOW I GOT STOCK 17'S,but c'mon WTF. I called them back and they said i gotta see the manager tommorow.I never even had 1 scratch on any rim,so i don't know what to ask them for. Should i tell them to give me new one's or refinish mine or take money off my $1276.00 bill?What do u guys think? thanx
Old 06-08-05, 05:26 PM
e-diddy
Lead Lap

I seriously doubt that they will give you a new set of wheels. Your best bet is to ask them to knock off a couple of hundred dollars from the bill and see what happens.

Take this as a lesson learned, not only are they expensive but careless as well. Just imagine if they would have done this to some nice aftermarket wheels. You would have probably scratched the tech.'s face in revenge. Good Luck.
Old 06-08-05, 05:38 PM
BLAZE
Lexus Test Driver

Hey e-diddy that was exactly what i wanted to do....How are they soooo careless? and the guy who worked on my car was a "master tech" WTF if i got a regular tech would he have scratched my paint as well??? Oh, if i had after market rims someone would be picking their teeth up from the floor!!!!
Old 06-08-05, 05:49 PM
miltonlin
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

blaise,

First explain the damage done to your car, and let them first suggest what they can do. Explain to them that you are a loyal customer and you have had your car serviced there (which you have), and you brought your care in for service, not for damage. Do it professionally and calmly. Take good notes of what they say and who you talk to.

The perception that Lexus wants to give you is that taking into the Lexus dealer is the best possible service you can give your car, but the reality boils down to the actual mechanic working on your car. Is the mechanic actually going to do the service you are paying for, following the Toyota service manual, or is he going to take shortcuts. Is he going to be extra careful?

The dealer damaged a lug nut on the 60K service on my RX300 and when I showed it to them, they changed it. A a local tire place, the tire shop damaged one of the wheels. Didn't notice til much later. Can't prove it though. I wish I could do everything on my car, but I can't as I don't have the skill or the tools. What I like better than taking it to the dealership is taking the car to a shop or place I can watch them (like 5-20 feet away). That way, I can be sure to say something if I see something. People's behavior changes when they know they are being watched.

Talk to the manager, and if you are not happy with they offer as compensation, then call 180025LEXUS and open a case with them and provide them the details. Call the Lexus national every day or every other day until you talk to who is assigned to your case. You must be persistent. You will end up better than what they offered you to begin with.

I don't know if your car actually has a rim (not steel wheel) as a spare, but if it does, there's one wheel you could use - doesn't change the damage that they caused.
Old 06-08-05, 06:14 PM
BLAZE
Lexus Test Driver

thank you miltonlin. I am definately going to be professional about it, but i can't hide the fact that i am pissed. When my wife gets in the car and she doesn't keep her floor mat clean i bug out,so i feel this guy messed up my rims u khow he's gonna get it (lol).I mean i try my best to keep this car imaculate and it shows, so when they inspect it they can't say "well it's a 98 and bla bla bla... My whole theory is that I didn't have this before the over priced service, so why should i have to deal with it now?
Old 06-08-05, 07:42 PM
OG Member
Lead Lap

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Blaise,

In the near future should you need any work done to your Lexus, I would like to recommend Larry over at Innovations Performance in Orlando, FL.

From the looks of the list and the amount paid. I estimate you could have save $400 - $500 and actually had peace of mind by having the ability to watch everything being completed.

www.innovationsperformance.com

Take care,
Chris

ps: Sorry about the rim situation. I have not had the best luck with that dealership in terms of management.
Old 06-09-05, 04:33 PM
BLAZE
Lexus Test Driver

hey thanx twinkie,i'll try them.