GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

That Hidden Code For Radio ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-05, 08:06 PM
NoS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking That Hidden Code For Radio ???

So I went in to get my emisson test today, and before this a long time ago after reading a post on this forum I went into the backend of the radio [by using some form of code such as holding down 1 & 6 and press AM three times?] to mess around with the setting so my bass increased by almost 50%.

After finishing up at the test I noticed that my bass was much lower, so I am thinking that maybe it was reset

Anyhow I cant find the topic anywhere, anyone know that code?

Thanks

Last edited by NoS; 06-03-05 at 09:01 PM.
Old 06-03-05, 09:16 PM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by NoS
So I went in to get my emisson test today, and before this a long time ago after reading a post on this forum I went into the backend of the radio [by using some form of code such as holding down 1 & 6 and press AM three times?] to mess around with the setting so my bass increased by almost 50%.

After finishing up at the test I noticed that my bass was much lower, so I am thinking that maybe it was reset

Anyhow I cant find the topic anywhere, anyone know that code?

Thanks
I have never heard of this before... on the NAK?
Old 06-03-05, 09:22 PM
NoS
Lexus Champion

Nope. Regular although I think it was for both.
Old 06-03-05, 09:28 PM
LasVegasGS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about for ML with Nav?
Old 06-03-05, 09:32 PM
NoS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LasVegasGS
How about for ML with Nav?
Dont know... All i have is the regular setup, no Nav or Nak. Through a series of button pushing I was able to get into a hidden program... man where is that topic.... still searching
Old 06-03-05, 10:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i dont' recall there being a code for our radio?
Old 06-03-05, 10:31 PM
kevs
Lexus Test Driver

Definitely no code on my 98 GS4 w/Nak...of course, it doesn't even work anymore, but that's another story...
Old 06-04-05, 10:24 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

never ever heard of that
Old 06-04-05, 11:02 AM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Here's the Link to it.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...agnostics+Mode

Originally Posted by girvan
I did a little research into the standard Pioneer audio system in my 98 GS400 after being inspired by some of the posts on putting video on the NAV screen and after trying to improve the stock speakers. What struck me was that the front door bass reflex enclosure was very carefully designed all the way down to the grill that redirects medium frequencies and the ducted bass port sealed to the door. Lexus has put a lot of acoustic intelligence into even the standard audio system despite the “transistor radio” comments here ( I used to work in broadcast audio studios) . The replacement 4 inch speakers I bought had much smaller magnets and seamed to be similar quality, tarted up with glossy cones and little additional quality so I left the original in place for now after hours of experimentation. I’ll probably change them later, but I decided to focus on the electronics first.

I had hacked the Pioneer amp about 4 years ago (not recommended) to increase Bass gain and replaced the woofer for a Boston Acoustics high efficiency woofer with a cast frame. Despite my adjustments I was never happy with bass response and had the EQ set to near max with as a poor compromise to get more sub bass yet over-drive the door speakers.

Getting to the point, I researched the amplifier and came across the service mode for the Pioneer amp via the NAV system – there is a similar adjustment for the non NAV cars. Here’s what you do:

Get into the NAV diagnostics mode (covered in these forums before) - hold the Climate and Audio controls while switching the parking lights on and off 3 or 4 times. This must be done immediately after tuning the key on. The new step is:

• Once the diagnostics auto test completes, press the menu key on the touch screen, then hold the AM button for 5 second until it beeps.

• The display will now show “Audio”

• The TAPE button toggles through F, R and W for Front, Rear and Woofer. The UP DOWN button can set these from 0 to -80 dBs.

• The FM button toggles between P1, P2 and L, where P1 and P2 are equalizer frequency settings and L is the overall level from 0 to -20 dBs. I haven’t figure out what the equalizer setting do exactly.

• The setting appears to be non volatile so switching the ignition off keeps the values. I now have a system that is much closer to my preferences with the controls flat – always a good place to be. Happy tweaking.

For non NAV cars it appears that the diagnostic mode is set by pressing the CD key 3 times while holding down channel 1 or 6. Auto level or ASL must be on first. Then press the AM button for a few seconds or LW/MW button on some non US cars to get into the amplifier DSP mode. Note that I have no way to test this.

I also have no idea what happens with a DVD NAV car.

Of additional note is that the audio system has alls sort of features not used including MD, DAT, rear seat TV, rear control and adjustable length antenna depending on what FM frequency is used! These appear to be for non US markets. UK cars have a telescopic antenna.
Old 06-04-05, 11:09 AM
NoS
Lexus Champion

THANKS so much mikal !! That's it Now time to see if the emission test did reset it

"For non NAV cars it appears that the diagnostic mode is set by pressing the CD key 3 times while holding down channel 1 or 6. Auto level or ASL must be on first. Then press the AM button for a few seconds or LW/MW button on some non US cars to get into the amplifier DSP mode."
Old 06-04-05, 11:18 AM
mikal
Lexus Champion

NP, Did a little searching cuz i was intrested to see if it was possible to set up the db settings. Thanks for bringing it up.
Old 06-04-05, 03:53 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For non NAV cars it appears that the diagnostic mode is set by pressing the CD key 3 times while holding down channel 1 or 6. Auto level or ASL must be on first. Then press the AM button for a few seconds or LW/MW button on some non US cars to get into the amplifier DSP mode. Note that I have no way to test this.

cool has anyone tried this on an 01+ non ML/Nav GS?
Old 06-04-05, 04:58 PM
vicestan
Lead Lap

Dang it does work, and it works well, this will have to do untill I upgrade my woofer.
Old 06-04-05, 05:09 PM
Alexusoftime
Lead Lap

Dang i seem too not to be able to to do this to my aftermarket radio
Old 06-04-05, 05:25 PM
ChuH
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a 01 GS430 with ML and Non-NAV.

Done the holding of Ch1/6 and pressed DISC (3-times). The display shows P190. Pressing AM for 4 sec or longer does nothing. I can't seem to get to what you guys are describing.

I fool around with the buttons and found the following things.

1) Pressing Seek/Track UP/Down button would alternate the following display when I press the UP/Down button.

P440
GOOD
P190
GOOD
P1C6
GOOD
P360
GOOD

2) Press CH1 and get a 3 short beeps

3) When the display shows P190 pressing CH5 will provide a long beep then a display CLR

4) Press UP and display shows P360 pressing CH5 will provide a long beep then a display CLR. Press the UP again and display shows P440 and pressing CH5 will provide a long beep then a display CLR. I guess this is to clear some type of setting for P190, P360 and P440.

Chu....

Quick Reply: That Hidden Code For Radio ???