GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

In Need of Some Guidance

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-01 | 10:49 PM
RhuluM
Driver School Candidate

Hi,

well i am sure you get one of these messages everyday, but i am extreamly interested in learning about the Lexus GS 300. I my self am a owner of a GS 300 (2k Platinum Series if that helps at all ). And well i have spent a couple of weeks researching about my car, and well i finally got the guts to post this message. So far what i have noticed is that everyone who has mods for their car either has a GS 400, 430 or 300 that the americas do not have. So what i am really asking is someone tell talk to about the things i can do to my car, even though it is a 300. I know i may seem like a complete newb at this and I am. but i want to learn and i think talking with one of you guys will really help me out in knowing what to do. so if you have some extra time on you hands to teach someone the ropes i guess, please contact me. i have ICQ: 78233901 and AIM: RhuluM
I know i didnt give you enough info but i figured you guys have read enough posts that reading one like isnt worth your time. but i really hope someone cant lead me the way. Thank you for your time.

Regards,
Alan Chang
Old 06-23-01 | 10:58 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

alan,

don't be shy, we will not bite. J/K

tell us what are you looking for to improve your gs3?

handling/road holding ability? to corner better

appearance of your car?

speed? shorter breaking distance? it does not matter what model you have,as long as it is a lexus.

let us know.

will
Old 06-24-01 | 12:32 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

what's up Allan, welcome to ClubLexus

Originally posted by RhuluM
So what i am really asking is someone tell talk to about the things i can do to my car, even though it is a 300

Even though it's a 300? Maybe you haven't realized that you got yourself the highest-potential inline -6 engine in the world

You can always talk to me on AOL/AIM when you see me. SN: "GlobeCLK". I got a "GS300" only also more fun than you think man.
Old 06-24-01 | 03:14 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Welcome Alan...

As Will pointed out, we won't bite (just don't buy fake/ricer stuff for your GS! )

Please give us some more feedback on exactly WHAT you want to do (as Will asked). Then we can hopefully "guide" you onto the "right" path...

I can assure you that no one looks down on the GS300. I own a GS430 and I have much respect for the GS300...as Will said, it doesn't matter which Lexus you have (well, except for maybe a ES250... ) ...and as Globe pointed out, the I6 in your GS has some serious potential if you decided to jump into the whole engine modding world...
Old 06-24-01 | 05:40 AM
RhuluM
Driver School Candidate

Well thank for all feedback guys.

Well my main concern is that, is it worth moding a GS 300, i have a friend who said that i shouldnt spend all my money moding a GS 300 that i should wait untill a get a car that has more potential to mod up performance wise. what he was talking about, was that i should wait untill i get a manuel transmission car ( he mentioned the new IS 300 that will be a 5-speed )
I am not going to say he is wrong, but i am wondering if it is really worth Moding up a GS 300 performance wise. I was told i have some a lot of potential, but will really never reach the 400 and 430s. So i am asking you guys what is best for me at this stage?

i would love to have more speed on my car ( i dont think 7.8 will do me any good ^_^) in addition to that the apperance of it could always look a little diffferent from the others, i have already got some superwhite PIAAs on my Night lights, foglights, daytime, and some purple tint break lights. hehe i know it isnt much but i have to start somewhere. .... oh trust me i wont be a rice boy and buy stickers all that crap...i like to keep my car clean looking and simple. i have seen a lot of those cars around and for some reason it just gives out a bad vibe.

well i hope that helps a little, i would like to do a lot to my car, anything from performance to looks, i just want to know is it worth waiting to get the new IS 300 ( which i was told will be a 5-speed ) or stick with my baby and work with it.